My country may be small but it got its own charm to offer :)

My country may be small but it got its own charm to offer :)

Attached: 낙산사.jpg (1468x977, 912K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haeinsa
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Buddhism
news.jtbc.joins.com/article/ArticlePrint.aspx?news_id=NB11186682
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how often did your school teachers beat you (or beat your classmates)?

Looks great user, post more

This is beautiful
I want to jump head first into snow so fucking badly

Attached: 1525208139466.png (1001x823, 806K)

300 iq helping korea's economy by promoting tourism :)

Attached: apuulove.jpg (125x122, 3K)

Just light slaps on the palms if we were late or forgot class materials. Its been almost a decade since beating in schools was outlawed here.

aww thanks. ill go ahead and post my collection then

Attached: 보성 녹차밭.jpg (877x553, 113K)

It's sad that most people know South Korea for its disgusting modern culture and are blind to your country's different aspects, like the picture you posted.

I kinda agree, yeah

Attached: 하늘목장.jpg (836x557, 185K)

Attached: 지리산 다락논.jpg (1200x800, 2.01M)

Attached: 청산도.jpg (1500x969, 673K)

Attached: 고석정.jpg (1774x1182, 2.39M)

Do you have any more cool pics of shrines or temples? I really like the one in the OP.

Yeah yeah yeah cool hills and shit but if I wanted to look at some pretty green then I'd go outside of the city. Post some comfy architecture instead, either traditional or modern stuff but it gotta be comfy.

Snow is overrated

How does the Korean script vary from the Chinese and Japanese scripts

This temple is where the one of the most comprehensive and oldest intact version of Tripitaka (Buddhist scripts) was kept. Both the temple and the scripts were designated by UNESCO.
Edit: file name

Sure, ill find some traditional architecture

Attached: 해인사.jpg (1466x978, 1023K)

As far as I know it has nothing in common with them.

I think they developed it entirely on their own which is pretty rad.
Thanks user!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haeinsa

You’re welcome!

Attached: 수원화성.jpg (1300x867, 355K)

If I am a foreigner, I think that going to Korea is a waste of money.

Attached: 수원화성2.jpg (1500x1001, 478K)

Attached: 영일대.jpg (1000x577, 96K)

That is because our infrastructure for tourism industry is garbage outside Seoul. Believe me, things will get much better once we rid the country of bureaucracy.

Attached: 도담삼봉.jpg (1400x933, 554K)

Korea looks like THAT?

Thanks for the pics, bro. This all looks really nice.

>the Seoul Metro

Attached: Most highly rated tourist attractions in world.png (6000x3490, 1.93M)

Haha im glad you liked all of them

Attached: 순천만.jpg (700x460, 110K)

>Central Park
>Harry Potter Studio Tour

Attached: 순천만.jpg (1024x683, 295K)

Attached: 순천만2.jpg (663x440, 112K)

Attached: 충주호.jpg (640x265, 406K)

Attached: 선암마을.jpg (800x1200, 391K)

Attached: 해금강.jpg (1200x800, 251K)

We got cool bridges too!

Attached: 인천대교.jpg (970x647, 129K)

Did you know Seoul has PARKS?

Attached: 올림픽공원.jpg (900x600, 169K)

Its bigger than most euro cunt

Attached: 주상절리.jpg (1200x675, 281K)

Is it a buddhist shrine? What buddhist school and traditions do you have?

I know your pain

im sure that is if you count north and south korea as one country.
P.S. Indonesia is 19 times bigger than us

Attached: 영월 선돌.jpg (1000x667, 356K)

Oh, sorry. Didn't notice that.

Yes it is.
South Korea’s buddhism belongs to the Mahayana school. Its primary sect is called Jogye.
Roughly 20% of South Koreans follow buddhism which isn’t very a lot but we did make buddha’s birthday as the national holiday.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Buddhism

Attached: 죽녹원.jpg (800x540, 434K)

where are all the jap monkeys shitposting this thread?

Attached: 우포늪.jpg (2000x975, 449K)

Shhhh dont speak of the devil pls

Attached: 우포늪2.jpg (1300x823, 469K)

Attached: 북한산.png (898x420, 621K)

What does the average Korean think about the US?

traditional architecture is cool but i think what makes korea extra special is their beautiful traditional attire and also korean shamanism

a hundred times more positively than an average Jow Forums poster
not even exaggerating lol

>beautiful traditional attire
Yes, it is one of the few existent legacies of the ancient HWAN empire
>korean shamanism
What about it? I doubt that it will survive for long.

Attached: 설악산 공룡능선.jpg (1000x665, 165K)

I saw a movie called the wailing and that shit is insane man, pretty cool, also very kinoporium.

Korea is the best country in the world

전라도랑 충청도 가볼만한 곳 추천 좀. 한번도 안가봄 그쪽 동네는

>the wailing
Agreed. It was a very impressive film for me too
Haha dont make me blush

혹시 나같은 서울토박이임? 강원도는?

Attached: 정동진.jpg (960x540, 188K)

Okay, ill post just a couple more then go to sleep..

Attached: 천지연.jpg (1000x667, 422K)

I have a question for the Koreabros in this thread.
Yesterday I saw some videos about the extremely demanding education system in Korea and how people slave away since their teenage years to be able to get into a good university. It painted it as if the average Korean student is under immense pressure to perform very well during all his formative years.
My question is, what about the regular jobs? The car mechanics, the shop owners, the barbers, the factory workers, the farmers, the bartenders, the cooks, the drivers...
Not everyone aims to be a doctor or an engineer, someone needs to perform the normal, low/medium education jobs. Is the quality of life bad for those? Do the kids that aim to have normal jobs get spared the educational hell? I can't picture a regular joe studying 12 hours a day to end up fixing cars or something like that.

All your spice are belong to us

Attached: 1553462485962.png (1000x1000, 2.25M)

I can write an answer for your question but right now im quite sleep. i hope another koreanon would explain for you

Attached: 우도.jpg (550x324, 119K)

경상도임. 강원도는 많이 가봄

*sleepy

All we’ve got here is salt senpai. Maybe we can send you to one of the salt farms like pic related where you will never be able to escape from? lol

Attached: 태평염전.jpg (1200x798, 277K)

It's not like this in Spain?
Here it's like this in all highschools. And on top of that even the half-decent blue collar jobs require some sort of degree or qualification.

Are professional occupations earning still well in Greece? I heard your economy is improving but im not sure what life is really like there.

Attached: 성산일출봉.jpg (940x627, 608K)

Not at all. Some degrees do require very good grades, but a lot of them don't. In some cities you can get into mechanical engineering with a 5/10. Of course, those are the shittier or less popular unis, but their degrees are just as valid and are often as hard if not more than the popular ones, they just don't carry the prestige.
Trade schools are fairly easy to get into too, though most don't pay very well.
According to what I saw, Korean students had a balls to the wall workload during all their formative years. That's not even remotely similar to Spain.

>korea
i preffer japan

Attached: 6565656556509840.jpg (600x350, 205K)

Attached: 성산일출봉1.jpg (1080x1080, 152K)

Do you know about Woojeon? i got nice tea coming from there

If we are talking about only engineering jobs, the situation is more or less identical here unless you enter a really, really bad uni.

Attached: 성산일출봉2.jpg (1200x801, 955K)

Last week, I discovered that Blackpink exists. I wish I've stayed ignorant.

This is a nice thread.

I googled and yeah, it’s a village of a town that is famous for green tea in my country.

Attached: 협재해수욕장.jpg (700x465, 86K)

Nice spot for suicide

what happens on jeju island

Yeah xD
the last 6 or 7 pictures I posted are taken from there.

Attached: 용머리해안.jpg (700x465, 143K)

Hello Im from jeolla province

And this one too.
Alright.. i posted way more than i thought. now lets call it a day.
Did everyone enjoyed these pictures? If be so glad if some of you downloaded them too.
byeeee!

Attached: 백록담.jpg (1800x753, 1.19M)

>harry potter studio tour
the absolute state of br*Toid subhumans

*id

indeed that gave me chuckle lmao

In my opinion, South Korea landscape itself is decent. Maybe 7/10 ? It doesnt have god tier landscape like some Thai,Italy,West China and etc.But It has its own Charm.

Film Wailing or Netflix series Kingdom captured it well.

But the problem is damn city.Korean city is -100/10 tier. We ruined ourselves with disgusting urban planning.City is filled with fugly buildings.Also rural city have fugly buildings too lool.

Anything architecture(modern,historical.city or rural) in Korea is garbage tier.

will check out Kingdom for sure, I like Gorean movies, have you seen the Yellow Sea? fucking loved that one, it's a bit old but great.
also Burning was fucking amazing.

>My country may be small
Not just your country

>Kino maker Italin compliment Korean film

Huh.... I know this sounds cucked and beta.But I feel grateful and a little bit ashamed when French and Italian enjoy Korean film.

Of course, I watched Yellow sea.I love film.And I watched Call me by your name too.I want to watch Happy as lazarro but It didnt release here.

kek but Korean films have been consistently better than the majority of Italian trash of the last decade.

I haven't seen Lazzaro either yet, I really have to.
also do watch Burning if you haven't seen it, it's better that 99.9% of Italian movies of the last 5 years easily.
if you want you can write some of your korean favorites and I'll write them down ;)

True but the pizza and pasta make up for it

Attached: TenderTightCaribou-size_restricted.gif (320x320, 931K)

I watched burning.I saw some Korean film critics compared burning to L'Avventura by Michelangelo Antonioni. Because both talk about cognition.I am brainlet so I cant understand much lool.

For recommendation, I dont know you how much you have seen Korea film... But I will avoid too well classic.

>The Truth Beneath(2016)-Co wriiten by Park chanwook.It failed at box office but a lot of critics say its one of best thriller in years and gave good reviews.

>Castaway on the Moon- hidden gem
T>he spy gone north-Classic espionage
>1987 When the day comes- Kino.But It need some historical background knowledge.
>A Hard day
>Assassination-Entertaining
>Cold Eyes(2013)-Remake of Hong Kong film.But Its entertaining kino

I dont know how much you have seen Korea film... But I will avoid too well known classic.

out of those I have only seen Castaway on the Moon which was very good. I'll watch the one by Park Chan-Wook first since I liked all of his other movies and I thought the Handmaiden was very entertaining and brilliantly shot.
Wrote the others down thank you matey, you're a cool guy.

sad but true.

Also if you arent against tv series,

Forest of Secret has well made Korean thriller/crime vibe. You can see at Netflix.It is Stranger in Netflix tho

doesn't change that your country is a shithole though, not because of its nature or anything, but because of its people

*stays two nights in seoul only*

Do you love Japan?

I prefer movies but I'm also saving this for later watching, I'll check out Kingdom first since I've wanted to for a bit but I had actually forgotten it.

Italian crimes series are also pretty good, Gomorra ans Suburra especially.

Thanks,I will check it.

In my opinion, South Korea film industry is good at Two things : Entertaining mainstream Kino, Cinematography.

Tbh, I think other Asian nation have very good arthouse auteurs like Edward Yang,Hou Hsiao-hsien, Koreeda and etc. But their film dont do well in box office.

But famous Korean directors are different form other Asian directors. Bong Joonho,Park Chanwook, Na Hongjin and etc are all considered as 'commercial mainstream filmmaker' here. Their films really do well in box office.They care about box office result A LOT.

For cinematography, We have a lot of decent DPs. And a lot of foreign critics praise our cinematography and technological achievement.

yeah definitely those you mentioned are considered commercial filmmakers, even in the west.
but whereas commercial movies in the west are almost invariably shit and with very low production quality despite the monstrous budgets, (some) Korean commercial kinos remain very well produced and present the qualities of works that were produced with care and loving craftmanship.

on top of that some korean movies are definitely outside of the "commercial" boundaries, the Yellow Sea which I mentioned earlier was some of the best action I had seen in a long time, the rawness of it coupled with the pure brutality and realistic portrayal in every scene just makes it completely different from the action movies of the west, in a good way.

Well I've seen Oldboy, fairly known as far as Korean movies go
Loved it, it's been a while tho I don't remember anything I should watch it again

oh and the cinematography was pure kino, as is the case with many other movies produced in Korea, very differently from Italy where the majority of contemporary movies seem to be thought and shot by monkeys.

watch I Saw the Devil.

Better in every imaginable way, hangul is based

Are you still reading this post?
Can I ask one question?

You know Kim Ki-Duk,right? How well known is him in Italy? I am really curious.

Because he have been bashed and ignored by Both Korean audience and film critics whole time. But he won most award than any other Korean director in European film festival. Whenever he won, Korean film cirtics say 'He win because of Orientalism. His film is shit'

He always have complaint how he get bad treatment in his own country.Some rumors in Korea say 'Kim is famous and popular in Italy'.

Even Italian expat celeb in korea(He is quite famous) wrote essay'Kim ki duk is most famous Korean in Europe'

news.jtbc.joins.com/article/ArticlePrint.aspx?news_id=NB11186682
(Google translate it.)

Is it true he is famous in Italy?Korean film critics and public really hate him(even before sex scandal) and believe he is respected in Europe because of Orientalism

How well known he is in Italy?

mine too is a small country with its own charm to offer >:)

Attached: hmmm.png (180x158, 52K)

he is very well known here, every entry-level asiaboo will invariably be a kim ki-duk fanboy as well. he is also very well known among cinema fans in general because he participates consistently in euro festivals and evidently makes movies that appeal to an european audience on some level.

I have no idea if it's because of orientalism, the concept itself is barely a thing here. in fact from reading your post I get the feeling his critics are trying to pin him to a whole phenomenon that is barely real here, that is that many people favor "orientals" just because.
he is definitely the more well-known Korean director here but that doesn't mean other oriental directors are also celebrated above western ones, making me doubt the whole orientalist bias even exists.

I remember when I used to work in a cinema we used to screen few asian and few people turned out, but when Pietà by KKD came out a ton of people came see it, he's just popular as an individual, not because Italians particularly favor orientalism, I believe.

few asian movies*

But a lot of Korean film critics talk bad about his film and call misogyny shit

Their logic is
>Kim make misogyny and oriental film
>It cant be made in Europe because they cant make misogyny shit like this in Europe
>His film cant be made in Europe so its seen as unique and special in europe

His film have been called misogynic a lot in Korea since debut.I guess the definition of 'misogyny' is different.
But he constantly make film that male protagonist get comfort from female prostitute.

Only two of his films are recognized here.
'3 iron','Spring summer fall winter and spring'
Other films are called misogynic shit

wut, I don't get this criticism 2bh, there are a shitton of european movies (even recent, see Martyrs, or Gaspar Noe's movies) that depict extreme abuse inflicted on women, KKD's films are pretty tame in comparison.
and besides that, I don't get how movies can be considered "misogynistic" because of depictions of violence or prostitution alone, some people will start with this interpretation in mind and will nitpick every aspect of a given work of art to find validation, that doesn't mean the intent of the filmmaker was to convey a message that can be reduced to "I hate women lol".