Why are Americans like this?

Why are Americans like this?
>I tell my room mate that the Notre Dame burned down
>hes like, "oh the school?"
>im like, "no, the church"
>He's like "the school and the church?".
>I'm like "The one in Paris"

yeah he didnt have an idea wtf I was talking about. I fucking hate normies

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x550, 59K)

Why should we care to know about that building? We're not all autist like you

that proves that the church is worthless

its a fucking famous building

I bet the average chink or jap knows

Ignorance is different that stupidity. I just found ou it was a museum today.

Never heard of it before today.

they don't nor do they care

Why is being dumb something to be proud of in America?

as they say, ignorance is bliss.

its considered cool to act dumb

im not even kidding. Normies try to sound dumb on purpose

>Normies
Any normy would have known about Notre Dame, he just ignorant

I’m not an idiot, I am just not an expert on French architecture you waffle.

This, why should anyone be expected to know of some stupid ass church?

Lol you are a fucking retard. I knew about this when I was 5, I am sure nearly everyone in my family knows about it. Americans are stupid as fuck.

this is the most american thing i've read all day

Not knowing it exists is like not knowing the taj mahal exists. Do you know what this? Probably not, moron

Notice how if you ever call an American out on his ignorance on something, he'll always doubledown and treat his lack of knowledge as a good thing.

>t.retard

judging by how it's been mistreated I don't expect the average french to not have a similar reaction

My boomer parents knew what this was, you have no excuse

Would your average family member know about monuments like this in india or brazil (the christ statue, taj mahal)? I'm wondering if its just America or wtf.

It's literally the most famous church in the world, besides perhaps St. Peters

Oh for fucks sake, i KNOW what the notre dame is, i'm on an autistic board like you and everyone else here. I'm saying WHY should the average bloke be chastised for knowing fuck all about an irrelevant synagogue half the world away?

>normies
That's an amerimutt thing. Don't judge us for your shit.

If you have heard of gothic architecture, quasimodo, medieval paris, gargoyles (probably), or even seen a list or just a picture of the most famous european monuments/churches worldwide you'd know this existed. Truely takes some level of ignorance not to know it even exists.

Because you are a fucking cuck and called it noter dayme like the fucking most popular university in this country

They would. Now, they probably wouldn't be able to name them, but would know "Oh, that's that big jesus thing in Brazil!"

im pretty sure am*ricans dont even know what the Sagrada familia is without googling it

>the christ statue, taj maha
>Names world famous monuments
Oh dear.

This
>its useless its across the world it doesn't affect me I don't need to know it exist!!

Jesus, I can't believe people really care about that.
So much shit happens in the world and here is just some old building. just fuck it.

>nooo sorry WE know but my country doesn't me no Stoopid like everyone else here PLZ love me euros

Attached: 1553398913032.gif (413x243, 51K)

The zoomers didn't get to watch the disney movie about it give em a break

>WHY SHOULD I KNOW THINGS???? OLD THINGS BAD, NEW THINGS GOOD BURGER KING NASCAR POPEYES DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Yes... Yes they would... Because we are not dumb amér*Cans

>knowing about a random french cathedral is a cornerstone of enlightened intelligence

Kill yourselves, pseuds

They made a fucking Disney movie starring the Church, but I guess Americans are too stupid to remember even films that are older than 5 years.

Definitely would know both. Surely mist Americans could at least recognize the Taj Mahal, it's in virtually every representation of India in media. 9/10 when a character goes around the world it shows them in India, and 10/10 when they're in India they're in front of the Taj Mahal. I an imagine not being able to name it exactly but not being able to recognize it and have some idea that it's Indian... that's really beyond stupid.

Notre Dame is comparable to those in its fame, thats my point

HOW WHAT!?
Has he never seen the hunch back of notre dame

>LOL i have spent most of my valuable time learning about buildings that have no bearing whatsoever to me so i can feel intelligent

Attached: eee.jpg (647x740, 54K)

Unless you grew up in a hut without electricity you'd probably know about the notre dame and in fact I could probably ask my 87 year old grandpa and he's know too.

It's not intelligence, it's culture. You not knowing one of the top 3 most important churches world wide, one of the most impressive pieces of European architecture as well as the most recognizable monument of Gothic architecture is a proof of ignorance. OK it's not a case of life or death if you don't know, but to spend all your life without ever stumbling on it or hearing about it takes another step at ignorance.

HAVE NO NEVER SEEN THE DISNEY MOVIE BEFORE YOU IGNORANT NIGGER

You realize this is one of the most famous buildings on the planet right, you don't have to study architecture to know about it retard. You're just stupid, it doesn't make anyone a soyboy

>It's not intelligence, it's culture. You not knowing one of the top 3 most important churches world wide, one of the most impressive pieces of European architecture as well as the most recognizable monument of Gothic architecture is a proof of ignorance. OK it's not a case of life or death if you don't know, but to spend all your life without ever stumbling on it or hearing about it takes another step at ignorance.

Attached: Soy.gif (800x371, 193K)

>why yes, i spend all my time learning inane shit for internet points to make americants seethe, how did you guess?

Attached: file.png (1068x601, 387K)

fucking lol. I thought people would recognize it from the disney movie at least, guess I was wrong.

Come at me with a real argument, cultured intellectuals... (Here's a fun fact about me, I knew about the stupid cathedreal prior to today)

Being stupid doesn't make you manly, it just makes you stupid. The same is true for the inverse except you don't even need to be smart to know about Notre Dame. Accept you are retarded.

its the same here, only for women though

Their arguments are literally what has already been presented. Just some loser incels who spend time on Wikipedia so they can feel based. Europeans should rightfully know what it is, but the 7 billion people out of it have no reason to give a fuck

> step 1: Hey I didn't know either, its not a big deal
>everyone mocks the retard
> step 2: well you're a loser for knowing about iy
>everyone mocks the retard
> step 3: heh I knew about it anyways loser.
Every time lol

>Just some loser incels who spend time on Wikipedia so they can feel based
If that's the view you take about learning. I do feel sorry for you.

>Caring about stupid churches outside your country

Attached: soyyyyy.png (1364x1204, 54K)

I knew about it before I ever even owned a computer with internet. You are very ignorant not to know about one of the most famous buildings in the world. Even if you're an underage fag.

i didnt know what the fuck it was either lol
>u-ur ignorant mane shieeet!
whatever nerdz

Why are americans so fat and stupid?

Knowing something exists doesn't mean you care. And do you think caring about architecture makes you a soyboy or are you just butthurt?

Ah, I see you wont confront me on my point. Prove to me that knowing about a fucking UNIMPORTANT cathedral is important!? It's not Kant, Aristotle, the wheel.... Its a building in France.

I can't possibly imagine someone not knowing the Christ statue

>IGNORANCE IS MY STRENGTH, YUROPOORMULSIMTURD

Attached: 1535844163376.png (889x696, 133K)

>He cares about some retarded building thousands of miles away from his country

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

That building has more cultural and historical value than your entire lineage

To be perfectly honest when I first saw the headline on CBC I thought it was the Notre Dame Basilica in Montreal

Attached: 1438828083710.jpg (361x287, 15K)

>old buildings
>culture

They're about as famous as the great wall of China.

>oh the school?
Lmfao

It's surprising that people older than their teens wouldn't know about it but also most people have no reason to care about that stuff. The architecture the best of its kind sure but without most Americans having been able to see stuff like that in person it's hard to establish a connection

>STUPID AMERIFATS how can you not know about some old ass building, FUCKING CULTURELETS!

Attached: Cringe.png (1054x791, 789K)

You’re literally SEETHING

Except this Cathedral is world famous, retard

>You’re literally SEETHING

Attached: 7a2.jpg (960x540, 107K)

Do you know who Napoleon was?

Obviously

Attached: napoleon-dynamite.jpg (700x500, 53K)

Not being stupid makes you a soybo

based americans

do you really think there is something wrong with this or are you just butthurt

Why are Americans so abysmally retarded

>do you really think there is something wrong with this or are you just butthurt

Attached: 1529191091450.jpg (960x892, 234K)

Do you not read The Hunchback of Notre Dame in American schools? There's even a disney movie

Imagine thinking being not retarded makes you a soyboy
embarassing

is the hunchback safe at least

I have never heard of this book ever for any reason even being mentioned in the American school system and most people watch that movie when they're toddlers. Don't assume

Please someone makes a screencap of this thread. Americans being dumb is a thing but them priding themselves of it is just phenomenal.

I personally haven't talked to anyone yet who doesn't know what it is. I'd wager the majority of Americans that have gone through any school system know what it is. Have you considered maybe they're being facetious?

You sound like some fucking beta, stop giving a fuck what some cunt on the internet thinks.

Nah Americans are just fat and retarded lmao

What the fuck is wrong with burgers? Notre Dame is literally the pyramids of Giza-tier.
>idk about some stupid church outside my country durrrrrrr
This is beyond stupid. So I guess no one is supposed to know what statue of liberty or golden gate is. Guess what dumb burger everyone fucking knows it. The whole fucking world. Everyone in each country has some basic knowledge about the world, except for YOU. How can one nation be so arrogant? I bet none of you dumb ass burgers can't point 10 countries on a map, and you were probably 17 or older when you found out Africa was not a country. This is mostly why the whole world hates you, even your closest allies. Annoying fucking dumbass ignorant useless pieces of shit.

Attached: 1552402833918.png (1000x432, 165K)

It's ok, I couldn't recognize the burning rubble when I first saw it either. But now they can make a new better cathedral, it's going to be so great so big and beautiful. When people see it they are going to awe in amazement, you'll see. You are going to love it. You are going to say "This one is even better than before."

Don't care lmao

One of my managers said the same thing. When I told him the one in Paris, he asked if it was older than the one in the US. When I told him the one is France is over 800 years old, he asked me again. I swear to fucking God I'm embarrassed to be in this country

I assumed you are a fucking retard and it worked out well.

>most obvious and world widely known cathedral
>even exist a disney movie that shows that place
>why should we care to know about that building
>we're not all autist like you
You're the autist here.

lmao

Attached: 1498344958422.png (557x612, 365K)

lol

My gf and I are celebrating the cathedral burning down because we hate Europeans lmao

Having some cheap sweet wine for the occasion

Most Americans know the Taj Mahal too you idiot and they could tell you where cristo redentor is they just couldn’t name it

i unironically learned it from a Japanese student while teaching in Japan

They were shocked that I didnt know kek

that building has more history than your entire country