European city planning is just so much better than Americas'

Americans will try to defend this

Attached: z5tq58cudes21.jpg (700x1169, 897K)

it's horrible there is nothing to defend

Mexico's even worse

Attached: ciudad-nezahualcoyotl-03.jpg (640x427, 281K)

Grid cities are objectively better.

yeh, desu they are despite not having the organic city aesthetic

Straight streets bad

Attached: w123er4.jpg (555x585, 37K)

>All of Europe is london
I hate yanks

A somewhat mixed optimized grid is even better

They're more efficient, but ugly.

Most Grid cities in the US and rest of the New World were able to be planned out compared to most Old World Cities

Not every city is an Edomex favela

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-15 Google Maps.jpg (1517x887, 818K)

USA is a young country born at the beginning of industrial revolution from people all over Europe. You can't expect the same standards.

>Grid cities are objectively better.
They're so ugly though. And unnatural. It could be argued that people's sense of beauty derives directly from the nature that surrounds us.

You know what you'll never encounter walking in nature? Grids.

hey it's every simcity I made when I was young

This is the planning of a suburb in America, not a city

>xDDD Grids are so ugly and American, not like superior European cities!

Attached: Florence_Grid[1].jpg (1600x975, 728K)

It wasn't really possible to do it any other way on the good old SNES.

American cities aren't as old, so the planning is different. While development centered around rivers in Europe, it often centered around railroads in America. And the amount we are suburbanized caused a need for cars, which led to more roads and parking instead of mass transportation, which is seen as ghetto by most Americans.
Anyways the map is obviously exaggerated, you can find plenty of cool looking parts of every city, and most churches aren't megachurches, and most cities have an old courthouse or something from the 19th century.

>xDDD Why do Americans only build grids? Are they too dumb for anything else?

Attached: collection-skyview-paris-vue-du-ciel-1000-pieces--puzzle.41243-1.fs[1].jpg (1500x990, 722K)

>xDDD Americans could really learn a lesson or two from Europe when it comes to city design

Attached: form_town_turin_1_03[1].jpg (1317x850, 330K)

There's nothing wrong with grids, you don't even notice it unless you look at maps.

>xDDD American's wont defend this

Attached: 2wMpUpl[1].jpg (810x456, 101K)

Not a grid
Not a grid
Too zoomed in to mean anything
Not Europe

Let's be honest, Paris' grids has a very nice design.

>Barcelona is not in europe

>have
Fix'd

>Grids that aren't perfectly square aren't grids
>Barcelona isn't Europe
I'm not sure which is worse

Yeah, admittedly diagnoal grids are aesthetic as fuark.

Attached: Miletos_stadsplan_400[1].jpg (1027x1317, 302K)

>south of the Pyrenees
>not Africa

American cities do a pretty good job of keeping races apart.
The "Monstrous Highway Interstate Superfreeway" is often one way to achieve this.
Also there are ussually several small churches in cities not a megachurch. The megachurch is usually out of the city.

Do you want beauty or do you want practicality?

You can't have both when it comes to infrastructure. Please learn that optimality is the best "beauty".

It looks like a circuit board or something. How do people not get lost with no actual landmarks?

soul

White people don't have those.

Mostly of Mexican cities wasn't planned, they grew and adapt alone.

>european cities sprout up naturally in the Middle Ages and there is no rhyme or reason other than (this is where they decided to build and people and horses walked so it’s a maze”
>most American cities were planned and built deliberately in the 1800s to be a convenient grid where transportation and locating things is quick and easy

>WTF why don’t Americans build maze cities like ours???

If they could city plan like they do today in the Middle Ages they would have been grids too you fucking smoothbrains

With names and numbers.
Only a child needs landmarks.

Everything America touches turns to shit.

It's scary as fuck how much the first pic fits to my own city (Frankfurt) even up till the single-syllable river.
You wouldd just have to switch the cathedral with the pigeon-owned central station and have three smaller drug dealer parks instead of one big one but that's it.

>You know what you'll never encounter walking in nature? Grids.
You know what you’ll never encounter waking in Europe? Nature.

t. country is in absolute political shambles and America is the only global superpower
Ahahahahaha I hope your precious buildings burn down next

>cities are natural structures
uh?

Attached: 1534627975602.jpg (500x378, 31K)

In fact, the grid system is something the Greeks invented and the Romans later adopted. It was somewhat rediscovered during the Renaissance (hence the Florentine grid) but European grids tend to be "messier" because the cities are old and grids break down. In a big fire an entire street may be burned down and quickly rebuilt without any regard for how the original grid was planned. A few small buildings may be broken down to make place for a single large building, with no regard for the original grid planning (if the street is in the way of the Church of St. Green Eggs & Ham, just redirect the street around it), the city may have to expand in whatever way possible et cetera. Thus the original grid may become completely unrecognizable after some centuries.

But yeah, you're right: if the ancient Greeks could plan grids they would've. Which is why they did exactly that. I posted a cityplan of Milète earlier this thread.

false, most american cities don't even like having trees along the street anymore

Cities are literally the opposite of nature you stupid fucking Golden Horde 2 digit IQ rapebaby

I have no idea why Europeans think city planning is a bad thing

Just because we do it poorly in some cities (Houston) doesn’t make it bad, grids are just objectively better since everything Europeans praise about them is subjective (it’s prettier!!!)

the people that think America is all grids have never seen anything but the coasts

None of the countries posted are wh*te.

>19th century
>he thinks that's old
*snort*

>Do you want beauty or do you want practicality?
European cities are pretty and suffer no obvious drawbacks for it. And if you look at the numbers of tourists visiting, America vs Europe clearly people prefer our ways, over yours.

Well, if you think about it, most animals create nests, hives and some species even prefer to live in colonies. Cities are very much an extension of that grouping behavior.
Americans are wrong in that they're trying to form people so they fit their preconceived notions how a city should be. Cities are for the people, and should serve them and their needs, not the other way around. And our natural instincts find grids very much repulsive.

I have hidden your asiatic hun barbarian thread

>what is a beehive grid
>nests and hives are comparable to cities

Attached: 1517661638271.png (200x200, 38K)

Hello mutt on vacation

>bro cities are just hives bro we should just live like bees and ants
Europeans really are insectoid aren’t they

may your circulatory system never turn anything but a right angle

Have you ever seen a termite, ant, or bee colony? They literally choose to live bunched up on purpose, it's effective. Also please don't lump Europe as a whole, i know Hungary is shit, but cope elsewhere

congested city area
Suburbs outside walking distance

>you know what you'll never encounter walking in nature? Grids.

Attached: Wismut_Kristall_und_1cm3_Wuerfel[1].jpg (5176x3519, 3.75M)

user those bismuth crystals are lab grown

sad my suburb doesn't have thirdworlders just standing around menacing people

Attached: snick.jpg (1536x1794, 377K)

>How do people not get lost with no actual landmarks?
Are you fucking retarded? It's impossible to get lost when the entire shit is a grid. That's why a child can navigate Manhattan