Bamiyan Buddhas

According to Mr Hussain's account, the men spent three days planting explosives around the statues. Then wires were laid all the way to a nearby mosque from where the charges were detonated amid shouts of "Allah Akbar".

Attached: _81577467_buddhas_pair.jpg (624x351, 70K)

"When the big explosion happened, the area in front of the Buddha was full of smoke and flames and the air smelled of burned gun powder," Mr Hussain recalls.

He says the Taliban commanders had expected that they would not just destroy the Buddhas but bring the whole cliff face down, but the explosion only blew off the legs of the bigger Buddha.

Attached: _81536180_000187325-1.jpg (304x405, 36K)

But despite the setback and an international chorus of condemnation, the Taliban carried on.

Mr Hussain recalls how additional bombs were brought in along with explosive material that he says looked like soap and felt like dough.

"From then on, they carried out two to three explosions every day to destroy the Buddha completely," he says.

"We drilled holes into the statue to plant the dynamite. We didn't have proper tools. The whole process took 25 days."

The men were fed small portions of rice and bread and Mr Hussain says he made do with the same clothes throughout and just a thin blanket during freezing nights.

When the statues were finally destroyed, the Taliban were celebrating.

"They were firing weapons into the air, they were dancing and they brought nine cows to slaughter as a sacrifice," he says.

Attached: _81580629_buddhablast.jpg (1024x576, 59K)

I heard the Taliban were going to allow repairs or something close to that, but changed their mind once they saw how much more care they put into objects than the people dying in Afghanistan.

Taliban offended Lord Buddha and look where they are now

Absolutely based, accept THAT you bald vegan motherfucker.

>they saw how much more care they put into objects than the people dying in Afghanistan.
*How much the international peacekeepers put much more care into the object (Buddha statue)

kek, I remember reading about that, apparently they weren't going to demolish it but some europeans asked to repair it and they were so offended they cared more about rock carvings than actual afghans so they destroyed it

damn... really makes me think.... i guess western imperialism was the real brutal totalitarian theocracy all along...........

Muslims are worthless.
Those statues are worth more than the 1400 millions of muslim vermin that exist in this world.

I think the Taliban said they destroyed it because Afghanistan was receiving international aid for the protection of the buddhas and there was famine but the money couldn’t be spent on it
Others have said that is a total bullshit afterthought though and that they destroyed just because they were iconography

>why do people care more about priceless artifacts of our history than smelly rats?

>Others have said that is a total bullshit afterthought though and that they destroyed just because they were iconography
I think that was the reason. They are very hardcore and care nothing for other religion

>why do people care more about their people dying horrifically than rock art?
why are asians so soulless

Why are people from Bamiyan so interesting looking?

Attached: AFGHN-12771_0.jpg (1800x1195, 291K)

I’m surprised it toon so long
You know Muslims had attempted to destroy them for like 1000 years before 2001, just never had the right weapons

They are DaiYuan
the Great Ionians and men of Alexander

they are winning the war tho. they control 60% of the country. way more territory than they had before 2001 and the US is negotiating to leave.

said by new worlder spic with no history or culture

No, they destroyed it because the taliban, and many muslims in general, are hardcore intolerant iconoclasts.

Nice

Why are muslims so anti history

Attached: Palmyra-Al-Lat-lion-after-photo-credit-DGAM-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 116K)

our time on earth is ephemeral, focus on your afterlife

to be perfectly honest such barbaric people should be bathed in radiation

>Taliban commanders had expected that they would not just destroy the Buddhas but bring the whole cliff face down
Desert people ingenuity.

>"Why are muslims so anti history" he said while bombing historic sites in syria

ISIS destroyed most of the stuff not the USA and its their own fault for hiding in it

Attached: Palmyra-Al-Lat-lion-before-photo-credit-DGAM-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 116K)

You would know