Did any of the rosette windows survive the fire? i asume most of the stained glass of the Cathedral was destroyed...

did any of the rosette windows survive the fire? i asume most of the stained glass of the Cathedral was destroyed, but does anyone know if any of the three rosettes were spared? i still cant beleive that this happened. i dont think there has been a greater loss of a church building since the Basillica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls burned in 1823. havent felt such sorrow for the loss of an inanimate object since the sandniggers blew up those ancient Syrian and Mesopotamian cities a few years ago.

Attached: IMG_1174.jpg (640x640, 256K)

yes

much of the stained glass of Notre Dame was installed during renovations in the 19th century. id argue that the carved masonry, such as pic related, is much more of an historical treasure, and it appears that the masonry of the building remains intact. id argue that the stained glass would be much easier to replace than the masonry. there are many more glass artisans than there are master masons around today.

thank God the walls didnt fall. at least not yet...

Attached: IMG_1177.jpg (1280x960, 413K)

With the exception of the South window, all the larger rosette stained glass ones were 1200-1300's, including OP's

Also, the OP's in the northern rosette from 1250, located above the pipe organ. Both were completely destroyed.

we will burn all wh*toid artifacts made by yaKkKub

the blue mosque is next, kurd.

the west rosette was a reconstruction as well. the only one that was largely unaltered through time was the north. its interesting to note that the spire was a 19th century rebuild as well. the cross at the top held a fragment of what was suposedly the True Cross, which would have almost certainly have been destroyed in the fire...

it seems that for the most part, aside from the masonry, much of the church was actually a product of 19th century restoration.

The true cross was moved during the Reno. Theyve already confirmed they saved that at least

It's a loss for all of us. Those windows were my favourite part

I say we take Kristian Vilkernes and burn him at a pyre on principle. That'll wipe the smirk off his face.

theyve been rebuilt in the past, and they will be rebuilt again in the future. Notre Dame was badly bruised, but not totally beaten. It will rise again greater than before.

Even if they remake the rosettes, theyll be replicas at best at this point. The oldest of the 3 originals was utterly destroyed and could never be salvaged

How many kings do they have up there? Is there a specific time period for them, or did they just put all of them on there and keep adding? Or are they just representative and not actually modeled off the real kings of france?

Attached: sad_frog.jpg (600x384, 19K)

Most old historical buildings have been heavily damaged and then rebuilt at least once during their history, sometimes multiple times. I don't want to say it's not a big deal, but it's not such a disaster as it may seem.
Pic related for example is our Charles' Bridge in 1890, after massive floods. It was completely restored in just a few years.

Attached: 1620944-img_radio.jpg (1180x969, 171K)

just recently became a ouiaboo and this shit happens

Attached: 1550105808404.png (625x350, 262K)

I like your optimism. Cathedrals have always been multi-generational projects.

Only the south rose window is rebuilt in the 1800s, the north and the western rose windows are from 1200s. And as it happens OP posted the northern rose window, not the southern one.

Attached: 1526956654694.jpg (720x900, 101K)

Attached: 1524688188409.jpg (720x900, 78K)

kino

Attached: 1533747995175.jpg (1024x682, 109K)

I honestly thought it would be worse. Makes sense considering the cathedral of Reims survived a heavy artillery bombardment AND a fire in WW1.

Attached: 1553436237688.jpg (1024x697, 151K)

what's the name of the building in the back. fuckers huge kek

Those are the 28 Kings of Judae, not the Kings of France. They look medieval because back then people didn't know what the past look like.
Pic related

Attached: AlexanderTheGreat_Bust_Transparent.png (648x921, 935K)

I really wish they were all destroyed but I think that’s asking too much

Wrong picture

Attached: Alexander_unhorsing_Porrus_-_British_Library_Royal_MS_20_B_xx_f53r_(detail).jpg (729x441, 630K)

for what reason

I want Europeans to feel agony at all times

why

Yes why?

They appear to be okay, what a relief.

Attached: nvvsojcrhks21.jpg (720x960, 72K)

resentment

butifuru tympanum, looks like the head of a squid

Attached: 1555165270244.jpg (431x431, 130K)

>our Charles' Bridge
>our
In the 19th century, the only Slavs living in the old town of Prague were servants of the Germans and Jews there. Germans only lost the majority when the Slavic suburbs were made part of Prague mid-century.