Why yes I do support universal healthcare and believe it is a basic human right

>Why yes I do support universal healthcare and believe it is a basic human right
>Why should anyone pay for insurance and risk going bankrupt when they see a doctor?

Attached: soyjak.jpg (647x740, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mercatus.org/system/files/blahous-costs-medicare-mercatus-working-paper-v1_1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>NOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST START KILLING CORRUPT POLITICIANS BOUGHT BY THE HEALTH INSURANCE AND DRUG COMPANIES!! IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE TERMINALLY ILL AND WILL DIE IN A FEW WEEKS ANYWAY! THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!!!! JUST DIE WITH DIGNITY!

Attached: soy wtf.jpg (199x253, 9K)

Why does the US government spend so much money on healthcare, while at the same time it not being universal?

Attached: 0006_health-care-oecd-full.gif (720x540, 38K)

one word: mexcrementscletusesandniggers

Attached: 1533618075133.jpg (400x400, 16K)

OK serious question but I think people should be able to get healthcare. Why can't they? Shouldn't we take care of sick even if they are poor. Insurance is often a scam

I'm not libtard either.

Massive private sector bureaucracy.

I don't know how anyone thought privatizing healthcare would end well. Although it's nice seeing each and every one of the right's ideas fall apart after a few decades, it's like they're literally wrong about everything and have nothing to offer.

>only poor whites and minorities need healthcare
Hmmm

Attached: question453.png (356x311, 84K)

>thought privatizing healthcare would end well.

Absolutely nobody in America is proposing nationalizing health care, not even Bernie Sanders.

no but they strain the system most

based retard poster

But poor whites and minorities are the ones who need it the most, because the rich people are doing fine and can even spend money on nose/boob jobs and hair transplants???

im not saying they do or dont, im just saying why the spending is so high

Kind of irrelevant, but I'll bite.

There's a lot of money and powerful interests intent on defending the current fleecing scheme and defeating progressives trying to implement even a single-payer system. It'd be extremely difficult to carry-out an immediate nationalized healthcare system at this time (let alone even propose it).

If you're implying that because there's not an overt movement towards nationalized healthcare right now that means either no one wants it or that it can't work "in the real world", that's an unwarranted assumption.
An excellent rebuttal.

Hahahahhahaha

Simply because of the how system is set up. For pharmaceuticals for example, most countries will have one body who decides what price the drug will be in that particular country.
In the USA they don't have this, instead it's the many private companies who bargain with the pharmaceuticals. As you can guess, if 1 person is buy something from 3 sellers he'll get a better deal than 100 people trying to buy from 3 sellers.
America's healthcare system has problems that are deep-rooted in the system itself because they don't believe in government deciding these things. Well now it's biting them in the ass.

>I don't know how anyone thought privatizing healthcare would end well.

You're acting like one day it was all nationalized and then le ebil businessman took hold of that industry. This is how it has always been except a ton more government meddling, get over yourself. If you want cheaper healthcare end Medicaid and Medicare.

>There's a lot of money and powerful interests intent on defending the current fleecing scheme
Proofs
>and defeating progressives trying to implement even a single-payer system
Prove it
>It'd be extremely difficult to carry-out an immediate nationalized healthcare system at this time (let alone even propose it).
Validate your claim
>An excellent rebuttal.
"the right is dumb and their ideas are stupid" isn't an argument

Works in Switzerland, for instance.

>Although it's nice seeing each and every one of the right's ideas fall apart after a few decades

Attached: capitalism chart.jpg (2047x3482, 1.04M)

>switzerland
>confederate system
>white populace
>great country
>america
>federal system
>mutt population
>terrible country
hmmm

>implying healthcare can never not be shit no matter if it is privatized or nationalized

Attached: soye.jpg (612x498, 63K)

Iwish the picture of that american who brags about having to work 3 jobs, being a war vet with no pension ect. Ihave no idea why americans enjoy being fucked over.

I think a hybrid system would be neat. Offer basic healthcare to everyone for free, and more advanced services for those who can afford it.

>this is the guy who says socialized healthcare is gommunism

Attached: 1530750965991.png (623x469, 372K)

>a veteran who doesn't receive paid tuition, VA care and a pension

I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

>my life is terrible you should be impressed
What is this called?

patriotism

this retarded argument gets brought up every time
stop fucking punching down, the spending is high because the healthcare industry knows they can get away with murder without consequence

kek that's it. Imean Iadmire that "no whining" mentality, many people here could learn from it, but there's being tough and then there's getting conned.

Switzerland has a very regulated healthcare system.

It's not really a free market

Neither is the US's health care system.

based disingenuous retards
libtards owned le epic style
upvote!

Yes, but in the USA the system puts the companies interests at the top, and the citizens at the bottom.

>You're acting like one day it was all nationalized and then le ebil businessman took hold of that industry.
I never said that in the post.
>This is how it has always been except a ton more government meddling
I wouldn't say that, there's plenty of government meddling in healthcare today that private health and pharma companies want happening. They mostly want government subsides though, they would hate for an actual "free market" health system without money coming from the taxpayer. The American health system is a pretty intricate webbing of the private and public sectors. Patients have to pay money to companies and hospitals to get better, while at the same time paying taxes to subsidize those companies so they can continue.
>If you want cheaper healthcare end Medicaid and Medicare.
If you want cheaper healthcare we should do what the Koch brothers recommended in 2017, transition to a single-payer "medicare for all" plan.
>even after the benefits of a Medicare for All program are realized—”additional healthcare demand that arises from eliminating copayments, providing additional categories of benefits, and covering the currently uninsured”—the potential cost of the plan would still be less than “potential savings associated with cutting provider payments and achieving lower drug costs.”
>Under a single-payer system, Americans would get more quality care for more people at less cost.
>mercatus.org/system/files/blahous-costs-medicare-mercatus-working-paper-v1_1.pdf

>Author is Charles Blahous

Whoa, the Koch brothers have been writing under a pseudonym huh?

Why do Americans defend their healthcare system so hard when it's clearly fucking them over?

Well I mean it's more of a truism, it's like asking someone to provide you proof that someone will defend themselves from attack.

Will a private company and the people who make a lot of money from said company stand by idly as a threat emerges that may reduces their profits? I don't know, you tell me.

Honestly I don't think you're trying to even argue, I think you're just trying to stall for time.

>If you want cheaper healthcare we should do what the Koch brothers recommended in 2017

Attached: ''.jpg (103x125, 2K)

If you read any of it, you'd know who funded and approved of the studies.

If you even looked on wikipedia, you could even see which of the Koch brothers sits on the board of directors of the Mercatus center at George Mason.

You fucking idiot.

>I never said that in the post.
To quote (you),
That's implying that once upon a time healthcare was not privatized, as in people thought privatizing it would be a good thing and it was nationalized, sorry pal, it was not, take your historical revisionism to Europe where it belongs.

Are you seriously believing in what a multi billionaire dynasty says about private healthcare?

The Koch brothers are involved with many "think tanks". I doubt they personally read and or agree with every single piece of literature written at Mercatus and the Cato Institute. Claiming that the Koch brothers recommended the policy is disingenuous.

Attached: 1541091028997.jpg (960x928, 75K)

martyr syndrome

When it hurts what they believe in and what they've been preaching and what they've stood for all their lives, I think it gives it a certain amount of weight.
Not even a good attempt at appearing level headed. The study was across major news organizations throughout that year, from ABC to Fox to the Nation. I've seen cockroaches crawl away with more dignity than you.
To quote (you)
>You're acting like one day it was all nationalized and then le ebil businessman took hold of that industry.
Which I never said nor acted like. The "healthcare industry" started in the mid-19th century as an association of private doctors which eventually formed the AMA. The duties of public government and private associations would shift over time, but by about the 1930s we see the beginning of some private healthcare insurance taking place. This privatization was forming despite widespread support in the public and in the Roosevelt administration for these functions to be covered by the public sector (if covered at all, they were more concerned about the depression than healthcare at the time). America never started with a nationalized healthcare industry, but many members of the private sector saw that there was a major upcoming push for healthcare in developed countries and worked to ensure that any system would be sufficiently privatized once it developed.

That's what sucks about arguing with the right (or with libertarians, or with whatever bullshit you identify with). You have to at least know some of this stuff, you can't just say whatever the you want and expect it to be given equal weight.

Bootlicking