Why are american cities like this?

Why are american cities like this?

Attached: HoustonSmall1.jpg (1920x1280, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdG-8QqIPO8
youtube.com/watch?v=f9H5-mCoEm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why isn't everything exactly like I am used to

Attached: davido.jpg (240x240, 9K)

Planning, and the power of the early car industry

Square grids are the most efficient

I thought you hated suburbs for being too far away from the city

Why aren't euro cities like this

Attached: riverwalk-eric-allix-rogers-01-2.jpg (2000x1325, 819K)

It's efficient and it wasn't made 300+ years ago when there were no cars or as much carriages around

I meant it's nothing but a large parking lot

it's depressing but efficient, that's all that really matters to planners

Chink cities are more efficient

This.

I hate Yuros so fucking much

And they also have grids don't they?

The grids weren't the point

it used to be worse actually

Attached: Enfer de parkings 2.png (1441x908, 2.63M)

looks dead, americans are sitting in their homes with AC

Attached: crop-619352-naplavka-2.jpg (800x385, 350K)

That's disgusting

our smaller cities (40,000) are where it's at

Americans fear walking and cycling so they design their cities around being able to go anywhere without using your body

>blob of glass squares in the middle
>circled and cut off by the rest of town by giant highways
>big parking lots to dilate walking distances just for good measure
>small surrounding area of middle rise buildings
>followed by endless square-grid suburbia
>strip malls which are entirely comprised of big box-shaped stores and fast foods with huge parking lots in between

literally the most plebeian and anti-human city design imaginable

It's more hate than fear

Because the free market likes it that way.

>US City design
>Anything but governmental policies

Kek

Crumbling economy

Soul

Attached: guizS.jpg (1024x574, 294K)

the downtown metro is free in Pittsburg. Not because of the government either. It’s because the local sports teams decided to sponsor the downtown routes.

We don't live under bridges

What else should they be like?

>be european
>walk around town
>get to the supermarket in 5 minutes
>be american
>must drive everywhere because otherwise you wouldnt have that 5 meter backyard garden you're so proud of
>theres no stores in the residential areas for some reason
>try to walk
>get stopped because walking has become so rare that its suspicious

Attached: 1446228048860.gif (512x481, 646K)

Not sure what you mean, my house is literally less than 1/2 a mile away and I can get there in like 8 minutes if I walk at a leisurely pace. There are tons of people that walk as well.

Most Americans living in suburbs cannot say the same thing. Stop acting like it's not the norm

Wait this isn't the norm?

Not a problem in New England :^)

they could be not giant parking lots perhaps?

American egos are like a balloon

based, took a walk today, went to the store, hung out at the park for a while

Attached: 3732615241_75fe47d9f0_o.0.0.jpg (2048x1360, 529K)

Would already be massively improved with some parks here and there and trees on the sidewalks and in the middle of the road.

All of our cities are getting rid of their trees. It's depressing, my city used to look like some beautiful Sicilian town or some shit now it's parking lot

>It’s because the local sports teams decided to sponsor the downtown routes.
very american post

Why though? Even economically it doesn't make sense to do it since it devalues housing and property prices in general. Couldn't your neighbourhood do something against it themselves? Like buying up the land and build a park themselves.

Yuros in cramped apartments think they're cute

Do Americans really defend having grid cities with poor urban planning and highways cutting the city in half?

Attached: 1555364464979.jpg (700x1169, 897K)

Looks comfy.

Why are Yurofucks so threatened by houses? Anything that isn't a 300 year old apartment is scary to them

That's because in Europe they make cities meant for people not cars. I would rather have high density apartments than suburban sprawl.

Having sufficient parking is alright.
Here people will build stuff like government offices or auditoriums and just have like 5 or 10 spots which are most likely always occupied by the employees.

Attached: mcdonalds.jpg (870x884, 210K)

t. commie block haven

We have suburbs too but just not massive like this and they are mixed with shops, schools, pubs etc

youtube.com/watch?v=OdG-8QqIPO8

trees need maintenance: watering, pruning, raking the leaves in autumn... this cost monies
the answer is easy: no tree, no maintenance, no spent monies

I'm saying there's an incentive for people to do something about it both from a monetary standpoint and a point coming from aesthetics. It increase the value of your property and that gain is more than you spend on both the maintenance and the initial planting of them. It's well worth it.

why do Chinese cities look like this?

Attached: Qingdao.jpg (960x640, 196K)

what if you don't plan on selling your property? what if you don't plan on raising the value of the neighbourhood that could possibly lead to a raise in local taxes?

>all new houses made to look like an european village with the orange roof tiles an all
why are chinks so cringe?

Americans are cucked by corporations. There's unironically a whole ass monopoly in my area that is building all suburbs that look like

Or when they actually the DO build parking lots in such areas, the price is criminally jacked up so only the same 5 or 6 people you mentioned park there. Then you have to look for a spot in alleys upon alleys of parked cars while praying that your car won't get broken into or its parts stolen wherever you leave it, which is like 5 blocks away, minimum, of where you are going to.

>european cities are any better

Attached: palmanova.jpg (1200x675, 279K)

do you want to live in a cardboard house in the suburbs and depend on your car to do everything or in a apartment in the city where you can walk anywhere?

why do they need to emulate eur*peeing villages when theirs look like this?

Attached: main-qimg-4a39519022956c08e6ded6ac6ee479c7.jpg (1937x1227, 1.11M)

I would kill myself if I had to live like this.
European cities look like fucking hell to live in

that's right, why?

Suburbs every single time. I can have my own place, lots of space, privacy and if I want to go somewhere I can.
You act like it's some big inconvenience to drive to a store 5 minutes away

>those mountains
literally CGI
this is what a chinese highway actually looks like

Attached: 2d4af808a86ecefa7022f48ad6f9d301.jpg (940x628, 336K)

it is
humans are not meant to spend 90% of the daytime inside a car imo
i would preffer a small apartment in a nice location than a big house in the middle of nowhere where i become a slave of my car

Who the fuck spends 90% of their time in a car? No one lives in their car, fucking retard.
The nearest grocery store, gas station, restaurant, park, etc. is about 3 minutes away. If I want to go to a walmart which has everything I would need to buy then it's about 8 minutes away

American here, I fucking hate it. Virtually every city in western Europe and even a lot of east are nicer than ours with better infrastructure

>school
>groceries
>ambulance
>park
>job
Is there a law that no american can live closer than 10km to these? What the fuck do small children in places like these?

How is this possible? Is urban planning unknown concept for burgers? Do americans really do this?

Attached: tour-300x300.jpg (300x300, 34K)

I never understood why they allowed this. Kick them out by force or take them out into the wilderness to die.

There is a school within walking distance to me. Groceries are a 5 minute drive. My backyard literally walks out and becomes a park

The answer is they didn't. Some wh*toids came to that place and polluted it with shit tier eur*peeing buildings.
youtube.com/watch?v=f9H5-mCoEm0
seethe more. The entirety of Europe had nothing even close to that.

BTW, thanks for the pic. You see without democr*cy that shit would have never happened. The fucker refused to sell his house but the CCP actually allowed him to "own" the house.
There is much to be done in China to avoid shit like that to ever happen again!

Attached: mountainvillage.jpg (960x1041, 115K)

Ching chong xing du mao pooh

Those cities in the West were glorified cowboy towns up until the 1950s and their subsequent growth coincided with the automobile boom... Not that I defend it, mind you. It’s tragic seeing photographs of Los Angeles in the 1930s and 1940s when it looked like a small Midwestern city with a Southwest tinge. San Francisco is the only city west of the Mississippi River that seems to have escaped this because it’s full of artists/beatniks/hippies who like historical preservation and public transit.

This

ich beibt sertck penixsd

Helsinki makes the nicest cities in America look like a flaming trash dump.

I should also add that San Francisco was previously the “big” Western city (Pacific Ocean port) and well-established by the Second World War.

Who cares? Why the fuck would I give a shit about Finland?

is there ANYTHING to do in that town?

Literally anything you could want to do you can find there.

Because they're vastly superior and you should see them as a role model

i live in a suburb and there are plenty in my city where you can walk to a grocery store or restaurants theaters etc in 5-10 minutes, most people still drive though
im in the midbest so dont expect shitty states to understand

My gf cannot abort her 8 month fetus there.

Good joke. Almost made me crack a smile.
I sincerely hope I live to see Finland nuked in my lifetime.

And that's a good thing, fucking braindead piece of shit

? Dude many people in big American cities don’t even own cars. Shits not that far away

soulless

where are those giant suburb hellzones even found? is it a west coast thing? i know ive seen one posted here often that was in a desert so maybe arizona or nevada

This. And it's what Yurocucks don't understand.
Most Americans that live and work in cities don't have cars. Especially in the major cities like NYC, DC, Chicago and Boston.
LA is fucked though, so you need to drive

>looks at giant town
>there must be nothing to do there
What did he mean by this

The first time I visited a Western city (Denver) it felt like a massive, sprawling strip mall compared to home (Chicago).

What makes LA different in this regard? Dangerous neighborhoods?

Usually it's the really spread out states or states with low populations like Texas and Arizona.
Texas as a couple huge cities and the rest is empty bullshit. Arizona is literally a fucking desert but Pheonix exists right in the middle of it.

It's just super spread out. When you think of urban sprawl you image LA. It just goes on forever.
Other major cities you can not have a car and be fine. I'm planning on going to graduate school in DC and I'll be selling my car when I do. I won't ever need it

LA is a concrete jungle, some parts liek santa monica you can walk though

Just replying to the inbred hick who thought Finnish people lived in Dystopian commie blocks. No that is more like every american city.

Why are you sucking Finland's cock so much? If you love it so much then fuck off and go live there.
Good fucking riddance

I don’t understand why euros focus on this like it’s an unique American trait. Planned, largely rectangular cities are what every culture does when they build a city from the ground.

The Romans put tremendous effort in making their colonies’ cities well designed which made them largely square. The only reason why euro cities are so squiggly and fucked is because nobody bothered with quality city planning in the Middle Ages.

In terms of climate and topography he already has.

yeah okay, new york is really dense so it makes sense that people dont own cars there
but any minor city or big town where 90% of the space is wasted on designated residential streets look retarded to me, its just not what im used to

Yuros feel inferior so they cling to their million year old cities and use it to try and attack Americans.
It's kind of funny, but most pathetic