In America, we take care of our old people

In America, we take care of our old people.

twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/1137872001060630528

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 3.50.54 PM.png (758x914, 657K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t-lMIGV-dUI
youtu.be/ncbb5B85sd0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Competitiveness_Report
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What am I supposed to feel about this?

Good for them I guess

>paying pension for this
cucked

Boomers earned it. Zoomers and millennials have not.

literally nothing wrong with that

Nice.

More victims for the Green Line.

They should teach them to use the internet so they could learn whatever useless shit they're learning without wasting space at that uni.
dumb old cunts

why can't they teach students for $10 a credit

fuck old people

Sounds good.
My parents spend most of their evenings doing similar community stuff.
They are often out longer than before they retired but now it's for stuff they really enjoy.

>Boomers earning anything

they had every advantage and zoomlennials had every disadvantage

Boomers grew up in the most prosperous time in human history where they could support a family + large house with a burger flipping job. They didn't earn anything, they were just born at the right time. Zoomers and millennials have it he hardest now because no one can't afford rent without having a useful degree.

why do zoomers or millenials do not respect the elder anymore?

>Able to get a job out of high school at a grocery store bagging groceries
>Payed enough to get married, have kids, and buy a home for 70 thousand
>Got a job at some nice company because they went in, shook their hand and looked them in the eyes
>Able to buy a 120 thousand dollar home (now worth 950 thousand)
>Never forget to give Israel their due
>Vote against any type of healthcare every time
>Now able to go to college for 10 bucks
>These damn millennials don't know the meaning of hard work

Attached: baby-boomers.jpg (968x681, 67K)

why do they still not know the internet exists

pathetic

Attached: 1560203261635.png (206x249, 102K)

>where they could support a family + large house with a burger flipping job.
There's never been any era in history where that was possible.

>boomers going back to school
I mean, finally, but a bit too late.

because the wise old elder model is gone, now we have retarded manchildren who yell at everyone

>wise old elder model
still common here

this is why
t i n y u r l(DOT)c o m(SLASH)boomerpdf
tl:dr, they only catered to themselves in political positions, they voted those of their generation into power, and gave themselves large portions of the resources meant for future generations in a sinful act of greed

p.s. fuck spam detection fuck jannies and fuck mods

Are boomers the jews of the white race?

Just get a library card and read whatever you're so "curious" about but hadn't had the time in the last 70 years.

Will things improve after boomers are all dead? Or is it FUBAR?

they want to be able to tell their boomer church friends that they're a college student now

This.

youtu.be/t-lMIGV-dUI

Attached: cutie.jpg (600x600, 33K)

They're living longer than ever, action needs to be taken now

>internet is the single most important invention since the nuke
>people in charge of our country don't understand it and purposefully try and hinder it
How nice would it be if the roof of congress collapsed

No. They will sell their homes and other property to multinational corporations instead of handing it down.

>fight tooth and nail to prevent access to inexpensive education by young people while also receiving billions in education aid from states.

Honestly I think boomers might be just straight up evil.

they aren't evil. they vote with their interests, and most importantly, they actually fucking vote

My grandfather is a honest to god boomer, the type who managed to support an entire family with only 1 job and still ended up with big pension money and such.
They're not evil, they just don't care about anything but themselves. He has all the money in the world but became politically active when news came out they were going to change something about the way pensions are taxes so instead of 12 times a year he'd be taxes all at once which made him lose out on possible interest on his savings.
He was furious for fucking weeks over just that.

Those people just don't make any sense.

day of the pillow soon

and by excluding them from education and participation in the economy, they never will. Good job, the 1% subjugated the masses.

Every zoomer is going to be growing up knowing that their grandparents sacrificed their shot at even just a mediocre life so that they could party like it was 1975.

>How nice would it be if the roof of congress collapsed
laddie
youtu.be/ncbb5B85sd0

Millenials grew up being told they had to earn the privileges their parents had - their parents grew up in a world where even just basic education basically meant you were set for life and could do whatever you wanted.

Boomers are entitled, spoiled and greedy and don't understand what "no" means.

>WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH I HAVE TO WORK TO LIVE AND EARN MONEY WAAAAAAAAAAAHH
God, I hate you faggots. I say this as a Zoomer that graduates highschool next week.

>entitled, spoiled and greedy
do you ever read your own posts and contemplate if you might just be retarded?

>admitting to being a high schooler who lives with parents while also telling people to stop whining about economic reality

explains why you think you have everything figured out kek

Oh so you're a little kid who doesn't pay rent, has never tried to get a real job, has never tried to buy a home then?

He is smarter than you by virtue of not sitting and complaining at the elderly as you've made a scapegoat out of

>live in the safest time
>most prosperous
>sit and call others "spoiled "entitled" "greedy"
you're a joke

You're in for a rude awakening.

>College students get charged hundreds of thousands of dollars
>Boomers get charged ten bucks
Hilarious

most prosperous according to who?

ITT first*ids raging at the fact that life isn't as easy as you thought it'd be

Minimum wage was $50/week while the average annual mortgage payments were only $800 in a large city.

I dunno about "prosperous", but
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Competitiveness_Report

>The report "assesses the ability of countries to provide high levels of prosperity to their citizens".
1 USA
2 Singapore
3 Switzerland
4 Germany
This means if you work hard you have a good chance to prosper

I don't mind if it's equally difficult for everyone

That doesn't indicate opportunity it measures wealth. America has less class mobility than fucking China.

Why would today be safer times than the 50s to 80s?

this is just another one of the "rich people are doing good why are you complaining" charts

>the ability
we all know America is a rich country. obviously it's "able" to provide prosperity, but it doesn't do a very good job

in the US crime was really high from the 70s to mid 90s, it's been down since

>It's another old person almost rear ends me
Take away their licenses now

the absolute cope, stop trying to paint yourselves out to be some victims.

You live in one of the greatest nations in the world and you act like your parents have done you a disservice, wankers.

criminality has decreased just about everywhere in the first world

>That doesn't indicate opportunity it measures wealth
no, obviously it doesn't
>this is just another one of the "rich people are doing good why are you complaining" charts
no, it means get off your ass
>>the ability
yeah, if you try hard you can make money

stop complaining and just try

>let me tell you about how things are in your country

You have more wealth though
Americans outearn everyone else in the world, while having to pay less for things

you 3 can leave
you can marry my sister and live here

1. It's harder to get away with crime today thanks to modern technology
2. Mental health care is vastly better than it was decades ago
3. People have more stuff to do today like Internet and whatnot so they're less motivated to break into a house or something out of boredom

>ITT: Totally nonsensical use of educational facilities that is complete waste of human resources and has no benefit to society whatsoever, do americans really do this?
more like

because of our rich people, the average american isn't living in mansions driving ferraris like thirdies think

And where did this modern technology come from? And who improved the mental health care?

Attached: 1558938429144.png (307x358, 26K)

Average wealth doesn't account for the distribution of said wealth.

mfw whenever I see old women that can barely stand up on their own driving huge af SUV

Attached: 1414609753212.jpg (709x765, 72K)

There's so much wealth in America that everyone has a livable part of it
Even the most uneducated american can go to a 9 to 5 job and earn 15$/h and laugh all the way to the bank

When the adjust that for purchasing power parity I think you will find that isn't a lot.

American prices for things like food are cheap as hell, and so are basic utilities

They should get a mandatory course on global warming along with the rape awareness sessions

Basic utilities aren't cheap.

We should be publicly executing boomers and distributing their wealth instead

This is all wrong, minimum wage is between $5.15 and $12.00 and realistically you won't be making much more with no education

and having to pay for bills, gas, etc makes it very difficult to get by. Things aren't cheap.

>I have no life experience yet but let me tell you how you should feel about past generations
You’ll realize how fucked you are once you try entering the job market, you dumb fucking little shit

That's nonsense

Before the 70s and 80s and neo-liberalism maximum employment was literally the governments main policy. They leveraged spending to make it happen. We're way more free market than before.
And guess what, when you have to compete with foriegn workers on different purchasing powers you lose jobs and wages and all that extra money goes to whoever owns the company.

What are you, a fucking commie? Learn to work well and hard and you'll keep your job

I love how every other post is defending the literal orchestrators of their misery. Sure you can make a liveable wage nowadays but only if you bust your ass to hell and back and are subject to more and more abusive practices, essentially having to do in a month what a boomer did in his entire life.
I also delight in watching them exist in this weird contradiction where they slave their ass off and pride themselves on it (because not everyone else can do the same) yet they nonchalantly will tell you to do the same and that everyone could and should do it as if it was nothing special (then why pride yourself on it?).
Never change young boomers.

If they want to be a student, they should pay the same as the other students. Being old doesn't make you special.

In a country with an aging population this is our reality and there is nothing we can do about it.

Cringe

Why can't college be cheap for everyone?

it should be but it won't be, so make em pay

Because boomers don't want to pay an extra .05% tax that would provide free education for everyone.

Because that would undermine the ability of the oligarchs to keep down the commoner

Because it would contribute to education inflation. All it does is raise the minimum amount of effort required to be a part of the workforce without making most people that much better. I mean, there are still plenty of dumbasses who go to college and stay dumbasses. Really we need to adjust our expectations for people, not every job should require a college degree and employers should be more willing to train people in how to do their jobs, but that will never happen because employees are hardly ever stay on long enough for the training to be worth it and because the employers treat the employees like cannon fodder the employees have no sense of loyalty, which causes the employers to continue mistreating people perpetuating the whole shitty cycle.

basically. they were raised in prosperous times and expect nothing but prosperity for themselves, even at the cost of others. We actually have a pyramid scheme cleverly called "social security" where the younger people actually give their money to old coots who are "entitled" to it

ITT commies who want free stuff
Nothing is free

>boomers taking up university positions that should be reserved for young people
>at basically no cost
Disgusting. If I were a tax payer living in Minnesota, I'd be pissed.

that's not what it's about

but are they really "boomers" in the netherlands? they are only called that in the states because they were born during a baby boom which caused them to be the majority at all times.

europe had a baby boom too

This is not a boomer.

Your government could introduce a proper tax on stock transactions and that alone would be enough to fund universal education. The only people it would have an impact on -not even a noticeable one- would be the multinational investment firms who throw billions of dollars back and forth over the market with millions of essentially automated trade transactions done by computer programs.
There is so much untaxed profit on Wall Street, it's mindblowing.

Is it just kind of low key understood that once younger people reach a critical mass of people in power we're just going to slaughter the boomers en masse?

they'll be dead by then, death is the only thing that can free us from their wrath