Ask the bored Italian anything about food, and share yours (home made pics preferred)

Ask the bored Italian anything about food, and share yours (home made pics preferred)

Attached: Event_Gallery_20160414154121_7178cbf9c91cb15dd573b38095a4f213.jpg (800x800, 127K)

Do italians love garlic? Like a lot?

recipe for pic related

Okay

Attached: IMG_20190417_170806__01.jpg (1728x2219, 326K)

Do Italians have any lovely meat based goulash/stew recipes?

Which is better, Italian wheat or Italian rice?

God this makes me hungry

Why so many different shapes of pasta and are all of them actually considered important and/or unique in meaningful ways?

Do you get triggered by how americanized Italian food has become?
Pic related are Mexican style elotes.

Attached: B5C111E6-3B29-4265-A9ED-DC089F01F1A9.jpg (3024x3030, 3.56M)

With sausag

Attached: IMG_20190418_154447__01.jpg (3444x4127, 2.84M)

And this is some fancy shit. Pelmenis with adjika and smetana.

Attached: IMG_20190111_203535__01.jpg (1728x2246, 357K)

>Eat without rice
Very frustrated.

The elotes are like an appetizer. Why would I eat it with rice?

In general yes. Not as much as Greeks probably, and it's used more by southerners. North prefers onion, while still using both both

I like this sort of thing. Also, what is mammi?

>vietnam
>concerned about rice
checks out

deer soup

Attached: IMG_20190608_161545__01.jpg (1728x2170, 574K)

Not you, me. I just seeing around they country how they eat user.

Mämmi is rye pudding. Not a big fan of it.

is Napolitan fine to you?

>deer soup
You cook? Recipe and ingredients?

I had chicken penne for dinner.

Herring, potatoes and coleslaw. Really really good.

Attached: IMG_20180627_150724__01.jpg (3456x3671, 2.99M)

Does this Jow Forums allow post webm?

Wypipo """""food""""""

Herring is based, white, and underrated in Burgerland, but that slaw looks garbage tier.

Lots. North and center mostly, spezzatino and meat soups I would say from piemonte (my region, lots of stews) and Tuscany (killing boar dishes). North east has very much goulash stuff as they're close to Slavs (Trieste). We also have tripe stews, and one of my fave dishes in pic related is stewed tail in Rome dish (coda alla vaccinara). Half eaten cause pic is mine

Attached: IMG_20190528_205315314.jpg (3120x4160, 3.68M)

I don't have recipe. I just made it. Carrots potatoes and some other stuff I found from the fridge. The white stuff is cottage cheese. I like to put in suops.

Pici senesi (type of pasta from Siena, tuscany) with boar ragù. It's a handmade type of fresh pasta

These threads usually go better when you answer more than one question per post.

>Carrots potatoes sheep meat
Uhmmmmm. Maybe i should cook one.
>white stuff is cottage cheese
About Mozzarella Anchor?

>tomatoes
>italian
lmao

In terms of prime matter quality you mean? I think wheat because of it is produced in a larger part of the territory, rice is produced in some areas only and the lands are mostly damaged by the intensive use, unfortunately. Still a good quality rice, but kind of killed for this. I do am a risotto person so would always defend it

Ah yes the question.
So what can I do to make better penne?
I usually use chicken breast, onion, garlic, bell pepper, sometimes mushrooms, saute all that and let simmer in cooking cream.

Because we genuinely think each has a different taste and texture, different bite in your mouth when it's al dente, and different grips for different sauces. Also because every city produced they're cuts and shapes not caring about others, simply. And if you have fish in your region, you'll produce a shape adapt for that purpose instead of some other who have meat and will put some ragu in their pasta

Of course we all do, maybe the only thing all italians agree about

This is interesting

Why meat and pasta are separated?

What you mean for fine? I currently live in Naples, I think food is great here. Though, as coming from a region of really undervalued food tradition, I think Neapolitan dishes are quite simple and repetitive. Really good, but boring on a long run

You're only here to trigger

Not using chicken nor cream.. a common thing of foreigners cooking Italian is putting lots of ingredients, while it food is really simple. I would pick some butter, mushrooms, white wine and parmesan; or belly peppers with tomatoes and basil, in olive oil and onion soffritto.

In OP pic? It's just chunks of ragù, but looks mixed to me

Stop stealing our food, pekka

I meant more in general. US puts chicken and meatballs on pasta and that is a no no apparently.

no, I meant spaghetti Napolitan.

Would you eat, Enrico?

Attached: IMG_20190124_083117-1843x1382.jpg (1843x1382, 572K)

Attached: IMG_20190116_115231-1152x864.jpg (1152x864, 287K)

Attached: IMG_20190410_104548-1843x1382.jpg (1843x1382, 475K)

Ahh, yeah. Chicken is a total no in pasta, just doesn't taste well with it. Meatballs are ok but it's mostly a false stereotype, we usually have meatballs as an entree or second dish, not with pasta. Basically because it's not that practical as a sauce/mince/ragù/stewed, but i wouldnt think it's wrong if they serve me, and if you have only few meatballs left it's ok to kill them in a pasta

Bro we eat literally the same food. I love fish and so do swedies.

You are very dedicated to your sandwiches

Attached: 1554127500791.jpg (392x331, 25K)

i ate gnoccis

they overcooked

;_;

Sandwiches fills the gap

Attached: not_dead_yet_pepe.png (500x400, 21K)

I suppose it's a brand then? But never heard it, it's either not Italian or Italian only commercialized abroad
Kind of yes to all three, they look like snacks/antipasti (second one some salty breakfast). I'm fem tho

Oh OK! One more sorry! Why no cheese on fish? Like no parmesan on a tuna pasta?

chorizo a la pommarola

Attached: 001.jpg (4128x3096, 3.81M)

Glad to hear that, Enrico. Here's a pizza I ate last year.

Attached: IMG_20181119_115437-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 273K)

Gnocchi. And it's actually to be read as Spanish would read ñyocky, not g-noki. It's a very easy type of pasta to be handmade home, try it anons. And yeah there's potato in them so they take like one minute to be done

ñoqui

Cause simply taste bad together. Though there are some exceptions, like anchovies and mozzarella
Kek
This no, I wouldn't eat. And I'm fem

okay, it's made from Japan and it's cooked with ketchup. I've seen Italians strongly feel unpleasant against using it. so I asked how you think about that.

Gnocchi are fucking based. I really dig that texture.

tuna tart

Attached: 20190213_165156.jpg (4128x3096, 3.76M)

No?

Attached: IMG_20190323_200826-1843x1382.jpg (1843x1382, 698K)

>tfw no italian gf to cook you italian meals every evening

Attached: 1475383839870.jpg (657x527, 36K)

Just realized what you meant with "fem"

Cause simply taste bad together. Though there are some exceptions, like anchovies and mozzarella
Kek
This no, I wouldn't eat. And I'm fem

Yep
Err. Then it's a no without looking
This seems interesting
This looks like a pizza as doner kebabs make. Dough though looks bad, too dry and raw. Would probably eat if it's 2 a.m. and I'm drunk/smoked

I actually love Israeli food, have been there and would make that too (I do sometimes)

Sorry for repeating posts anons, Italian wifi

I bought it because of my munchies and the though was a bit under cooked, I have to agree. But it really didn't madder at the time.

Here's a bunch of cheeses from last Christmas.

Attached: IMG_20181224_230145.jpg (4160x3120, 3.29M)

That literally looks like some Italian American stuff. I guess the American stuff is more authentic than I thought.

tuna tart

traditionally it has albahaca and morron, but i hate the texture they create, I cook it by mixing cream and cream cheese with a pinch of salt. Mixes with the tuna oil to create delicious juice that's tasty both warm and cold. Eggs are there break the taste homogeneity. Crazy people aka my dad use olives instead.

Must be timed exactly. Too early the body goes uncooked, too late the water evaporates and you lose the taste.

Also what's wrong with the chorizo

Can I hire you to become my personal cook?

Ok one more. Would you this breakfast I don't remember?

Attached: IMG_20190121_051855-864x1152.jpg (864x1152, 300K)

I'm from north west mate, grew up with pic related stuff (3 pm snack)
Can't find these in Naples

Attached: FB_IMG_1560290360987.jpg (720x540, 36K)

it looks and tastes good though

Attached: 8b5b45c6e18e1424a1038177e23f3da4 (1).jpg (850x567, 94K)

Is this sausage up the noodles?
O-O

Pollo a la crema

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x960, 160K)

I looked for something appealing in pic. It looks more fake than usual to me, good food usually looks quite ugly. Though still seems a good dish of pick
That's interesting, we have similar tarts (rustici, parigina, torta di scarole, erbazzone, focaccia di Recco etc). Nothing with the chorizo :D not sure I ever had one.
Yes honestly

yes, slices of sausage. kids like this.

Why the rustic setting?

Don't get the question, if I would eat this for breakfast? Looks like a frittata which is normally an antipasto, we tend to have not savory for breakfast. Though I would be totally fine with it. Coffee is a bit watery tho :D
It doesn't really much.. doesn't look any italian. I would prefer a good ramen soup or udons.

Are you the Torino's neighbor from the other thread? It's been raining for days in my side of the Alps.
Your cheeses really look like some we have here.

it's cow sausage, made mostly from cartilage and grease. similar to german bratwursts and def not made to last long like longanizas and salamis are.

noodles with red sauce and sausages are a great dish if a simple one.

Attached: 001.jpg (4128x3096, 2.76M)

I'm satisfied. Do you pickle fish in Italy, btw?

Its just a pic for the thread. Most of traditional food places look like that anyway
Nope I'm not, but I'm from piemonte
Not that I know? We make fish "alla scapece" but it's just marinated in vinegar, not preserved. Fish is mostly preserved in salt or oil

Attached: Province_of_Florence_Tuscany_0003_Ristorante-Le-Fonticine_Firenze_0d-f7-71-4d-img-20161224-201515-la (338x450, 40K)

Yeah we have plenty of similar things in different regions. Funny you say longanizas cause luganega is a type of sausage. While we have fresh salami/insaccati like that as salam dla duja, ciauscolo, ventricina for those I know (there is always tons of things I don't know existing)

Hmm la crema could be bit more creamy and less watery, I think it's tomatoes fault tho as well. Do you put some flour on the pollo in order to thicken the sauce?

Pickled cucumbers?

Are you the user from night thread about oats and carbs?

Damn, I just made some really based meatballs from my New York grandma’s recipe. But I ate it before I could take a picture

Yes. Best.

So based American
Where are you from if granny's in NY?

no

Herring taste better on Knakebrod

Virginia. My grandma was an immigrant from Italy and spoke Italian. She made really based food.

It tastes the best with potato

Why Italians food is so shitty compared to Spain ?

I just ate them in my hamburguer and stand alone (maybe with some chips).

You know where from in Italy? Was she born/raised mostly in US
I do have family in US but lost tracks, it's back to my gran grandpa birth years (literally the remaining ones)