What is this called in your language?

What is this called in your language?

Attached: bear-sightings.jpg (804x536, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LSwUk6imiPs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peijaiset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iomante
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/miś#Polish
news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/man-mauled-by-brown-bear-on-hiking-trip-survived-after-taking-girlfriends-advice/news-story/ba2db9d9e0ec03b51a908df3fb886307
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Un ours

곰 (gom)

black bear

αρkούδα

oso which is Spanish, sometimes (if it's a local bear) jukumari which is Quechua but the word is loaned to local Spanish as several other (such as cat:mishi or baby:wawa)

Attached: spectacled-bear-machu-picchu.jpg (400x600, 166K)

Schwarzbär

afro-goblino

Oso maloso

Un portugais.

honey eater

mechka

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

I wish we had more bears here

Maybe if you guys didn't nearly kill all of them

Attached: 3r13rr7n1bn21.png (592x576, 688K)

mesikämmen
kouvo
kontio
kouki
kultaherra
ohto
ohtonen
otso
otto
ursula
metsän omena
metsän kuningas
korven kuningas
nalle
karhu is the official one. we used to believe bears to be as close to god as a mortal being can be and that calling it by name would be summoning it, so we came up with euphemisms so not to disturb and anger the kings of the forests.

I'm gonna say the bear's true name and summon one!

Attached: 1477563868411.jpg (500x500, 96K)

schwarzbär

Bubajak

Yeah unfortunately

Fuck bears, man, they're dangerous. My biggest fear is meeting a crazy single mom bear in the woods.

Pussy

Homofaggot

Aren't there a few in the Pyrenees?

I know people who saw bears while backpacking in the middle of nowhere. They don't usually bother you if you keep your distance and don't provoke them.

>Bubajak

sounds almost slavic

Yes but not a lot, it's rare to see them. Hidden camera

youtube.com/watch?v=LSwUk6imiPs

Yeah but not much
We killed most of them in the past

in the event you manage to bring to take down a bear (you never kill bears, merely bring them down temporarily), it's important to have a proper funeral in the bears honor in order to ensure it's reincarnation into the forests

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peijaiset

Attached: iu[2].jpg (474x378, 32K)

>Bear भालू bhaloo

explain bubajak, pls

OSO

خرس
khers

Miś

Medved' (мeдвeдь)
honey eater

>tfw we still have half of Europe's brown bear population

Attached: RP9Iq5F.png (1460x1600, 659K)

Very interesting! Thank you for informing me about this. I didn't know that the Finnish took bear worship that seriously. The indigenous population of Japan still engage in bear worship.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iomante

[spoiler] Also the Bear's true name is Arctos. That's the name proto-germanic tribes used to call them, but wouldn't because they thought it would summon a bear. [/spoiler]

Attached: 1494630168978.jpg (2048x1152, 403K)

Yeah and your corrupt government is fucking them by letting illegal loggers run free.

Beruang

Much of the continent looks unbearable.

No pun intended?

Attached: 00-hungover-animals-05-07-02-15.jpg (1000x1100, 432K)

can you use guns to shoot them if you see one

kusipää

tha's not an 'orse iza beer!

Արջ

*Niedźwiedź

miś is colloquial
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/miś#Polish

Prohibited in France, bears are protected

>uno

LOL

Fucking Holzindustrie Schweighofer and other assholes.
No. They used to allow hunts but people are now complaining about it. They're not as aggressive as grizzly bears.

Attached: 31565[1].jpg (2331x1592, 3.16M)

If you do this and that the police knows it is you, justice will fuck you up to the core.

>walk innawoods in Romania
>can't protect youself if you see a bear
sucks

Where do you get your bear meat from? I thought you people eat it

German guy got attacked by a bear in Romania recently. He punched it and it left him alone. Fucked up his leg though.
>news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/man-mauled-by-brown-bear-on-hiking-trip-survived-after-taking-girlfriends-advice/news-story/ba2db9d9e0ec03b51a908df3fb886307

I think you confuse with horses, we do eat horse (actually few really do this)

Bears are protected species in France

Bears must be protected. The advancement of humanity would have never happened if it wasn't because of them.

Attached: 1498449146910.jpg (640x424, 40K)

*jogs through the thread*

Attached: boobooIgottagetthosepiccanicbaskits.webm (398x720, 1.98M)

That poor bear, Pedals, lost his hand somehow and was forced to walk like that.

Some local hunter around his area was bragging that he was gonna kill it and he did :(

Bears are just big dogs really

poor bear. I'm all for proper hunting but trapping is mostly bullshit.

I remember seeing that on the news

Just make noise and they'll leave you alone. They sometimes attack people if they get too close.

Attached: atacat_urs_1_jpg_main_65534900[1].jpg (620x347, 139K)

The fuck, he mimics human thinking that he can go unnoticed through the houses

I saw bear meat on a menu in Sinaia.

Yeah? What's the bear ever done for us?

This. When I was in Wyoming I was told that if I hear a bear outside the tent at night the best thing to do is turn on the flashlight and start talking.

creepy

You can see it occasionally here, but in Estonia it seems to be served almost at every restaurant

Exist. If it wasn't for Bears, humanity wouldn't have been driven to create safe housing and weapons in order to fight back against Bears. They are also very useful for making clothing and eating, at least, by prehistoric standards. All around they're just a very beautiful and inquisitive creature.

A naked human against a bear is a death sentence. Without those things, people are nothing.

Attached: 1475192923597.jpg (600x448, 83K)

We make stuffed bear toys for children, I think many people have this.
And bears are in gods mythology pretty much everywhere.

Ancient ameridians worshiped bears, same as old europeans etc. So, yes they are important, I think.

It was probably the right thing to do

>Andi Bauer, 26, and Lara Booth, 23
They look in their 40s

Attached: 035047841c4ca591222e3af2418a1bf7.jpg (649x365, 39K)

Whoa

Exactly. Make weird noises and they'll go away. I know a chick who had to pee in a bowl because a bear was roaming around the outhouse during the night at the cabin she was staying at. She didn't want to go outside. I did see a video of people hiking along the paved road and a bear charging at them. They stopped a car and the guy picked them up.
They'll run out of bears soon.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 195K)

Neanderthals fought bears in close combat

Life is hard in Germany. So many foreigners stealing your job.

they look like vegans who age more quickly

They were commonly eaten by settlers here too back when they were more common. The meat is calorie dense and the fat was very useful for lamps and cooking.

Niedźwiedź
Miś (diminutive)
Yeah and the neanderthals are dead. I guess the bears won.

They sometimes stop by roads because morons feed them crap.

Attached: Un-barbat-a-fost-atacat-de-urs-in-plina-strada[1].jpg (1200x821, 312K)

Bhalu

Naked human can win fights against gorillas though. Also africans have way more dangerous animals than bears and gorillas and it hasn't driven them to do anything.

That's why you wear a little bell on your backpack. It lets the bears know you're there and they avoid you. At least in civilized countries where they know what humans are.

they are evolving

Attached: walking-bear.webm (608x1080, 1.98M)

>korven kuningas
Ain't that a Korpiklaani album?

OSO NEGRO.

You guys also ate a breed of pigeons into extinction. Although pigeon stew is tasty as fuck and chicken has no chance against it.

Attached: ciulama-de-porumbei-reteta[1].jpg (1240x824, 589K)

No fucking way dude. A human wouldn't even be able to defend themselves from a chimpanzee without any weapons.

That's because Indians and Slavs are descended from a recent common ancestor after 5000 years ago in the indo-European migrations.

Feeding bears is probably one of the worst things to do for them and for people that live near them

There was a joke about that bell. Wear a bell while you're hiking. If you find bear shit, look at it. If it has seeds in it, it's brown bear shit. If it has bells and cloth in it, it's grizzly bear shit.

>against gorillas
A chimp is enough to kill a human easily. A gorilla would rip a human's head off.

Cave bears (the ones that were hunted by Neanderthals) are extinct, too.

>ywn have a bear bf

Attached: tumblr_p6rxxy18Ob1sfnxpyo1_1280.jpg (850x1280, 211K)

maskwa (musk-wuh)
ᒪᐢᑲᐧ

Attached: B21A6D28-8FA2-4536-A5EA-B3A39D23919F.jpg (400x640, 68K)

Brown bears and grizzlies are the same thing. It's just a regional name. I think you meant Black bear.

Attached: 7XfevQz.jpg (400x352, 49K)

>honey eater

I literally nevern thought about it

That's why he have bears coming into towns looking for food. Sometimes they get shot if the dumbass locals can't scare it away. It's illegal to do so if it hasn't hurt humans but they're retarded like that.

Attached: urs-sibiu[1].jpg (400x225, 23K)

>Naked human can win fights against gorillas

grow up

Humans are fast. Using speed to ones advantage and dodging the gorillas blows is how

Yeah. The one with the seeds was black bear shit.

>The students, both living in Berlin, had decided to embark on a five-day expedition from a small town called Breaza after driving from Passau. They parked their car by an old monastery, and a priest warned them against climbing the mountains.
>Andi and Lara shrugged it off — and scaled the Făgăraş Mountains with just a tent and sleeping bags. On their first day, Lara and Andi saw a snake, lizard, and six wild boar.
>“The next thing we’ll see is a bear,” Andi said he joked while on the hike.
>On day two of the trek after walking for around three hours, the pair came across a dead mauled fawn — and started to worry.
>Moments later they spotted a bear and two cubs on the path ahead, but it was too late for Andi to safely back away.
>She didn’t have a bear spray with her because Andi told her she wouldn’t need it.
Jesus Christ, I go on mountain hikes alone which is dangerous enough, but those idiots are even dumber than me.

Attached: soi deserved to die.jpg (650x1000, 57K)