Fellow new worlders of Jow Forums, what is the most wannabe European part of your country?

Fellow new worlders of Jow Forums, what is the most wannabe European part of your country?
Pic related is our's, obviously.

Attached: 1553161236838.gif (400x525, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2018/07/27/us/new-hampshire-white-diversify.html
google.com/maps/@38.8036407,-77.0416287,3a,75y,165.8h,94.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1svMEVD7GeM2fc-kUGanf2UQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Boston reminded me Europe. Rhode Island not at all.

That place needs diversity

Rhode Island is trash. The coolest thing about it is has a few regional accents, and RIers can often discern which city someone is from (Coventry/Warwick/etc). Very uncommon in US to have identifiable accents.

We do. I am an American of Mexican descent living in New England, and traveling north of CT/RI is depressing, literally no hispanic influence besides Waltham and Worcester.

Fuck you
Rhode island is great
Just the part I'm from, not the other parts

Based
Boston is my favorite city

>the virgin new england
>the chad solvang, california

Attached: 3862462846_9f5e01b4da-470x313.jpg (470x313, 68K)

vs
>The Gigachad Petersburg, Alaska

Attached: 1540745161820.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

poulsbo, washington

Attached: 6e1ef8f6ccfdb2cfccf07fef522288cd.jpg (3000x1952, 948K)

Based. Find yourself a latinx girl and breed some brown New Englanders

I was visiting my cousins in Newport. Rhode Island is strange, but there are some good things.

Plastic fake heritage little tourist towns don't hold a candle to actual colonial history. East coast is to Europe as west coast is to historylet Americans.

What do you mean by wannabe European?

Providence is great, rural parts are comfy. The outer city sprawl in Warwick, Johnston, Pawtucket is horrible. The state is horribly mismanaged, and the economy is trash. RIers are pretty great, they just get a raw deal from their government/elites compared to other states especially when you consider education level. MA/NH are definitely managed better, CT slightly better.

True. New England disgusts me

Attached: 1548284794414.png (1476x950, 1.32M)

There's New Bern in North Carolina kek

Attached: newbern.jpg (460x600, 103K)

Just to clarify, it's New England that is based, not you

I like Brown University, and Newport

Newport is a waste of time in my opinion. Are you from a wealthy family?

I live twenty minutes away from there.

Having a history, a high standard of living, great education...

>Providence is great

I had the privilege of spending a day there and did not get this impression. Way too many crackheads and crazies for my liking. I haven't been to the rest of RI though but I've heard it's nice.

What's life like in eastern NC?

The people there put in a lot of time and effort into cultivating a "cultured" image and put down the rest of the country in order to make foreigners take them more seriously.
Other examples: South Brazil, Quebec

Humidity is too damn high

We just do that naturally. It's not our fault that the savages in the rest of the country great a disparate image of themselves.

In that case it has to be Portland. I have family there and have found maybe 95% of the people there to be completely insufferable and think they're better than everyone else. Truly horrendous people and I say that as a lefty.

I assume you mean Portland, Oregon (hipster Utopia) and not Portland, Maine.

Providence is great if you have a nice job there. It is a very artsy city for how small it is. It is 2nd best city in the US for noise rock scene, and has a really good visual arts community as well. Lots of colleges, and all the non-rich artsy people move to Providence or Amherst since Boston is too expensive. Two of my college friends moved there and are in bands, they love the inclusivity and talent of the music scene there.

It isn't as fun or wealthy as Boston for a place to live for poor/middle-class people it is good if you can find a job.

I guess I backtracked on my initial RI is still trash but PVD is okay I guess.

If Boston reminds you of Europe then Europe is shit

>HON HON HON LOOK AT HOW FRENCH A NEIGHBOURHOOD IN QUEBEC AND ANOTHER IN MONTREAL ARE WE ARE PRACTICALLY EUROPEAN HON HON HON
newfoundland in second. yeah nigs we get it, you got some old buildings and speak differently. time to nuke the east.

Attached: rue-saint-louis-in-the-upper-town-area-of-historic-old-quebec-quebec-city-quebec-canada-554993579-57 (960x640, 138K)

Yeah I didn't like it either. People there was kind of snob. I suppose that my cousins are wealthy, but Idk t bh we're not closely related. Their mother is the cousin of my father I think.

And how it is? There's really Swiss people? kek

I found it a big annoying in QC and Montreal
they really overdo it there especially considering that Quebec City's wall is Victorian era

>couldn't even nail the architecture

>Quebec City's wall is Victorian era
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH I didn't even know that OH NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Boston is undeniably the best city in the country, what shithole did you crawl out of?

SEETHING WESTOID

It's a small town with lots of well meaning boomers. I think all the young people move away. A lot of people in this part of the state are descendants of Swiss immigrants (Including myself), but I wouldn't call them "Swiss" since we're all mutts. The only heritage obsessed states are Minnesota (muh Vikings) and Louisiana (muh Frenchies).

more like wannabe Canada desu

I once saw a drunk hobo jerking off and pissing himself on the streets of boston during a school field-trip. not a good experience.

>There's really Swiss people?
Yeah in 1780

I'd say Maine is more wannabe French than Louisiana is. Louisiana is very proud of what makes it unique.

>Louisiana (muh Frenchies)
They claim to be cajun not french dumbass

Is there anything like this for Ireland? Lot of Irish-Americans supposedly, would imagine they could churn something out. Boston doesn't count since it's just a generic city

Don't care Frenchfag

You're a dumbfucker who can't appreciate one of the parts of America that actually has a unique culture

no Irish came late and were just cultural parasites and vermin

No because the Irish lost their culture prior to their emigration

based on churches and religious cities? Minas Gerais state
based on just architecture? cities from the south region

Attached: IMG_20180309_200453_916.jpg (1600x1016, 518K)

Nope. Irish-Ameeicans are failures

>t. patrick mcCormick, senior forklift operator, hailing from the shire of boston

Not quite related, but in Alaska, there's a sizable amount of Swiss descended families who own huge homesteads. The Kilchers and the singer Jewel are among them, if you have ever heard of them.

I'm a descendent of Puritans, I actually have connection to the land

Savannah, Georgia

Attached: 22077C04-6C65-48BA-BE2E-020D94E68ABF.jpg (1400x720, 260K)

What's the difference between Savannah and Charleston?

Charleston is bigger
Otherwise they are both once southern cities but their architecture and history caused them to be swarmed by yanks

>he doesn't know
ohnononono

What went wrong? For instance, Newfoundland has an Irishness to it but nowhere in America does despite taking in more immigrants than Canada. The reason must lie on America's end and not ours. The people there are quickly corrupted into rejecting their cultural roots in favour of American "culture"

>I'm a descendent of Puritans, I actually have connection to the land

Attached: 1o0dul.jpg (538x538, 54K)

Irish in Newfoundland were isolated so they were never properly civilized. Irish in America were in constant contact with other Papist groups and worked for Anglos

Eyerish and Eyetalian Americans were pretty poor and were mostly stuck in well established areas, they couldn't afford to build new shit. They still had a noticeable impact on the country's culture, given how many artists and politicians descend from them.

Savannah was founded to be a colony for people in debt and a bumper between South Carolina and Spanish Florida

I assume because our Irish immigrants all went to big cities and thus were assimilated into the borg. Boston the exception

Charleston is nice but it’s kinda run downed nowadays

Is New Hampshire based?

nytimes.com/2018/07/27/us/new-hampshire-white-diversify.html

>Rhode Island is trash.
yep
accurate

It's pretty nice

We dont want to be European we just are one of the oldest part and dont have "Muh Dixie" autism like the south.

Nuevo Leon or Jalisco

like everybody else said isolation is the answer, they weren't even part of canada until the cold war. they havent escaped americanization completely, I've met newfoundlanders born since that sound 100% canadian, that is until they talk to another newfoundlander or get pissed off.

NH/Utah are one of the few 90%+ white places in the US that has a functional economy

no they're not they're older than U.ASS.A

I live in Danbury CT and the absolute last thing we need is more goblin spics shitting the area up.

Attached: NH noose.png (835x739, 793K)

>The people there put in a lot of time and effort into cultivating a "cultured" image

Attached: nunie laughing.png (255x270, 118K)

Maine and Vermont have a functioning economy you retard, I can tell when you made that comment you only had West Virginia in mind.

all CHI's deserve to be treated like this

im honorary new world

Attached: 17271-saint-petersburg-locator-map.jpg (728x425, 93K)

>ITT
Dixie shitters, rednecks, and cali fags seething jealousy

Attached: New england forever.png (1792x645, 2.53M)

google.com/maps/@38.8036407,-77.0416287,3a,75y,165.8h,94.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1svMEVD7GeM2fc-kUGanf2UQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
This is pretty dam old for America. Is it anything like a British or Irish town?

>google.com/maps/@38.8036407,-77.0416287,3a,75y,165.8h,94.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1svMEVD7GeM2fc-kUGanf2UQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
this is a better example

new england is the only civilized part of the country

Gross crap you've posted there.

Attached: beacon-hill-boston-ma.jpg (467x309, 37K)

Attached: HW_-_summer_exterior.jpg (900x674, 101K)

Attached: 1-heublein-tower-in-simsbury-connecticut-petr-hejl.jpg (900x506, 98K)

Attached: 21886343796_ce969058f8_b.jpg (1024x692, 463K)

>literally no hispanic influence besides Waltham and Worcester.
Good, that's why it's not fucked up like the inner cities in CT. Worcester as a shithole by the way.