China is spending huge sums of money to put their martial arts on the Olympic roster

Aside from martial arts, which have the largest clubs in the world such as taekwondo and judo, what martial arts have a great influence on the western world?

Asian Martial Arts Order

1. Taekwondo (Olympic official sport)
2. Judo (Olympic official event)
3. Muay Thai, Thailand
4.China Kung Fu
5.Vietnamese Pan Dab

Attached: 11.gif (320x240, 485K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration
youtu.be/oI84oM_bJeg
youtube.com/watch?v=0JfVFA1to5E
youtube.com/watch?v=PwL5aJmp5qM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't care
boring thread

as a man who does an MMA as a hobby,
it would be a muay thai to me, but in the cultural aspect, i would choose karate.
just think about the movie that named a karte kid

Die, cunt.
上げる。

This is a real thing.
Their trolls are getting worse and worse.

Judo, karate, thai boxing are those I heard about

Influence?
Japanese Judo/Jujutsu and Karate, hands down. Not even a contest.

Not only did those establish the stereotype (like 'dojo') and framework of what is perceived as Asian martial arts today, but they are very practical and powerful, have powerful branches like BJJ globally, and have been inspiring many martial artists. Taekwondo is also a branch of Shotokan school Karate, of which the founder was a practitioner during the Japanese colonial period, and has the Japanese style "-do" type name.
Kung Fu is also visually influential due to a lot of movies.

If kung fu is actually influential, I hope that they can get rid of taekwondo and be included in the official Olympic sport.

Funny Chinese Hope

Without a doubt boxing holds the title of the martial art with the strongest influence on the western world. Boxing terminology has seeped into western culture and even several European languages, including English.

By pure numbers, karate/taekwondo that get blended together because soccer moms want their kids to do something other than play fortnite while theyre making powerpoint presentations for 40 grand. As a martial artist myself, i can accurately say 95% of dojos in america are shit. Most of the karate or tkd schools will be taught be old white boomers who always talk about bruce and the 1 inch punch or steven seagal. Most boxing or muay thai places are legit, though are harder to find. I havent seen to many kung fu, kali, silat, or other TMA places

My dad forced me to had a Taekwono lesson eventhough Silat is our national Martial Art in here.

the whole martial art trend started with bruce lee back then, who practice chinese kong fu. I'd say its reasonable to include chinese kongfu since other forms of martial arts are already included.

We should bring back pankration

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration

>was a sporting event introduced into the Greek Olympic Games in 648 BC and was an empty-hand submission sport with scarcely any rules. The athletes used boxing and wrestling techniques, but also others, such as kicking and holds, locks and chokes on the ground. The only things not acceptable were biting and gouging out the opponent's eyes.

Attached: 300px-Pankration_Met_16.71.jpg (300x270, 30K)

Sounds a lot like MMA

youtu.be/oI84oM_bJeg

What do other Asians think of Kalaripayattu?

>Kalaripayattu
Kalaripayattu made kang fu,and kang fu made karate
Kalaripayattu is original of eastern martial arts

Yes but I'm sad that many Indians don't know about this martial art.... I hope it doesn't disappear and get forgotten

we dont forget Kalaripayattu
youtube.com/watch?v=0JfVFA1to5E

martial art should not be on olympics. because only a few countries do them so they have advantage.

youtube.com/watch?v=PwL5aJmp5qM

Jeet Kune Do is the only real American martial art and it isn't popular. Asians win.

It is similar but apparently could get more out of hand. The Spartans were banned from it.

>karate/taekwondo that get blended together
How? Taekwondo is a form of kickboxing, punches aren't allowed. Won't it be just karate with some taekwondo kicks?

>5.Vietnamese Pan Dab
>Dab
no idea what the fuck is this but probably cringe

actually taekwondo made from karate.

karate is from gong fu

i know
karate looks like 南拳

what else did japan take