Non Anglophones be like this shoe is female and that table is male

>Non Anglophones be like this shoe is female and that table is male

Attached: 1558967280426.jpg (225x224, 11K)

Hungarians and Finns have non-gendered languages

^_^

The table is female and the shoe is male.

>Anglos still believing that the concepts of grammatical gender/noun classes are related to biological sex. Lmao.

Do third worlders really? In Sweden we don't usually do it either. We do it in my redneck dialect but you'll almost never hear it from most people.

both table and shoe are male

No it's the opposite

Based Romanic brother.
angloids be like
>Hi my name is Uobeht, I'm fUom UochestaH, how aH you?

Attached: 1559232165802.png (510x596, 467K)

That's because Swedish has become a simplified and primitive language.

we personify everything, even national flags

>G*rmans be like "yeah I have 4 ways of saying a noun depending on it's grammatical function in the sentence and yeah my sentence structure is unnecessarily weird so what"

Attached: 1559257874268.png (1111x597, 974K)

Fite me!

>am*RiKKKoids be like my preferred pronouns are qsy/qsay/qsayr

Attached: goldmon.gif (800x430, 564K)

Based, fuck angloid retarded pronunciation, it is so cringe

item themselves don't have gender, the language that describes them does

gender = a noun class
that's all

stop denying the genders of inanimate objects you filthy bigot

Romanian is the most redpilled language of them all because the penis is grammatically female, hence ancient Dacs knew of tranners even before everyone else.

no
both are female

>English be like "yeah let's get rid off inflections that determine phrasal functions and use a rigid word order instead so all our prose because robotic a repetitive"

always knew the Finnish had their shit together

>f*noids be like tf is a standalone verb for to have

Attached: 1560395590775.gif (400x300, 728K)

The word "penis" is neuter (bigender), which is even worse

shoe and table are both male

Genders are just noun classes and calling one 'masculine' and the other 'feminine' just because some words with biological sexes happen to be included in their respective noun classes is completely arbitrary. You could've also called the one noun class 'shoe class' and the other 'table class' just because shoe and table are examples for the different inflecitons.

No German is the only redpilled language because 'girls' have the same neutral gender of inanimate objects.

No table is female and so is shoe

>Germans be like putting a word in a different spot makes it so deep and poetic

Attached: tenor.gif (360x346, 170K)

As always, romancebros keeping shit in order.

>Innglish bee laik doo day reelee

Attached: 1560439281934.jpg (746x500, 102K)

>O pulă
Female, have sex virgin.

You know that can be done in literally any language as a figure of speech, right?

They knew it as well.

shoe is male, table is neutral

>Sunt prost și mândru

Pretty much. One of the reasons why Russian poetry is so great is because its flexible word order allows for near total rotation of words in a verse which opens up near indefinite possibilities for rhyming. Also the Golden Age of English literature happened when English still possessed the last remains of its ancient case system btw.

you don't need rhymes for good poetry and even if you want it's not difficult to rearrange phrases in romance languages (it's actually better because the poems can't be read the same way as normal text)

Attached: commedia.jpg (1280x852, 187K)

>shoe is female
Um no sweetie, "soulier" is a male word

/thread

Nope
Both are actually neutral/no gender

Most Romance languages except for Romanian and Latin have also rigid word orders which makes their prose and poetry robotic and repetitive i.e. dog shit that's why they require those unnatural work-arounds.

No, both is male.

I unironically think that French and Spanish are both god tier languages but noun gender is the only thing that bothers me about either one.

it exists (omata) but it's cringy and you shouldn't use it

English does have noun genders, too. In fact it's even more retarded since it only applies to boats and nations.

it's optional grammatically. it's not optional in your retarded language.

lmao do Anglos really?

>poetry robotic and repetitive
>t. never read italian or french poetry

Attached: 1_u4n7qKDg-i6B0EPiu1TW-w.jpg (1600x1237, 334K)

Which language has the least bullshit overall? Bullshit hereby being defined as:

>genders
>noun cases/declensions
>irregular verbs
>poor phonetics

>boats and nations
This is just an old fashioned poetic sort of thing.

Table is masculine
Shelf is feminine
Window is neuter

of course I haven't, I am not a faggot

It really would unironically be Spanish if not for gender, but how about Norwegian?

>SVO
>SVO
>SVO
>SVO
>SVO

To a native speaker of a language with a functioning case system and a highly flexible word order this sentence structure reads like repetitive machine instructions.

In Standard English boats and countries have a feminine gender, yes.

chinese languages are pretty simple but with retarded orthography

Based

Yeah I almost said Japanese but didn't because east Asian writing belongs firmly in the bullshit category.

Table is feminine
Shelf is neuter
Window is feminine or neuter depending on the word you use

>normal parts of language
>bullshit
Might as well get a lobotomy and communicate with gurgling noises

>reads like repetitive machine instructions.
It's ironic because that's what queneau wanted to show with this poem

>bad parts of language
Fixed.

What is the difference between types of window in Romanian?

Is gender in romanian depends on the ending of the word too?

Fellatio will be the new lingua franca.

Both are male

Syllables and endings like in the rest of the Latin based languages.

Genuine question for euros - What are the benefits of noun gender? It seems pointless but most of you seem to defend it. Why? I've studied a few other languages and I'm comfortable with noun gender, I just haven't found it to add anything.

Italian is actually very flexible in its word order. In fact, Italian poetry is very highly considered.

"Fereastră", which can be any kind of window is feminine, whereas "Geam" (a literal glass window) is neuter.

It doesn't really add anything just like how English phonetics and irregular verbs don't bring any positives either, people just defend what they're familiar with.

Well, why does English use parts of it? The answer: because it provides more information and context.

Attached: Untitled1.png (663x432, 18K)

Huh, I don't guess I know an equivalent of geam but fereastră looks like French fenêtre.

"genders" is just a way to classify nouns and connect them with their adjectives. "Masculine", "Feminine", "Neuter" and so on are just arbitrary names.
It ties together two related elements.
Like English has always to write the subject while Italian doesn't, or like the utter lack of tenses in English while Italian or German or French have many of them.
The great advantage of English is that it borrows from everything and it can turn nouns into verbs easily, otherwise it has a rigid word order, unimaginative subordinate clauses (that, who/whom, which), always the same verbs (-s, infinite, past, -ing).

>>SVO
>>SVO
>>SVO
>implying it's difficult to change that structure

Attached: d'annunzio.png (459x404, 73K)

"Geam" comes from the Turkish word "čğam". Romanian is an utter clusterfuck of a language.

>and it can turn nouns into verbs easily
That's interesting. I'd never thought of this but you're right.
Well that's just depressing.

Makes spotting foreigners very easy. Natives never get the genders wrong while learners will still make the occasional mistake even after decades learning the language.

che minchia vuol dire s'immilli?

lel
I know plenty of Germans and Austrians who frankly admitted to forget genders all the time and they just go with the flow, which most of the time helps them. Still, they do make mistakes as well.

I wonder who has more trouble - A native speaker of a non-gendered language like English, or a native speaker of another gendered language with different genders for the same words.

>tfw Anglos may not even know they are homos now by fucking that mattress or fleshlight

assomigliare (penso)

They can also be gender neutral

Usually people that have to learn a new linguistic concept before its application do worse than those that just have to reapply an already familiar one.

That's unironically pretty funny.

would you rather lay in la cama (female(not gay at all)) or el matress (male(gay))

That's sort of what I figured but I didn't know how deeply carved in stone your native genders would be for you.

I taught Romanian to some Chinese people at a language center. They almost started having strokes when they found out the verb changes form depending on who's doing the action and verbal times. For example "a bea" - to drink - eu beau, tu bei, el/ea bea, noi bem, voi beți, ei/ele beau. They prefer using the same verb for everyone like in their own language.

The English speaker by far.
I have seen plenty of English speakers studying Italian (don't ask me why I am still wondering that myself) and the multiple conjugations were a real pain in the ass for them (as well as all the different pronouns going together).
The point is, they were not used to so extensive conjugations and so many more moods (subjunctive is fundamental in Italian), so it was a steep hill to climb.

Why are we romencefags so superior bros?

>I have seen plenty of English speakers studying Italian (don't ask me why I am still wondering that myself)
Either muh heritage guidos we wuzzing or people who just think it's sexy and may not have any plans to use it. So in other words, memes.

Basado

>girls and single women are dimunitive nouns, therefore neuter
>married women are feminine
Truly redpilled brudi

I studied German for 7 years and it seemed as hard as if I didn't have genders in my mother tongue but maybe it's because I only started studying it late into primary school. I could never memorise the articles and male and neuter nouns

Sounds like Dutch

>languages that have no definite articles

Attached: rid4th.jpg (1162x943, 755K)

>indo-e*Ropoids need articles to communicate definiteness
cringe and bluepilled

Tell us something interesting about the Finnish language and its construction.

In italian

Attached: scarpa.jpg (1824x840, 295K)