Roman thread

Only countries that were part of the glorious roman empire are allowed to post itt

Attached: IMG_0809.jpg (729x425, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pNauPikEJ7M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallia_Belgica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminology_of_the_Low_Countries
macmillandictionary.com/amp/dictionary/british/name-after
youtube.com/watch?v=QVr85qlSCLQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galerius
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Roman_army
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am Nordic Roman.

Only countries who are named after a Roman province are welcome.
Welcome: Belgium, Britain, Cyprus, Egypt, Italy, Macedonia, Syria
Not welcome: the rest of you subhumans

Not even Romans wanted Ireland or what

Make way, peasants
youtu.be/pNauPikEJ7M

Get the fuck out you barbaric snowniggers , this is a civilized thread

Attached: IMG_0329.jpg (690x460, 70K)

Too far and nothing worth there, in fact England was most probably not worth conquering, but Romans wanted it all.

I AM HEIR OF ROME

Yeah, I think I can post here

>got btfo by goths
>got btfo by hunns
>got btfo by turks
>got btfo by SEVERAL germanic tribes
wow... the roman "empire"

Attached: 1552255507841.jpg (400x400, 31K)

*brings Europe back to the Stone Age*

>Belgium
"Historically, Belgium was part of an area known as the Low Countries, a somewhat larger region than the current Benelux group of states that also included parts of northern France and western Germany. Its name is derived from the Latin word Belgica, after the Roman province of Gallia Belgica."

"Gallia Belgica: Gallia Belgica ("Belgic Gaul") was a province of the Roman empire located in the north-eastern part of Roman Gaul, in what is today primarily France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, along with parts of the Netherlands and Germany."

"Legacy: Representation of the Low Countries as Leo Belgicus by Claes Janszoon Visscher, 1609
'Belgica Foederata' was the Latin name of the Dutch Republic.The name of Belgica continued to refer to the entire Low Countries until the modern period. The Seventeen Provinces of the Low Countries were then divided into the independent Belgica Foederata or the federal Dutch Republic and the Belgica Regia or the royal Southern Netherlands under the Habsburgian crown. For example, several contemporary maps of the Dutch Republic, which consisted of the Northern Netherlands, and therefore has almost no overlap with the country of Belgium, show the Latin title Belgium Foederatum."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgium
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallia_Belgica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminology_of_the_Low_Countries

>mfw I will never be a patrician

Attached: 1365669645992.jpg (677x782, 83K)

What about Hispania?

Gods...I hate Gauls...

Who /narbonensis/ here ?

Attached: 1548247520858.png (500x600, 417K)

>fuck rome
Cringe
>fuck kikes
Based

Attached: IMG_0810.jpg (561x650, 75K)

Why do you hate yourself ? Are you a leftard ?

Hence why I said "named after" you stupid roach
Sure

>tfw videogames are all about MUH VIKINGS
>if ancient era is ever used they always focus on military
>tfw no comfy roman civilian life sim
>tfw most likely roman game we're going to get is shitty ass creed
it sucks bros

I am Suebi

>hmpfh... *inbred sounds* pourkwé que tu te déteste toi-même lô ? hé que tu serais pas un gôchiste lô ?

Attached: f61.jpg (845x1033, 190K)

Raetia and the civilized part of Germany reporting in

Viel Feind, viel Ehr

Learn proper English or history cunt belgifuck

>still believing Renaissance lies

>Learn proper English
macmillandictionary.com/amp/dictionary/british/name-after

Hello my fellow Romans

The Goths were Swedish in origin, and most of them integrated pretty well. It wasn't until Romans started mistreating the Goths that they rebelled. Like, by "inviting them" into the empire and then forcing them to sell their own children into slavery for some bags of moudly grain. And when the leaders asked for a meeting to peacefully discuss matters they were executed for their impudence. That's just a dick move.

Also Aurelian best emperor.

Get conquered kid

Attached: 1560542229127.jpg (480x360, 79K)

my ROMAN brothers................
the blood of PALEMON flows through me

youtube.com/watch?v=QVr85qlSCLQ

Swedes destroy Roma gypses

Attached: NORDICSVSMEDS.jpg (672x2856, 606K)

Attached: aaa.png (1237x1017, 108K)

people literally believed the world was going to end due to the shithole status Europe was, all thanks to the peaceful German migrants that entered in the Roman Empire to get their gibs

Just because they claimed all of that land doesn't mean they actually owned it. I bet 75% of the people who lived under Roman """occupation""" didn't even know they lived under Roman occupation.

The roman empire would've just continued to stagnate. At least it fell to Europeans and not the Huns or Sassanids.

Not true. They were forced to convert first to roman paganism and later to christianity, which ruffled more than a few feathers. The powerful authoritarian stance allowed many provinces to maintain cohesion long after the empire itself collapsed.

people also believed the world would end 2000 or 2012

It did and now we're all in hell.

The only thing you're going to conquer is your sister's pussy , you inbred barbarian

Attached: IMG_0204.jpg (596x628, 49K)

Romania is still Dacia

>The last province to be added and the first province to be ceded is the only one calling itself Rom

What is this map

Attached: 1559409907116.jpg (627x1019, 407K)

It's confirmed that the next AssCreed will have a viking setting

Our anthem goes kinda like
"It's now or never, to the world we readily proclaim
That in our veins throbs Roman blood
And in our hearts forever we glorify a name
Resounding of battle, the name of gallant Trajan"
>WE

holy based

Vae victis

>The "Legion" leak was just referring to another watchdogs sequel

God fucking damn it.

The romans went in, drained all the mines and then left.

It was rape.

I'm spiritually Roman. Specifically a Patrician Senator of the Optimates.

Filthy Roman Anirans.

Attached: persian-clipart-roman-general-197008-8965439.jpg (577x410, 370K)

Daily reminder that St Augustine is a native berber from north east Algeria

Attached: Gerard_Seghers_(attr)_-_The_Four_Doctors_of_the_Western_Church,_Saint_Augustine_of_Hippo_(354–430) (1000x803, 83K)

Based

Attached: 1551426117536~2.png (1280x1408, 523K)

Romanian history books are one long tale of rape and plunder.

Why is Belgium and Austria larping as Romans? You were barely Roman during the empire's existance and now you're not even close to Roman.

>Still caring about AssGreed
The last decent game was black flag , after that it jumped the shark

"Woe to the defeated" ~ Brennus

Origin and Odyssey were the first good ones.

Black flag was the best, odyssey was a singleplayer mmo

M*ds?

Attached: 1558532403737.jpg (445x352, 25K)

That doesn't make any sense.

It played like a single-player mmo in that the quest design, and the horrible itemisation was that normally found in an mmo.

Quests had no depth, the items were replaced every single level.

It is about how church reforms thus Protestan or Hanseatic ethics, you name it, led to these developments since the religious virtues created by merchants brought so-called development paradigm. Also, Europeans already had the chance of practicing their cognitive skills, critical thinking thanks to Renaissance. The most of these nations had accumulated so much capital either trading or colonizing the rest of the world.

On the other hand, China, was so richer than Europe, could create the way more developed technology long before than Europe, but they did not. They had no intention of spreading or developing it that you can relate it with again religion or the way they perceive the life, conditions taken granted. Moreover, an average Chinese peasent used to be living in way far better conditions than an average European peasant. I respect the progress. However, this bar char is a pretty Eurocentric because it does not mean anything, it is like saying Ottoman Empire had huge lands, was the most powerful empire, LOL.

Today knowledge is free, you can get online courses from Harvard/MIT for free. Plus, technology is improving logarithmically: everyday at a higher speed. You know an average Asian kid, given the opportunity, can create better outcomes than a cunt nation kid in Europe. So please instead of bragging your past, focus on your everyday becoming more cucked lands. Europe is stagnating. It already has lost its hegemon position at technology and humanity. China soon will fuck your ass up.

Show me an mmo with as much gameplay variety and exploration as Odyssey and I'll play it. The nemesis and conquest systems make me think you're talking out of your ass, which you probably are.

Black Flag is unplayable garbage because as soon as you get into a groove, the game forces you go through long unskippable sequences of walking down Ubisoft offices or some shit that I don't care about. Automatic 0/10.

user, black flag barely had any modern day sequences

>> What was the Holy German Roman Empire
Learn History, brainlet.

In retrospect it was a weird move to take that name considering the eastern part of the roman empire still existed.

>Galerius affirmed his Dacian identity and avowed himself the enemy of the Roman name once made emperor, even proposing that the empire should be called, not the Roman, but the Dacian Empire, much to the horror of the patricians and senators. He exhibited anti-Roman attitude as soon as he had attained the highest power, treating the Roman citizens with ruthless cruelty, like the conquerors treated the conquered, all in the name of the same treatment that the victorious Trajan had applied to the conquered Dacians, forefathers of Galerius, two centuries before.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galerius

Tbh we call ourselves that because the Latin language is the strongest thing that unites us vlachs from all 3 principalities and the rest of Balkans

The holy roman empire was neither holy, nor roman, nor an empire

>The holy roman empire was neither holy, nor roman, nor an empire

Attached: FCF27FFF-0115-448F-A5C9-DD7DF58AA702.gif (380x400, 197K)

I'll disagree

>An analysis of known origins of comitatenses in the period 350-476 shows that in the Eastern army, the Danubian regions provided 54% of the total sample, despite constituting just 2 of the 7 eastern dioceses (administrative divisions): Dacia and Thracia.[39] These regions continued to be the prime recruiting grounds for the East Roman army e.g. the emperor Justin I (r. 518-27), uncle of Justinian I, was a Latin-speaking peasant who never learnt to speak more than rudimentary Greek.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Roman_army

>The Byzantine chronicler Priscus of Panium mentions in the year 448, the presence of a Latin-speaking populace North of the Danube. The populace was called by him "Ausoni". [15] It should be noted that this was at a time before Slavic migration, so the exonym “Vlach” was not applied to this populace. [16] (...) a barbarian who sat beside me and knew Ausoni (...)

Attached: 1560355286540.png (740x996, 162K)

>guy gets crowned Emperor of the Romans by the Pope in Rome
Sure seems like it to me.

watch people get mad at this 100% right post

Attached: › › ›.png (1778x2014, 3.95M)

Irene was already the roman emperor in Constantinople, the only reason Charlemagne got crowned by the pope was because of the rift between the east and the west churches, and obviously Rome wanted a catholic monarch that was close to it rather than someone all the way to the east.

please stop taking my crops

And later France wanted a French pope so they elected their own pope in Avangion. Truly God works in mysterious ways.

Sure, but it happened, hence the title, and only seething byzaboo LARPers would say otherwise.

Well yeah of course it happened, but it doesn't mean it was really the case of things in reality, that's the whole point, same goes for being an Empire, if you take into consideration what the actual of an 'Empire' is, and compare it to how the HRE worked.

*actual definition

>Irene was already the roman emperor in Constantinople
Women can't be emperors, that's why Charlemagne was crowned.

third rome reporting :^)

>M-Muh Armenia

Who?

Did the romans do anything for egypt? Aside from burning the library of alexandria, carcalla genociding the population over a bad show and torturing pagans to death?

salve faexposters

how much turkic blood do average turk have anyway?

Attached: 1552515347592.png (382x390, 142K)

based autist destroying inbred g*uls with FACTS and LOGİC

>dynasty = people
literally brainlet tier.

I'm from Tanais

That's what Pope Leo proclaimed as the reason, however, it's no secret that the whole ordeal is a classical power struggle, Rome would've been under the same predicament whether the eastern emperor was a man or a woman, the control is still going to be far from them

Sitoni vacci not welcome itt
imagine being ruled by women topkek

Holy
>dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose
Roman
>of or relating to Rome or the people of Rome, of or relating to the see of Rome or the Roman Catholic Church
Empire
>a major political unit having a territory of great extent or a number of territories or peoples under a single sovereign authority - especially : one having an emperor as chief of state
Which one of these does the HRE not respect?

lmao

Based Aegyptus , i've been waiting for the 2nd best roman province to join the thread

>An empire is a sovereign state functioning as an aggregate of nations or people that are ruled over by an emperor or another kind of monarch. The territory and population of an empire is commonly of greater extent than the one of a kingdom.
thats literally what the HRE was.

Gots came from the island Gotland. You mainland Sitones were cucks living below a state of bondage ruled by women (t. Tacitus) topkek te futueo et caballum tuum blennum

roman province of ARGENTVM here
what's up my fellow romans :)

>it's no secret that the whole ordeal is a classical power struggle
and rome was never before a subject of a power struggle right? if anything, just usurping the title in a power struggle is the most roman thing ever.

schism was 2 centuries after Charlemagne

>Did the romans do anything for egypt? Aside from burning the library of alexandria, carcalla genociding the population over a bad show and torturing pagans to death?
The whole of North Africa was one of the best places in the world. It was the breadbasket of Rome, had tons of vegetation and roman aqueducts made sure water was always available.
Then came the muslims and turned it into a shithole

>turkic
very little, most central asians that migrate here dont see us as the same as them.

most of modern day turkey is assimilated anatolians and other minorities in the empire of rum and sultanate of ottomans.
Same with the culture, turkic empires had a knack for assimilating or harmonizing with cultures they conquered (seljuks became persian, mamluks became arab, turkic warlords in china became chinese etc etc) because they were minorities.
After the fall of seljuk of rum the reason why ottomans were so much successful then the other anatolian beyliks was that they assimilated into the roman culture and not to the anatolian one, from the very start all sultans were educated in roman bureucracy, tactics and literature/mythology.
The idea of janissaries most likely came from a greek idea of a cast of elite soldiers brought up under their kings direct orders without a family for their entire lives so when they grow up they will see their king as their father and protect him at all costs.
Here is a map that gets thrown around sometimes but i would question its validity heavily.

Attached: 1552578818440.png (1044x1382, 130K)

10-15%

Syria in its prime would've been nice to visit. Dalmatia shat out the best emperors though.

Mainland? Sweden was like 100% coastline sttlements back then.

But Egypt was like that before the Romans arrived. And had been that way for the past like 4000 years. In fact, Alexandria shat all over Rome until Augustus decided to do something about it.

>Then came the muslims and turned it into a shithole

What? You mean the Mamluks?