Boris

>Boris
>Igor
>Ivan

How come none of the most known slavic names are even of the slavic origin?
boris is a fucking turkic bulgar name for fuck's sake

Attached: Aarusmj.png (675x808, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_(given_name)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1560694303985.png (500x492, 9K)

>How come none of the most known slavic names are even of the slavic origin?
The most known Slavic name is Vladimir.

>>Igor
NORDIC BVLL name
>>Ivan
Jewish names are the most common in the world, there's nothing you can do about it

inb4 germanics will claim that vladimir is slavicisation of valdemar and not the opposite

for some reason those names are not synonymous in polish. włodzimierz pawlak and waldemar pawlak are not the same persons

>For some reason
Same reason why John is not Ivan and vice versa

What are popular names in Russia today that you give to new born children? Alexei, Andrej, Alexandr?

most popular for men is Alexander/Alexei and most popular for women is Olga

Attached: 1559845278434.png (4496x3848, 2.79M)

>tfw no Olga gf

Official survey: Alexander, Mikhail, Artyom, Maxim, Daniil (pronounced dah nee ill), Ivan, Dmitry, Ilya, Yegor, Kirill, Timofei, Roman, Nikita, Andrey, Fyodor, Matvey, Mark, Vladimir, Lev, Yaroslav

>Olga

>Borrowed in the 19th century from Russian Óльгa (Ólʹga), a saints' name borne by Russian royalty, a medieval form of Helga, Old Norse heilagr (“holy, prosperous”).

>Igor (Russian: Игopь, romanized: Igor' [ˈiɡərʲ]; Ukrainian: Iгop, romanized: Ihor [ˈiɦɔr]; Belarusian: Iгap, romanized: Ihar [ˈiɣar]; Serbian Cyrillic: Игop, pronounced [îɡor]) is a common given Slavic name derived from the Norse name Ingvar, that was brought to ancient Rus' by the Norse Varangians, in the form Ingvar or Yngvar. Igor (son of the Varangian chief Rurik) was left as a child with Rurik's distant relative (supposedly) first Grand Prince of Kiev - Oleg and later, after the death of Oleg replaced him on Kiev's throne.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_(given_name)

Why you want to be Swedish? :^)

>Nikita

Nikita has always been a stranger name for me since I associate it with a female and not a man despite the most famous Nikita I've heard of is Nikita Chrustjev.

Yep, this name is gay as fuck. Giving this name to females is much less common here though, and when they do, stress is on the last syllable.

based and redpilled

How is John in Russian?
I noticed that John Paul II is Ioann Pavyel II and not Ivan Pavyel II, so I guess you have those distinct like Yuri and Georgyi?

Lev is a jewish name

Dżon

Because we are vikings n shit

¡It's cute when Poles carry names like Agnieszka, Przemyslaw or Magdalena!

And yes, we have high style, middle style and low style of every name.
For example
High style - Ioann
Middle style - Iwan
Low style - Wania, Waniucha, Waniusza, Waniuszka, Waniura, Waniusia, Waniuta, Waniutka, Waniata, Waniatka, Iwanka, Iwanko, Iwania, Iwaniucha, Iwaniusza, Iwasia, Iwasik, Iwacha, Iwasza, Isza, Iszuta, Iwa

>ob iwan kenobi

Domination of christianity.

why do russians have different sounding "nicknames" for people? alexander | sascha f.e. does this make more Sense in cyrillic? guys name at work is johann and he gets called wanja

in german it is usually just shortend
alexander | alex
tobias | tobi
Maximilian | Max

t. Atar

Artyom!

Its because we like to use diminutive form of names when adress people we know or like or love, you not suppose to call you sister Alexandra, you call her Sasha, its not like cyrillic have something to do with it. A;so peasants spoke low language always butcher canonical names like
Paraskeva - Praskovya, Prasha
Evdokiya - Abtotya, Dunya
etc etc

Vladi-mir is quite celarly slavic since it's a combination of two slavic words
>Same reason why John is not Ivan
It kinda is though
>johann and he gets called wanja
Ivan = Vanya
These nicknames seem pretty intuitive, would probably make more sense to you if you understood the language.

*Avdotya
fix

thank you somehow didnt make the connection between johann - Ivan

Pic related are the most popular names here and which ones are Slavic.

Attached: imena.jpg (473x524, 105K)

Because Slavic countries other than Russia, in which these names aren't common are way smaller than Russia?
What a stupid question.

>My name is Misha, what gave it away?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)