Are your parents proud of you?

Are your parents proud of you?

Attached: pause.jpg (743x418, 115K)

My mum suggested I should look into becoming a train driver or taxes official, can't be too proud I guess.

Attached: 1542456336561.jpg (250x241, 7K)

No

No

Attached: 1558820368594.jpg (1400x1116, 230K)

No, I'm a total failure.

I'm 27 and haven't worked a day in my life

I'm not into drugs and actually made it to college at least, that's enough I guess.

Probably not.
My parents failed their job as parents and are generally exceedingly selfish human beings.
I should have been aborted and parents should have to undergo some sort of means testing before they are allowed to have a kid.

they are
don't really know why

No. They even left the country and went to the UK. Haven’t heard or seen them ever since

yes

Doubt

I would like to believe so

I am vastly more successful in everything I ever did than all the rest of my family and those I grew up with as a kid

this

Nope but I don't care. Dad is an alcoholic and mom is a bitch who only cares about looking rich even though they are poor as hell.

I work in a library basement and I love it. Salary is ok and I love working here so my mom and her "you are wasting your life user, people will laugh at you if you don't make a proper career" bullshit can fuck off.

she used to cry when she compared my life with my friends'

Yes
I only have my mother tho

currently shitting a uni degree and jobless. My dad in particular resents it and it's easy to blow off as just him being a salty boomer but he's right, it really does kind of all fall on my lack of preparation. This is the first time in my life I've been anything resembling a NEET and it fuckin hurts. Some days are better than others but I think I'm going to try and get a job in the town my college is in, I'm paying rent up there anyways.

Yep, mom is. She's Italian and she has been extremely strict when it comes to my life choices, including which women I date (for better or worse) but it's worked out so far. I have a good job, I'm fit, don't have any bad habits and we might move to Italy in a few years. Time will tell.

Yeah they are.
But they always have been.
I don't really get it, I think they're just easily impressed.

I couldn't give less of a fuck about what they think of me

They are, because when my dad was my age I was 19.
They are absolutely disappointed that I don't have a family and never had a GF at age 40

Attached: 577w2444.png (1640x363, 40K)

No. I got a meme degree at 23 and moved out that year. My dad is a successful entrepreneur and multi-millionaire. I'm gay and spent years wanking to gfur.

this

no, they're jealous.

No idea, I live like 16 000 km from my parents and we never talk.

>because when my dad was my age I was 19

Attached: 5464689090.png (237x280, 11K)

they say they are but deep down I think they're disappointed

My mom is. Idk about my dad. 2bh I'm waiting until he dies to I can get a hefty inheritance.

Yeah

Mom is proud and though my dad wishes I was more like him he respects me for going my own way and finding something I enjoy.

I honestly don't even know anymore
I sure as hell know that I'm not proud of myself

Attached: 1560121197976.jpg (500x500, 97K)

Nope

I'm not really sure. Disappointed in some aspects, proud in others? I think they appreciate I have a career in the military, my own place, a stable financial situation, and that I'm not a mentally ill druggy like my cousins. I'm still an obvious kissless virgin and assburger though, and they probably expected me to have a gf at some point, even if they don't bring it up. Maybe they think I'm gay?

Attached: 1560075224175.png (720x405, 493K)

probably, but they never say it directly
but then again i never really showed any passion for life from a young age, just wanted to stay in my room playing vidya

Yes, very much so. I'm an accomplished young person.

Attached: IMG_3093.jpg (565x575, 34K)

No, but that's alright because I'm not a kid and don't need their approval.
I'm in my early 30s, I'm not married with kids and I've got an average paying job.

Attached: 1501460397522.jpg (1920x1200, 118K)

Probably not but idc cause they're losers too

Same here. It's always terribly awkward when my mother talks about grandparents and then there's the awkward pause during which she silently remembers that I'm a kissless hugless handholdless virgin who'll never give her grandchildren. Even if I got started tomorrow morning and did a complete 180 on my life, I could at most hope to have a single kid as I'm already in my early 30's.

>about grandparents
grandchildren*

>Even if I got started tomorrow morning and did a complete 180 on my life, I could at most hope to have a single kid as I'm already in my early 30's.
What? Unless you're a woman early 30s is not late to have children.

Not sure if they’re proud or disappointed, more just appalled. They’re both cautious, stay-at-home salary workers, and I’ve been traveling the US/world for the last three years after getting my degree. I think they really just use me as a conversation piece, but that’s okay. We still get drunk and laugh together when I stop by home, so they can’t hate me too much

Yes they are very proud. I'm 26 and only just entered my second year of uni (was doing various other degrees that i ultimately did not enjoy), but have held steady jobs in the hospitality industry for nearly teo years now and have been living away from home since 2014 so im independent. I just recently started dating someone as well so they find that pretty exciting

My father told me a few days ago that he wishes i was never born.

People shouldn't be giving birth past their 20s. The chance of autistic children raises with birthing age.
t. autist born at 37

Technically you're right, but here are some points to consider:

1) Realistically you would probably want to date for 2+ years before deciding to have children, which already greatly narrows the window of opportunity.
2) One is statistically much more likely to be romantically involved with another person who's more or less the same age. Therefore, if I'm already in my early thirties, my hypothetical partner is statistically most likely to also be in her early thirties. When you take the 2+ year dating period into account, she's already rapidly getting to her limit (assuming that women should avoid having children from age 35 onward).
3) Even if the woman were younger than me, there is still increased risk of problems like autism associated with men having children past a certain age (mid to late thirties IIRC).

my mother is a terrible parent. So I don't give a flying fuck what she thinks of me. She isn't someone I can rely on for personal advice. I had to motivate myself to fix what she has failed to do as a parent and that is to prepare me for this gay ass world. I also have a useless 25 year old brother who doesn't do shit but play video games all day. I tried telling her to push him to get a career, but keeps making some stupid ass excuse like "he's gonna kill himself, he's depressed" blah blah blah. I told her it's better if he killed himself than being a loser. told her never call me or talk me again. been 3 months now and doing relatively well and don't really give a shit how she's doing. I know I sound rude, but the relationship goes deeper. I have a very strong dislike for my mother.

based. tell him to go fuck himself. Work on being more successful than him and tell him to go fuck himself after you made it

My gf is 31. Should i tell we must have kids ASAP?

Yes but they still think I'm gonna get my degree in the next 3 semesters when its probably gonna be like 6. I'm telling them bit by bit so they dont get pissed. They don't even give me money so idk why I do all this

Autism isn't that bad really.

Having zero social instincts or natural charisma fucking sucks dude.

You don't have to marry a woman your own age. That's something older women push as a shaming strategy. There's absolutely nothing wrong for a man in his 30s having a relationship with a woman aged ~25.
Also I'm not sure older man's sperm is such a big risk factor for the baby.

I mean it's a spectrum no? Depends how bad is your condition it can go from "a bit awkward" to "zero social instincts". I heard people with autism can be adapted pretty well in society.
Anyway a slight chance of not severe deviation is not a reason not to have children.

It's quite literally now or never. Consider a pessimistic estimate, whereby it takes her 6 months to actually agree to get started (perhaps, for example, she wants to finish some career-related project first), after which it takes the two of you a year and a half to get her prenant. That means she's pregnant at 33, and 34 (or almost 34) by the time the baby's born. That's pretty much the limit I would recommend. But then you have to remember that perhaps you first have a miscarriage or something of that nature, in which case you might not have the baby in question until 35 or 36, which is pushing it but probably still okay (unless you're unlucky).

In short, yes, ASAP, and even if you're only aiming for 1 kid. If you're aiming for more than 1, then you need to either have plenty of luck on your side, plenty of money for fertility treatment, or be willing to take a gamble and hope that your 2nd kid won't have autism or down's syndrome.

my parents didnt give me anything or a good advantage in life, and thy hare poor always have been and always will be and im not any different but they know they fucked up so they really dont expect anything of me. they are mostly just relieved that i managed to reach 29 and almost have my crazy and unstable days put behind me.

>There's absolutely nothing wrong for a man in his 30s having a relationship with a woman aged ~25.
I wasn't implying that, it's just less likely to happen in general. And, let's be honest here, you probably have to be above-average to get a 25-year-old woman as a man in your early 30's.

In any case, it's a moot point because, again, I'm a kissless hugless handholdless virgin. I'm so utterly disconnected from so many facets of romantic life that there's not point in even entertaining the fantasy. It's like if someone in his mid to late 30's had never had a job of ANY kind whatsoever throughout his life and tried to get one. Of course it's not impossible, but it's rather unlikely.

I see, yeah. Don't know what to tell you, man.

>no friends
>no social life
>kissless virgin
Probably not.

>birthday on the 21st
>going to be 24
>only work experience is unskilled/semi-skilled construction labourer/helper jobs
>kissless virgin

My parents are definitely disappointed in me but i didn't come out as that bad of a person so they are borderline. My sisters are doing pretty good but they just married guys with money that comped them everything or the guys parents did etc and then they get on a high horse sometimes.

I'm the youngest of 9 kids. I just assume I was an accident and exist solely for spare organs so it shouldn't matter anyway

tfw you kinda love your parents but being a single kid theres always hope they will just die and you will inherit everything

They will be in a few years they still have some hope now

both my parent were 35 when they had me, and i'm kinda normal