TFW America single-handedly killed Hueweii before it even got off the ground

>TFW America single-handedly killed Hueweii before it even got off the ground

Attached: 1560902404673.jpg (640x627, 97K)

It's just one Chink company among a plethora of them, there's still Redmi, Xiaomi, Umigdi etc. who flood the market with cheap smartphones.
A superpower destroying a single company isn't really that great of a feat to begin with.

Cope.

>tfw Americans chimp out will cause a Chinese OS to replace Android throughout the entire developing world, single handedly costing them their greatest spyware backdoor over the planet they have ever or will ever have, all because Cisco can't deal with selling products without a 15,000% mark up

based

NEVER EVER DARE TO FACE AMERICA AS THE WORLD'S HEGEMON... OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!

calm down trump

B-BUT THE CHINESE DRAGON

Attached: images (3).png (231x218, 8K)

kek this

But all those companies use American components. Huawei used their own soc, their own modem and sourced OLED panels from Chinese BOE.

kys

>tfw Americans chimp out will cause a Chinese OS to replace Android throughout the entire developing world, single handedly costing them their greatest spyware backdoor over the planet they have ever or will ever have, all because Cisco can't deal with selling products without a 15,000% mark up

Attached: 1557089590596.png (231x218, 12K)

What's the downside of those phones?
Are they lower quality? Full of spyware?
There must be a downside.

Using foreign components is very common among smartphone manufacturers, for example almost every company utilises camera chips produced by Sony, and most use OLED screens developed by Samsung. As far as I remember even iPhones use, or at least used, Samsung components.
Of course the ban doesn't stop Huawei from producing other shit, for example Spain is building their 5G network with Huawei technology, and Germany is going to use Huawei components for that too.
They're lower quality. They have screens with worse viewing angles (for example the hue will turn blue if you look at them from the side), they have worse cameras, less ram, they're made of plastic instead of glass and aluminium.

Cheap implies lower quality

>implying third worlders are capable of making good apps

I've been told it's lower quality, but don't fall for the trade-off fallacy (if that even exists)
you can have cheaper products without compromising quality

so much for the free market huh

In the case of smartphones cheap products really are shittier. Most cheap phones use outdated LCD technology instead of OLED for their screens, they pack 2 GB of RAM instead of the 6 GB that have become standart, they use micro-USB instead of USB-C which leads to longer charging times, etc. etc.
There are other problems as well, for example certain Xiaomi models can't be really used in America because they're unable to utilise their local LTE bandwidth.

America isn't free market.
It's a mixed economy
This is basic US civics

China has protectionism for its economy too, but when the U.S. does it the U.S. are somehow the bad ones.
Hypocrisy at its finest.

They're rarely made of plastic instead of glass or aluminum but "premium" smartphones use stainless steel. The US doesn't care as long as they're not developing their own. It's easy to source components and assemble a product.

>T.

Attached: Zhang working hard to feed his family.jpg (1024x682, 435K)

Apple sheep mentality in action

>Protectionism

And yet last week it was because spying, maybe get your story straight and people will believe you.

And that's a good thing.
-posted from my huawei p10
p.s. fuck chinks lmao

I was thinking more about a vague human labor cost and how a factory worker in the EU or US would demand silly things like livable wages while a Chinese would happily work for US$10 a day.
And then there's the fact that the food and goods in general that we can get nowadays are both better and cheaper than they were a hundred years ago so there's not trade off on price/quality necessarily.

But I'll take you on your word with chink phones, I've been using the same old one for the past 3 years. Maybe 30 minutes a day, for two factor authentication apps, as an alarm, and for the occassional picture taking if I don't feel like writing things down. If not for a handful of apps, I would still use my old dumbphone with enless battery life.

Nobody would care if the US placed tariffs on some Chinese goods, especially ones competing with domestic products (something Europe already does), but that's not what's happening. The American government is obsessed with a misrepresented trade imbalance and seeks to remedy the "issue" though blanket tariffs on nearly all Chinese goods.

>Chinese OS to replace Android

I'm unironically waiting for this. Fuck google.

What happened to all the leftist/liberal “economists” that said tariffs wouldn’t work?

>And yet last week it was because spying
Its for both.
By the way, both countries spy.

BASED American bros fucking ch*na's shit up

>>TFW America single-handedly killed Hueweii before it even got off the ground
>before it even got off the ground
lol underaged mutt detected. Just because mommy and daddy only buy you apple doesn't mean that huawei hasn't been out there this whole time too.

Attached: china us japan.jpg (1405x1769, 542K)

>What happened to all the leftist/liberal “economists” that said tariffs wouldn’t work?
The goal of the tarrifs was to rescue American manufacturing. Most americans don't care about this "battle of the civilizations" shit which is why Trump's numbers aren't looking great (not bad, just not all that good either.)

Attached: You are not welcome here, Chink insect .jpg (422x572, 94K)

they are lower quality and leave off small features that top tier samsung or iphone might have, but usually nothing huge except i think some dont have good ip (water/dust protection) ratings. most users wont notice a difference and would rather have the cheapness

+3 to your social credit score honorable zhang

Based. Get fucked Chicoms.

i just hope they remember our sacrifice as we take them out with us

Attached: 1559410262387.jpg (1242x1526, 233K)

>Trump in 2016: Tarrifs will save the economy
>Trump now: Tarrifs will destroy the economy but also destroy China maybe
Not sure if I agree with shit now.