Are americans really dumber?

Completely anecdotal but I feel like I've seen more americans being clueless about science/geography/history/whatever else than other western people. Discuss

Attached: d8qedzi-6403cb45-fd55-4b8f-865d-265b33730215.png (300x132, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abcactionnews.com/news/national/survey-41-percent-of-americans-dont-know-what-auschwitz-is
oecd.org/pisa/pisa-2015-results-in-focus.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Played a PUBG match with an American yesterday. He said he knows about Chernobyl, guess from the show so I asked him where is it located. His answer - Russia axaxaxaxaxax

Keep in mind that Americans won the Nobel prize 362 times

I really don't think so. I'll be damned if most Euros can point out Malawi on a map.

>Keep in mind that Americans won the Nobel prize 362 times
Keep in mind that maybe 15% of the country have a brain
Rest are a bunch of dumb chicanos, retarded nogs or mentally disabled rednecks

>completely owned some child on a subject that everybody talks about recently because of an epic TV series
wow so based dude what a badass

Don't get me wrong, american scientists/engineers/academics are smart and their country has the funding to translate that to achievements. I'm talking about the average person that goes/went to a regular public school

recently played a game with an american and he just went on and on about how doctors say that homosexuals have gender dysphoria and how 70 percent of gays kill themselves. Hate who you want but you should at least be able to know the name of the demographic you're hating.

>import the third world
>national IQ lowers
>LOL WHY ARE THEY SO DUMB THEY ARE REALLY DUMB

Attached: 1538784052919.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

have you really thought about the question? how do you quantify intelligence for an average person living a normal life

75% is borderline retarded while the other 25% is normal to super intelligent

That's an average american. This TV show is right for them to brainwash so hard

Yup, that is definitely a nuanced and realistic picture of things..

Not talking about intelligence, that's mostly genetic. I'm talking about general knowledge, how informed you are, just, not being ignorant overall. I feel like throughout my life I've seen way more americans than other nationals being clueless about shit like ww2, being able to name the oceans, planets. Crap that I've considered common knowledge my entire life

it happened in the soviet union, close enough

americans have intelligence just not knowledge, they dont rly teach anything in schools and most people don't need to know a lot to get by, especially about things that happened in other countries

If I had to guess you aren't taking into account your bias, of course people living in europe will know more about WW2 than somebody living an ocean away.

Compare the average american's knowledge of WW2 to that of somebody from Japan. It is a pointless thing to do.

abcactionnews.com/news/national/survey-41-percent-of-americans-dont-know-what-auschwitz-is

The shocking thing is that even abc gets it wrong.
>The survey found that nearly half of all Americans — 41 percent — couldn't identify Auschwitz, a concentration camp [...]

It's a city in Poland. What they are referring to is the "Auschwitz concentration camp".

No. But their "dumbs" are the dumbest of the world

>

Attached: no you're right's.jpg (500x639, 55K)

I don't live in north america or asia but I still know a lot about their history, geography, culture. And it's not something I've intentionally went out of my way to learn, it's just shit that I've picked up over the years or learned in school. In my experience, americans lack that fairly often

Keep in mind that 350 were foreigners or imported post war scientists with american nationality.

Oh and to add to that, you guys were 1 of the major actors in ww2, it's not like it's some unknown foreign war

does the average person in european countries actively search for information like this? I think it's more of a public school issue than anything

40% of americans have never left the country, their entire knowledge of the world is based on what they see on tv and their historical knowledge is either incredibly biased or non existent

Who your fooling Aleksander, absolute .majority of the people here have the image od turkey when someone says asia, and the only country they can point in the continent
Peoplw dont even know europe with the exeption of italy france and germany
Balkan doesnt count

I can't answer about the average person since intellectually, I'm definitely from average (this isn't some cringe brag or anything, it's just that objectively I've been a huge nerd my entire life) but everyone around me seems to know a fair bit about everything. They rarely say pants on head retarded things. Might be a personal bias though since being a nerd means I mostly hang out with other nerds

In Germany and Austria we are force fed this in School.
They don't seem to buy into our "we wuz victims" narrative, while for the Auschwitz-guys (Poland) it worked out fine.

because only russian/ukrainian fags get butthurt about that distinction. i don't even know or care which side it is belarus or ukraine. so just say russia is close enough. 3rd worlders have a wrong assumption that since they care and know about us they think we need to do the same.

imagine the average person from your shithole.
why are you so delusional.

Can you blame them? We're isolated by two oceans

close to 100% of brits only leave uk to go cyprus or spain to get shitfaced and destroy property. that's the 'international travel' for you lmao

>Oh and to add to that, you guys were 1 of the major actors in ww2, it's not like it's some unknown foreign war
I mean for somebody who says they know so much about WW2 it's surprising you don't know that Japan was also one of the major actors in WW2 as well

so this thread is basically a tribute to you, how smart you are (maybe you are), in other words you are projecting your own anecdotal experience onto others. most people are retarded. period. i've heard euros ask really retarded questions about america when i visited europe.

what did they ask user

That is because 90% of the countries are not worth visiting. Just poverty shitholes, war torn, copypaste of the US, or plain boring with nothing to see. There is a reason the top tourism destinations have been the same 5 places for decades by a huge margin from everyone else

1. The schools, they're barely mandatory and are already shitty as is.
We are taught to remember facts for a short amount of time so that we get the biggest number on tests.
You can also attribute the lack of historical knowledge most Americans have on the schools too since its almost 100% American History you learn here, the non-American history you learn is basically Columbus, Brits r ebil, Slavery, & Holocaust.

2. Intelligence isn't promoted or helped to develop, in fact it is completely optional and preferred if you aren't cuz you might dissent or something

im actually kind of interested, how do they teach WW2 in Austria? here in the states or at least from what I've experience we talk about different battle, the brutality of war and what people our age at the time were going through. some cool as shit to be honest.

our schools have mandatory book lessons where you're pretty much forced to read 4 books a year, every American (International School) refused to read some of them even claimed illnesses to escape it

books are gay

books are gay, I'll rather be playing fortnite with my friends.

Intelligence is genetically inherited, retard.

or, and stick with me here, if the people around are stupid you'll grow up to be like them, you should know what I'm talking about.

they are taught that the real ww2 only happened in europe and the rest of it was just some pillow fight.

some random shit. stupid stereotypes. For example they all seem to think that LA is the coolest place on Earth and everyone wants to live there. Also about measurement systems. one lady asked since we use imperial then maybe there is an imperial second that is different than the european second. i said yes that's why there is a 6 hour time difference. i am not giving the country name since that will make their posters feel bad unnecessarily. oh and most of them slavs are obsessed that we supposedly cannot call blacks blacks. and just overall stupid shit about race. basically Jow Forums tier. and we haven't been to the moon since there is no shadows and it's all fake. they believe in all kinds of conspiracies. and they also think that an open window can kill you since the movement of cold air around your body is deadly. they call it 'drafts'. AC and ice in drinks absolutely horrifies them. A simple concept that it is not cold air but viruses that give you cold is absolutely alien to them. And these people meme about vaccinations. Oh the muh GMO shit is fucking hilarious. They don't know what that is exactly but they are absolutely horrified by it and think they can grow boobs if they eat american food that's why it is banned in europe.

that is true

americans have no self control, their first instinct is to just throw themselves into any situation or say anything without thinking about it. So they do dumb shit alot, despite some of them not being dumb.

The louder ones are actually fucking retarded though.

well you're from Texas so that doesn't say much

>that is the kind of cultured person who posts dilate and other foul verbal diarrhea directed at trans people
ebin

Americans have no filter especially the idiots so a small percentage make everyone else look stupid. It also doesnt help that our trash media and news is exported around the world. Meanwhile people from countries where the average IQ, test scores, education level, etc. are well below ours pretend that they know the average American like:
You honestly would have to live here a while and not in some backwater, travel around and make friends to get an idea of what a typical American is like. Unfortunately, that isn't an option for most people. BTW if you think Americans are retarded, the majority of the illegals and third world immigrants are brain dead.

statistical they're about average by developed world standards. probably a bit above average if you exclude the black people.
oecd.org/pisa/pisa-2015-results-in-focus.pdf
see page 5.

If you knew more third worlders, you'd see how wrong that statement is.

>he thinks it's the brownies
top kek who's gonna tell him

are you actually retarded or are you just saying to fool yuros because they're stupid enough to believe this?

my brother married to white trash yanks, i have seen your people up close in person.

You have no self control mechanism there.

this is true, it helps out in some situations where violence is necessary, I think it's because they grew up with niggers

he's not wrong user, for some reason we have a ton of confidence and blurt out things despite never actually thinking it through.

t. Kaaskop

so you are talking about trash? or 'your people'? or all of them are trash? make up your mind, roach

cope lmao

>Keep in mind that 350 were foreigners or imported post war scientists with american nationality.
Wow its almost like you could look it up instead of spewing bullshit you fucking moron.

Almost 250 were born and educated here.

>Since its inception in 1901, the Nobel Prizes and the Prize in Economic Sciences have been awarded 579 times to 911 people and organizations. The U.S. alone has had more than 350 Nobel winners. More than 100 of these have been immigrants and individuals born outside of the United States.

Also note the individuals born outside the U.S., they aren't immigrants.

Attached: 1524509420609.jpg (588x823, 75K)

When did I ever say that japan wasn't 1 of the major actors lmfao.

>the individuals born outside the U.S. that came to the U.S. after birth aren't immigrants.

Attached: 1506551262568.png (400x400, 281K)

Just read the euro's posts itt and you will know they are dumb as fuck. Although most euro posters are refugees some dumb turks etc but still.

>>the individuals born outside the U.S. that came to the U.S. after birth aren't immigrants.

You're a fucking moron too. If americans live abroad for work or the military and have a kid, then return to the U.S. they arent immigrants.

Attached: a33.png (558x614, 45K)

assblasted by FACTS and LOGIC

>probably above average if you exclude the poor uneducated people
you dont say

>so this thread is basically a tribute to you, how smart you are (maybe you are)
Not the point of the thread at all. It's just me asking if others have the same opinion as me and if my anecdotal experiences actually represent reality. As far as being smart goes, I don't claim to be some super genius or anything, I was just lucky to grow up in an educated family that promoted the value of knowledge and instilled curiosity for a lot of topics. I'm just an average med student, very very far from anything exceptional intellectually, but not exactly the "average" person either

stop replying to me, filth. i am talking about european flags not roaches. you are even dumber lmao

my nigga, that's one (1) person out of 350 million. that's like me picking some thot from your country who loves white cock and then automatically assuming that everyone in Turkey loves white cock. like my nigga, you gotta think, use that brain power, like nigga use your ingenuity

they just say the first thing that comes into their head

Since America is the center of the world is more normal to hear about them than other nationalities, that's why the plain amount of dumb americans you see is higher compared to other not so relevant countries that are not as represented. Look at this board for example, almost half of the flags are american, it's just common sense that more of them will be ignorant/dumb/retarded

dude turkey is isis tier outside of a couple of more or less civilized villages in the western turkey. imagine if one of them marries into some white trash. that's an instant celebrity status lmao. they must be really really proud.

In reply to me comparing American and Japanese common knowledge on WW2 you responded with
>Oh and to add to that, you guys were 1 of the major actors in ww2, it's not like it's some unknown foreign war
Implying that Japan was not also a major actor in WW2.

it's not a fair comparison, no non-African country has as many black people as them.

Turkey islamic you fatfuck, if a girl married a white she would be honour killed
We muslims are not cucks like you guys

nice joke, all you have to do is pretend to convert and you are worshipped

You cant just pretend, you mist cut your foreskin, go to the mosque and pray
Which is why if you convert you are not white

this

americans already do that stuff but with church and pretending to be christian or whatever other religion

literally barely have to change your routine, only difference is you can't have a beer with her father or brother

Honestly this. To converse with us, you have to put in effort and learn our internet slang and language.
Americans just hop in and start memeing, because this site is a joke to most USA flags
This is due to how edgy people are seen in this country, just google Jow Forums comps in Utube, and you'll see how most Americans are just making fun of the site
I know i just come here to talk shit and meme, and many other USA flags do too.

>dude turkey is isis tier outside of a couple of more or less civilized villages in the western turkey
Istanbul, which holds 1/5 of Turkey's population on its own, is about on par with Spain or Italy going by GDP PPP per capita.

You literally have no idea about islamic socities, typical american retard

it happens every day, seethecope

>seething this hard
go back home to Albania, sand nigger

I was replying to what you said about how it's unfair to compare euro and american knowledge of ww2 because europeans would automatically know more about it, which is why I said that your country was 1 of the major actors and therefore your argument is invalid

And so is Japan, who know much less than Americans about WW2. You don't really seem to smart bud

>WWII is the most important thing to Eurocucks
>WWII to Americans was just another night out with the boys
yawnnnnn, who gives a fuck about some white boys killing eachother??

It's not wrong

My dude, I'm comparing the knowledge of europeans and the knowledge of americans. I have no idea how much japs know or dont know about it. I never once mentioned them in any of my posts. You're the only one yammering about them

>My dude
>Copies American slang
Yikes, is our culture that strong????

But every country as an underclass. Americans always try to weasel out by saying that without their blacks they would be so much better, but that's a stupid remark because then I could say "well if you look at white parisians only then we are the richest country in the West". That's not how it works.

What do you think the whole topic of the thread is? Do you believe your country is the only one that exists? Europe is at best the 3rd most relevant region of the planet now

Is this a surprise to you? You're the world's biggest economy and 1 of the highest earners, and for the past century or so, a lot of talented people from around the globe have moved there so you've become the de facto hub and center for art and science which has lead to a giant cultural influence around the western world

But nice attempt at dodging the actual topic which is how nonsensical your replies were. Anyways I'm done replying to you, go try being an ebic internet debate shampiun somewhere else, it might even work

Fren my country has like 1.8 million people at this point, we've never been relevant historically and not once did I say otherwise. I have no idea what your reply has to do with what I said

>Thinks i'm the same mutt
Yikes, thanks for sucking our dicks for a bit. Everyone who doesn't have more than 20 (too lazy to count lol) stars on their flag is literally irrelevant.

Shut the fuck up, muttsie

Okay let me break it down for you I guess, you asked are american's really dumber. So, are they dumber relative to who? Just to your country? Your region? The entire world? If the latter, as would make the most sense, why would it be irrelevant to compare to different countries especially one that is considered to be above average (Japan)?

Why is everyone so obsessed with America?

I did say "western people" in the OP.
Idk why you got so hung up on ww2, it's literally just 1 random example that first came to mind while I was typing that reply

>Average Brazilian hwite has 20% nigger blood
AHAHAHAHHAA

you also asked if they were dumber

>Idk why you got so hung up on ww2
you were literally the one who started with WW2 when I asked what you mean when talking about intelligence