ITT: Jow Forums in 1870

ITT: Jow Forums in 1870

Attached: 1870-chicago-white-stockings.jpg (3000x1936, 1.42M)

I voted.

On the current events between the Prussians and France.

That frog empire had it coming to be honest, don't forget that gilded idiot on their throne is the same rube that entertained notions of giving aid to the southern insurrection.

Now that it's over, who was in the wrong here?

Attached: paragay.png (481x308, 26K)

fuckin hell I'm starving

food please

move here, we're practically giving away farmland

Grandpa celebrated his 40th birthday today, he's the eldest man in town.

What a rush, now I'm back to starvation

Yep i'm free now, what could possible go wrong?

aw shit here goes nothing

Attached: 2b76c07cbb85f08e3dea65f751b4c09d8a0718f02c272bc211ff5ab776e06e13.jpg (640x432, 100K)

It's been five years since the war. When are the Yank troops going to finally go home?

Frenchbros...

Attached: 1476972910557.jpg (2036x1523, 1.45M)

Attached: Sexy british empire.jpg (1134x768, 304K)

我很厭倦建造這條鐵路

Who the fuck keeps Benito Juarez at the presidency? He's a traitor and just keep shitting mexico up, I hope someone rebels against him.

well, you barbarians have yet to convince anyone you're not going to return to your anticivil ways.

it would be a pity if the injustices of that old system had to be redressed in the future

The fools didn't pay any attention to the war against the rebels and they still think sending cavalrymen to attack rifle pits is a good idea. If only they'd put aside this conceit that Americans are stupefied rustics who have nothing to teach anyone.

what I presume to be south africa not being a boer is always a head scratcher

We need settlers for the Dakota Territory. Come one, come all!

James Fisk and Jay Gould. Two greater thieves were never had.

*dabs on the frogs*

Attached: 95001241.jpg (1024x1272, 107K)

Feels good to have the dixiecucks under our boot. Hopefully we can elect a radical republican who’ll tear down their whole society and rebuild it with civilized Yankee values.

>The 1870 US Census found the population at 38 million people, a 22% increase over 1860. France was the only nation in the Western world with a greater population.

if Agincourt was any indication the french are slow to learn such equine lessons, having been first taught at Crecy the shortcomings of engaging powerfully positioned missile infantry with horse.

This pattern is seen again on the fields of Waterloo, and here now in their latest ruin.

Wanna head out west with me and shoot some redskins?

Sure why not? My family's plantation was trashed by the Yankees and all three of my brothers are dead. There's nothing left in Mississippi for me.

not really feeling this whole "confederation" thing lads. hope my colony doesn't get absorbed.

>Notorious in the financial world were two young millionaires, "Jubilee Jim" Fisk and Jay Gould. The corpulent Fisk, bold, imprudent, and unprincipled, often rode through the streets of NYC in a carriage with a posse of female admirers at his side. He provided the "brass" and Gould the brains. The slippery duo concocted a plan in 1869 to corner the gold market. Their ploy would only work if the Treasury refrained from selling gold. The conspirators worked on the pliant President Grant directly and also with his brother-in-law, who was paid $25,000 for his complicity. On "Black Friday", September 24, 1869, Fisk and Gould frantically bid the price of gold skyward, driving hundreds of honest businessmen to ruin. The bubble burst when the Treasury, contrary to the president's supposed assurances, was forced to release gold. A Congressional probe concluded that Grant had acted foolishly, but did nothing wrong or illegal.