Please STOP visiting Shetland

Our islands are being overrun by southerners, primarily from England. Our youth are getting influenced by Americanised media and are losing their dialect day by day. Our folklore and culture are dying out, perhaps all together within the next 30 years.
I ask of you, PLEASE stop visiting Shetland. You have overstayed your welcome.

Attached: 92034B78-D14C-4FFA-9E4B-63D12B4ED66E.png (1033x620, 7K)

Serves you right for stealing our flag

Come back to us, Hjaltland
Norway will fix

What if non-english and non-americans visit though?

I'm sorry us lowlanders aren't protecting you. if I was king the English would be banned from entering Scotland.

hví tosa hjaltlændingur ænsku?

>shartland

Attached: 1549386657849.jpg (1111x597, 379K)

What are your thoughts on the new Doctor Who?

If you don't revive the Norn language, you're no different from the english

Your flag is but an amalgamation of ours and the United States’.
Take us home.
Only for tourism.
I appreciate the sentiment.
Women should not be doctors.
Efforts are being made.

Good, welcome home brother

>Only for tourism.
Well obviously, why else would we come?

There are many “fae da sooth end” that are arriving here for leisure, then find it to be an appropriate place to work. It’s appalling. Please do not bide here.

Do you mean europe south, scotland or england south? Why would you want to work there though, the biggest city is like 7k citizens, right?

>Your flag is but an amalgamation of ours and the United States’.
>british education

I mean anyone south of Shetland.
The biggest town is Lerwick, which has more than 10,000 residents. The reason as to why anyone would want to work here escapes me.

What about residents of the Orkneys?

>anglos copying other anglos

What's wrong with this

Do not name Orkney “the Orkneys”. The residents will have you castrated in public should you utter that misnomer in their presence.
We share a kinship with any native resident of the northern isles. Orcadians are more than welcome to live here.

Our people have no anglo blood. We are 100% celto-nordic.

>Do not name Orkney “the Orkneys”. The residents will have you castrated in public should you utter that misnomer in their presence.
o-ok, i'm sorry. Didn't know that's such a touchy topic

You guys voted to stay in the union and your losing your unique accent from what I've heard. Plus your not actually becoming Americanized, sucking down a Coke at a McDonald's while listening to pop music isn't American culture

you aren't scottish or english, just declare independence already.

>sucking down a Coke at a McDonald's while listening to pop music isn't American culture

Attached: download (1).jpg (189x267, 7K)

shetland? more like SHITland! lmao

Attached: 1560646384432.png (600x580, 817K)

Similarly, if you were to call Shetland “the Shetlands” we shall have your neck strung up from the highest branch in the isles.
Unfortunately, there are no trees here so that branch is not very high at all.
Excuse me, but what “union” are you talking about? Are you referring to the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum? That referendum was not in Shetland’s best interest at all. Our rural and traditionalist attitude does not favour change.
Some day. We are quite literally being used as a pawn for the UK to claim more North Sea territory. Help us.

Why is that though?

>Americanised
*americanized
Achmed, you should leave or at least visit a proper school where they teach your kind how to spell words correctly.

why not revive the original celt language instead of the norn anglo/nord mutt gobeldygook?

>german education

“ised” is the British suffix to “ized” words.

>>Americanised
>*americanized
the irony

Dude, like, why do you have to act like such snowflakes all the time. Just write like normal human beings. You're not being extra.

Why doesn't Germany just adopt English as it's language already? It's much more useful stop trying to be different.

Yes the Scottish referendum.

Fake post. Nobody lives in Shetland.

Viking setters killed them off. Something like 90% place names are Norse in origin

Gaelic is not, and never has been, a native language of the Northern Isles. Norn was a Germanic language which was native to here, of which our dialect has influences from.

My sister is a primary school teacher. Quite a few of her friends moved to Shetland. You have a teacher shortage - that's one reason to move.

It is nothing more than an irksome misnomer. “The Shetlands” is a name which is often used by foreigners that try to acclimate to Shetland, but fail miserably.

That much is true. However, that would result in our children being influenced by authority figures foreign to the isles, which I am not in favour of.

Well, run for parliament then with a no mainlanders allowed policy - sure it'll go down very well. Normal people who aren't NEETs and just need a job doing what they trained to do don't care about such things.

>Unitedstatian is the "normal" one
>Not some shitty colonial dialect
Dude everyone in Europe learns proper British English, fuck off you mutt lover.

Attached: 1543753186135.png (500x500, 45K)

Our council cares not for the cultural impact migration has inflicted on Shetland. They simply want more finances to play around with since they receive considerably low funding from the Scottish government.
However, ask any local for their opinion on the English and it will generally be disdain.
In short; fuck off, we’re full.

Would you guys resettle the Falkland islanders if they were kicked out from South America?

Do they have sheep to breed with?

Attached: 1560932433697.jpg (500x375, 34K)

I fucking hate Americans, they ruin everything.

Attached: 4449101481_31b4f04eba_b.jpg (760x1023, 323K)

Okay Achmed

ok hans paco gonzales deshaun smith o'connpr

Same

Shetland is just Shitland said with a Scottish accent.

This is correct.
Shetlanders pronounce Shetland as "Shitland" in our dialect.

stop larping and go get your bennies angus

>German education

Desu the landscape of the Shetlands looks like a discount version of the Farose Islands.

shetland more like shitland lmao

Attached: 1555408337425.jpg (1000x1000, 108K)

>Women should not be doctors.
based

>sucking down a Coke at a McDonald's while listening to pop music isn't American culture
wrong

Very few people here are names Angus. I am not LARPing (Live Action Role Playing).
It is desu.

>Meme

nice

join the bois over here and we can all finally conquer england once and for all

We are geographically challenged enough as it is, we would not want to unite with the mentally challenged as well.

i might visit shitland one day just to spite you, faggot

I shall eagerly await your arrival, wooden club in hand.

No you wont, retarded anglo

Based Kraut!

Didn't even know you existed. Now that I do, I will visit and bring my wife and her boyfriend.

>You guys voted to stay in the union and your losing your unique accent from what I've heard. Plus your not actually becoming Americanized, sucking down a Coke at a McDonald's while listening to pop music isn't American culture

Oh no! He is retarded

Shitlanders have as much Anglo blood as the rest of England. Now go cry to your missus Baailey while I laugh myself to sleep.

Attached: af2581fc830441667b2d242d5fc6ec4c.gif (800x546, 75K)