Wow, I never realized how many languages are spoken in Europe. Which ones do you speak, Eurobros?

Wow, I never realized how many languages are spoken in Europe. Which ones do you speak, Eurobros?

Attached: europe languages.png (864x719, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8IiomCM0VI
youtu.be/AAekyLCSmkM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZM6AjW2F0uM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergish_dialects
youtube.com/watch?v=cJbhb3VAuf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Polish
Russian
English
Many of those are dialects and not languages.

ah, yeah, I speak Albanian

Croatian.

There is no Serbo-Croatian language, btw.

What are those blue dots between Germany and Poland?

Arabic

Mashallah

NO ONE speaks these here expect for Tatar

>Nogay

Attached: putin grinning.png (229x287, 96K)

swedish, english, mandarin

What? They even have news channels in their languages

Slovene and English

*Serbo-Croatian
*There is no Croatian language, btw.

fixed!

Kasubian I assume.
There are 3 Slavic languages, the rest of them are dialects.

>bavarian and alemannic classified separatedly from german
>half of southern italy classified as italian instead of neapolitan

>There are 3 Slavic languages, the rest of them are dialects.

Why Serbo-Croatian split into so many languages, but here no different versions of it are shown, but dialects of other languages like Silesian appear?

Isn't Serbo-Croatian split into 3 dialects, and the standardised version used in those 4 countries is all based on the same for some reason?

>West Polesian

Attached: 1556475131170.jpg (720x677, 27K)

Attached: Serbo_croatian_dialects_historical_distribution.png (1239x1051, 31K)

>Low German next to German
It's called High German.

>Italian next to other Italian languages
It's Tuscan

>Spanish next to other Spanish languages
Castilian

It has the same color as Bavarian but I don't know if they're related.

你为什么学习汉语? 要中国辣妹吗?

>Isn't Serbo-Croatian split into 3 dialects, and the standardised version used in those 4 countries is all based on the same for some reason?

The standardised version of Serbo-Croatian was split into three language in the late 20th century. The Croats and Bosnians changed the pronunciation of the jat from -e- to -ije- and both adopted a bunch of foreign words to replace Serbian ones: Croatian took Slovenian words (which they call Kajkavian) and a vulgarized form of the Slovenian infinitive (-t instead of -ti) where it only had the Balkan sprachbund infinitive with to (da) before and Bosnian revived old Ottoman term and that is the entire difference between those three languages.

I never knew I spoke Flemish, but thanks.

Kajkavian is former Slovenian dialects that have been influenced by Serbian for centuries and Chakavian is the old Croatian language that got supplanted by Serbian as well in official use. They're called dialects for political reasons.

>split into 3 dialects,

Croatian alone is split in 3 main dialects.

>Slovenian is a Croatian dialect

fix

>the 'standard dialect' of the 'Croatian language' has the interrogative 'šta'
>one of the dialects of the same language has the completely unrelated interrogative 'kaj'

...said no one ever. That is like calling German the 'wassavian dialect of the English language'

Why are Slovenes like this? What made you this way?

I speak:
Latvian
English
Russian
German
Can understand most Slavic languages 10-60%
Lithuanian 30%

Regarding that map:
If Latgalian is a language I also know that one.
Livonian in dead.

Slovenes haven't existed before the 19th century.
You're northern Croatians and you speak a northern Croatian language.

Scaniæn

I speak the language of love

Castilian Spanish
German
English
Basque
French

What happened to Livonian? I mean the whole region was called Livonia, and then boom those people are gone.

Unfortunately many of these are moribund

It irks us that Croatian is somehow an ethnicity, nationality and language without having any distinguishing features of its own, being a frankenstein's monster of 90% Serbian and 10% Slovenian influences, held together by an undeniable historical record of statehood. And yet this frankenstein's monster makes territorial claim to Slovenia and disputes Slovenian protected geographic designations in Brussels.

算是因為台灣女生的關係吧

Turkish?

English

Kajkavian is Croatian since long before anything named Slovenia existed or even anyone had the idea anything called Slovenia could ever exist. If you are as stupid as you are pretending you are free to read it up.

You are an invented country like Kosovo
with no own language and no own culture besides cargo-culting to be German and speaking variants of a Croatian sub-language. Even the name of your country and the language just means "Slavic". To us you are like Ukraine is to Russians or even less. Make dealings.

>entirety of south Albania greek speaking
Meanwhile in reality

Why are these meme maps always so exaggerated?

Attached: Language_in_Albania_with_%25[1].png (275x537, 17K)

>Slovenes haven't existed before the 19th century.

no, we are clearly mentioned several times in the early 16th century. You know, the time when no-one around Zagreb and Sisek called themselves Croatian, but only Slovenian.

Not really gone but assimilated.
They spoke language related to Estonian and really unintelligible to rest of Latvians.

It's even hard to find vids of language and I never met even an old person who spoke it.
youtube.com/watch?v=E8IiomCM0VI

there's no such thing as a sublanguage and a dialect that does not use the same interrogative as its supposed standard version is no dialect of that language. What the Croatian 'ethnicity' realls is just the catholic millet of the Ottoman empire, a caste of dhimmi who mixed Arabic and Western influences and spoke the local western Balkan lingo, which happened to be Serbian.

This Livonian song is masterpiece.

youtu.be/AAekyLCSmkM

Very nice find, friend.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZM6AjW2F0uM
In this the women without glases sings in Livonian and the other woman in Estonian (I think)

Well these are dialects.. Sardinian only in Italy is officially considered a language. Anyway, I speak Italian knowing some piemontese/lombardo.

speak Danish, English, Spanish (and also Jap)
I want to learn French, German and Russian someday as well, in that order. And maybe Latin and Greek too.

Is this language completely incomprehensible for Latvians or do you have some common words?

I heard that the Finno-Ugric influence on the Latvian language is strong, first syllable stressed etc.

Whoever made this map had no fucking idea what he is doing.

the way german dialects are divided is absolutely random. something tells me its the same for other groups

It's the least understandable European language I could think of. Estonians sound nice and ''sing-songy'' and Livonian sounds similar but with Latvian ''roughness''

Tatar, Bashkir, English
And fucking Russian that I'd prefer to forget.

this one

Maltese, English, and some Italian.

Chechens? Bashkirs? Karels?

>There is no Serbo-Croatian language
you're right
it should be called Serbo-Bosnian since it almost isn't native to Croatia in the first place

Thanks for the answer.

German
English
Currently learning mandarin

Germany can be divided in quite a few different ways when it comes to spoken language. The approach in your image is rather simple and I assume that also applies for a lot of the European countries.

>tfw when there are no dialects in your language

>There are 3 Slavic languages, the rest of them are dialects.
lol
>flag
>Lithuanian 30%
Wait, so the closest language to your native is not-so intelligible? Hm, i always thought of Latvian and Lithuanian as of Ukrainian and Belarussian.

Do you mean Russian?

Kajkavian Croatian existed in these parts before Bosnian and Serb migrations. It was the official language of Croatia proper for many centuries. The only reason people today would say it's Slovene is because official Croatian is now based on Bosnian. Your language could have very well been called Croatian if real Kajkavian was still the official standard in this country. And by ''real'' I mean the pure Kajkavian before Bosnian and Serb migrations.

Let's say that with my Russian language skills I understand Serbian or Ukrainian better than with my Latvian language I understand Lithuanian.
Lithuanian is the only Language close to Latvian. Sometimes I understand more than a half but rarely. Lithuanians sometimes use old and forgotten words old Latvian grannies use so...it's interesting.

I like how in those meme maps they always have some Macedonians in in South-Western Bulgaria.

Attached: pf.jpg (400x240, 39K)

>Zeeland
>Flemish

Attached: 1425748.jpg (1280x720, 171K)

>Italian dialects are separated
>Macedonian
>Kajkavian and Chakavian are under Serbo-Herzegshit
My grandparents speak a Venetian subdialect native to Croatia and it sometimes sounds closer to standard Italian than those two are to Bosnian.

Attached: 1547214375311.jpg (540x340, 19K)

We have completely different culture but these jonges are universal.

By the way, do you understand Afrikaans?

Attached: lads.gif (320x180, 2.24M)

trash map, wtf is that smudge on bucharest

Romani

romanian german english french

english speakers sound like a very pretentious 8th Century Saxon who want to sound smart by using French and Latin words everywhere.

Native language: German
Learned : English, Russian and French
I can also understand my local dialect Bergisch Platt. See this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergish_dialects

Native: European Portuguese
Learned: English, French, German
Can understand: Spanish, Italian

>poitevin
>arpitan
>saintongeais
>gascon
>gallo
>lorrain
>franc-comtois

These languages are no longer spoken nowadays.

Faroese
Danish
Neo-norwegian (norwegian)
norwegian (dano-norwegian)
Swedish
English
Scots
okayish icelandic
shit german
probably also the swedish dialects, can't be bothering to research them though.

Russian
English
Fr*nch
Also 汉语 a little

Welsh and English

Gallo and Norman are either extremely rare or mutually intelligible with French and thus not languages.

it's not supposed to represent the present-day majority language, retard.

>Neo-norwegian (norwegian)
>Norwegian (dano-norwegian)
BASED

>probably also the swedish dialects,
doubt.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=cJbhb3VAuf4

Most Swedes do not understand these local northern dialects.