Do americans really ... do this?

Do americans really ... do this?

Attached: america.jpg (1080x1045, 387K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/national/man-accused-racist-receipt-fiasco-sues-waitress-restaurant-article-1.1804250
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tip-shaming is America's national sport

Attached: c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg (636x358, 28K)

This isn't even our final form.

Attached: k9op60tjuho11.jpg (732x626, 60K)

This shit wouldn’t be a problem if the owners paid their workers well

That's communism!

>order one meal for 10 dollars
>I should leave 1 dollar tip

>order one meal for 100 dollars
>I should leave 10 dollars tip

But the work done by the waiter is the same.

They're legally obligated to make up the difference between tips and minimum wage, you retards.

>15%
That's snotty to flip out over that amount.

The virgin wagie vs. the chad patron

Attached: 635759964452174303-notip-082415.jpg (534x712, 46K)

the percentage based system is retarded, whether i ordered a $10 plate or a $40 plate, the waiter will bring it to me the exact same way.

Wanna go to the US to eat out for 39,95, hand the waitress 40 Dollars and then say “you can keep the change”

kek

I don't understand why waitress/waitresses want more than $2. They do the job all day, and sometimes get up to $20 per customer. It's not like they aren't making thousands per day in a job that practically anyone can do.

>tfw

Attached: Screenshot_20190620-012244~2.png (1080x1412, 721K)

I went to canada this year. I din't understand the payterminal thing that they gave me. So i asked about it. "Oh thats the tipping screen" she said. To wich i replied " i just want to pay, no tip".
>mfw i gave the terminal back.

Attached: 27FC9F10CBA1469CAF68BF086334748E.jpg (499x497, 24K)

You know what would happen.

Attached: DLVp560.jpg (710x828, 89K)

>not staring at her until she gives you your 5 cents change

>0.2$
Nice

It's literally capitalism

Based
Ok this is epic

Why do you always write the tip on the bill? Or is that just for card payment
I don’t know how you pay at restaurant in America, do you just hand them your credit card and trust they will charge the right amount or will they bring the machine to your table?

>Americas Craaaziest Burgers!

>America's craaaaziest burgers!

Attached: 1505938439421s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

>>order one meal for 100 dollars
>>I should leave 10 dollars tip
Not really you probably ordered a lot of shit for 100 dollars and 10 dollars wont get you much.
I dont see the problem with not topping for shit service but the kitchen could be the problem too.

It's just an example. If I go to a fancy restaurant I can surely order an expensive (one) meal.

They oddly at some places have to do the salads so if it's cheaper they may do more work.

In the UK in most places, you just leave money on the table before you leave and after you pay.

Tipping culture is of course awful but helping out broke college kids with a decent one isn't the worst thing in the world sometimes. I've only actually felt compelled to tip just because of excellent service like twice in my life though. And by God, there are few pleasures on this Earth greater than leaving an awful one as an insult.

Anyway restaurants are shit and should all be abolished. Especially the mediocre boomer chains, at the very least.

Nobody becomes a waiter to earn minimum wage, they become a waiter to earn $25+/hour doing something that anybody with arms, legs and a semi-functional memory can do.

>waiting for an hour

>4 guests
>Lesean
>$0.20 tip
Like pottery

>tfw always a good tipper

Attached: emmmm.jpg (1080x1349, 171K)

Maybe he was a gent who left a cash tip because taxation is theft

>LeSean

>circumcised American
>good tipper
From birth eh...

>favorite restaurant automatically calculates tip on the bill now
This why I unironically prefer fast-food

Attached: 1511475234633.png (658x555, 55K)

Only time I've felt obligated to tip was when I was the only white customer in a steak and shake at 2 in the morning. Everyone else was black.

I tried to look for that place in google street view. Turned out it's closed for good.
THANKS NO TIPPERS!

>do you just hand them your credit card and trust they will charge the right amount

That's exactly what happens, when you write a tip on the receipt you're giving them permission to charge you for more than what the meal costs.

Actually, what happens is they swipe your card first THEN bring you the receipt, and that's when you write the tip down.

Fast food place have those. Fucking jews, I never tip.

i never tip

Attached: 3c7.jpg (600x600, 30K)

Highly doubtful the saying, "Niggers don't tip" isnt a meme. He was probably obnoxious as well.
t.College girlfriend was a waitress

Based

Strange system
So if I ever go to the US I will have to remember to always pay cash at restaurants

As in it's suggested or you automatically have to pay it? If it's the later than it's no different than it will be money wise if tipping ends. They arent going to pull the paycheck out of the air.

I've noticed Asian buffets in "diverse" areas now automatically add 3-5$ to the bill to avoid niggers walking out on them without tipping.
Chinks don't play.

here's a tip, don't piss into the wind, hahaha
*walks out*

>Eating at restaurant in the ghetto.
>Old White couple leaves 20$ tip.
>4 year old niglet grabs it and gives it to his mom who puts it in her purse.
>Everyone saw it no one said anything.
God bless America.

Attached: 1557799050705.png (247x318, 69K)

I ate a pizza in this fucking shithole called warsaw with my friends and I tipped generously and decided we will split the cost on the way back home on the train.

I was stupid enough to not look at all the items on the receipt.
Turns out that brown fucking kike of an owner (he was italian) added a ~3EUR on the bill by himself already. And I paid that + my own tip.

Stopped tipping after that. Unless i'm with a girl and I'm really desperate to dick someone.

I never tip but whenever I go to a pub or something with my friends they always overreact to it, especially when there are girls with us. The worst was when one of my friends was so embarrassed by me not leaving a tip he pulled $5 and wanted to tip for me. I wanted to avoid making a scene so I just tipped but it is ingrained in a lot of people here so tipping is a must. They all have the same talking points as well, and they won't accept "not my problem that they agreed to these work conditions" as a legitimate argument.

No it's not

Of all the things in the world you could talk about why the fuck would you talk about this? Bunch of loonies on this board

Attached: 1549135746033.jpg (700x513, 43K)

>Complaining over 15%

Yikes, that's wonderfully generous

Does it works like that for the delivery guy too ?

I raise you.

Attached: ida21gzeza531[1].jpg (605x413, 28K)

Its often rude to tip here

always remember to times it by two...

Attached: 1544109172632.png (663x495, 93K)

Based smug veteran.

Then why the fuck are they all bitching about not getting tipped ?

To be fair, that's fucking bullshit. Waiters over there don't make a lot and rely on tips. And using the argument "why should the customer pay the worker's wage?", they already are by going to the establishment and purchasing the meals by which the owner uses that revenue to pay the workers

Because they can make 200$ in one night with tips

Attached: 0b85dfe0c84e3fbf2b4eba2561a230acb4915a336871a224e6b876edba4f9398.jpg (433x419, 31K)

The only places I eat out is fast food joints and it's physically impossible to tip there.

>waiting for an hour
was the restaurant owner spanish

apparently the owner has to make up the difference not made in tips to give them minimum wage, so no biggie.
and their fault for choosing a job with such an unreliable income source.

Bitch needs a slap.

Imagine getting paid 20$/hr ontop of your normal wage by doing the most menial job out there.

This cunt probably can't even pretend to be happy which is why I would never tip her.

give me money too

Why do you even tip the waiters?
>hey thanks for the delicious food you had nothing to do with other than carrying it to my table but for some reason I am supposed to pay you for that

>choosing
In a capitalist market, choice does not exist, you are coerced into doing innocuous jobs for the elite

If you go to a restaurant and ask for the food to eat it at home, do you need to tip?

Why would there be a tip for a buffet?

>MFW I make about £20 an hour as a waiter here
That being said, I'd never demand nor expect *every* table to tip and especially not at 20%. But I'm not an Americlap so.

you tip the guy who hands you the food

Extremely based and redpilled

Attached: 1557239241151.jpg (706x1024, 79K)

>writes in print letters
yep that's a miltard

>every restaurant and delivery service here has a service charge
>none of them come out to 20% of the meal cost because that would be considered ridiculous

America sounds a total shithole. I heard they even spit in your food if you tip less than they expect.

Attached: AEG.jpg (624x598, 62K)

Alright, fine. I'll rather just not eat out that way no one gets my fucking money and that poor waiter won't have a job. Fuck off.

Attached: Xj9SD.jpg (612x612, 86K)

i dont go into restaurants by myself, tipping gives me anxiety

Attached: 1553399332759.png (657x527, 29K)

Attached: horror-of-red-lobster-waitress-as-she-collects-check-from-customer-to-see-they-have-written-_none-ni (500x597, 27K)

>thousands per day
wew

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO GET MORE BASED THAN THIS?

Attached: 1539142782866.gif (367x219, 523K)

Absolutely based

to ask for a tip is fucked up
to reply so cringy its also fucked up

whats wrong with americans

BASED

>hides name instead of shaming them
>leaving a potential life-ruining racial slur while paying with a credit card that is tied to your name
I call fake

You pay and tip at the end. Food is cheaper in restaurants here because the owners don't have to pay the waiters as much

Even if it is she made out with $10k. Smart little nigress

Actually, the tip is meant to be split amongst everyone. Thing is most waiters just pocket it all for themselves if it's hard cash since they don't have to report it unlike an electronic tip.

nydailynews.com/news/national/man-accused-racist-receipt-fiasco-sues-waitress-restaurant-article-1.1804250

Yeah she faked it and ruined the man's name just for some cash. She got the 10k from an internet campaign. What a nasty bitch

why do people need to tip? why doesn't the boss just pay the waiter themselves?

Attached: question mark.png (250x418, 121K)

Fakest shit I ever saw

Went to the US for one day, heard all about their tipping culture, was a bit worried that I might fuck things up.
The hotel I stayed at included gratuity charges (I'm sure most in America too) but I still tipped the room service dude because I felt obligated to.
I am so fucking lame lmao Never going to that shithole ever again

Tipping culture is one of the gayest parts of the US. The worst part is that it doesn't even really lead to better service; maybe the servers do a little more fake friendliness but they're constantly rushing you to order so they can turn the table over and get more tips. In Europe you can take your time, nobody gives a shit even if you just order a couple of beers.

>In Europe you can take your time, nobody gives a shit even if you just order a couple of beers.
This. It was refreshing to experience.

I've actually done this. Went to a Korean BBQ restaurant with the boys. At the end we all had to pay $11.95 or something. Most of my friends paid with card and I was the last one. Gave him $12 and walked off

that is carryout and no you dont

This. Also in some states waiters get paid the normal wage so tipping there is double retarded

I don't but they will hand you a receipt with a line to add a tip (presumably it's just the standard receipt for all customers including the sit down ones)

everyone here writes in print though

strong WTF @ 20%. I only tip 10% and maybe 15% if the service was really good