What are some hated foreign species in in your country?

What are some hated foreign species in in your country?

In Japan snapping turtle

Attached: AS20180502003446_commL.jpg (300x225, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e7_x9178hT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Some dumb Japs brought snapping turtles to Japan to keep as pets
Those things aren't meant to be pets.

You idiots kept snapping turtles as pets?

I saw my first one of these the other week fishing. Caught it's tail with my hook and nearly got the fucker to shore. He was fucking massive. Who the fuck looks at that and says "Damn, that'd make a really cool pet."

Albanians

When I used to do fishing there was a very common fish called "blue something" and we were obliged to kill it because it is very invasive

Asian carp are overrunning our freshwater systems. Not very well liked by anyone I think and they’re making their way into the Great Lakes now.

Attached: B7B4F827-7932-4ED2-8E88-5F006D292BD9.jpg (832x600, 128K)

Arabs

That is the ancestor of the koi fish

You don't say.

Attached: emerald ash borer.jpg (290x174, 11K)

Bluegill?
>In some locations where they have been transplanted, they are considered pests: trade in the species is prohibited in Germany and Japan. In the case of Japan, bluegills were presented to the then-crown prince, Akihito in 1960 as a gift by Richard J. Daley, mayor of Chicago. The prince, in turn, donated the fish to fishery research agencies in Japan from which they escaped, becoming an invasive species which has wreaked havoc with native species, specifically in Lake Biwa in Shiga Prefecture. The emperor has since apologized.[5]

They're good cooking, and great for bait. But they are also extremely common.
Even in the US, where they are native. Most states have extremely high numbers you can keep.
Virginia has it set at 50

Also it kinda makes me happy that Japan is getting overran by a fish. Considering Kudzu

C-cute!

Attached: 800.jpg (800x600, 103K)

It’s a menace. Those are destroying the natural habitats (more than we have).

>they’re making their way into the Great Lakes now.
How ?
Also just eat them ffs.

If you hate an inferior species, it's because you're inferior.

I just hate my peers.

Attached: 1561390031995.jpg (477x599, 38K)

Ah yes, LA/eastTX swamp friend

asian hornet

Attached: 7896150_1e8513f8-bcc2-11e8-9c25-be3aae6acc9c-1_1000x625-717x420[1].jpg (717x420, 37K)

They’re moving up via the Mississippi and it’s tributaries. There’s literally too many, they reproduce like rats. Not to mention water pollution making it unhealthy to consume fish from the rivers frequently. Our freshwater systems are fucked.

That's an alligator snapping turtle though, isn't it?

They're one of America's kill on sight animals.

Attached: Asian-Carp-Distribution.jpg (398x292, 31K)

Wait Mississipi basin is linked to the Great Lakes ?

Attached: Mississippi_watershed.png (640x404, 467K)

snakeheads are pretty destructive too
>highly predatory
>invasive
>can crawl on land and into other bodies of water

Attached: frankenfish[1].gif (450x253, 3.72M)

So the answer is no ?

Mexcrements

I live down south in the US. We have a few ponds on our land, and I’ve shot many turtles the the ponds. They eat fish, so it’s simple population control.

Attached: D6A9E3AE-8D09-4AFA-9D74-EA3B0B49DA17.jpg (975x600, 62K)

???
Do you not see the Allegheny river that flows straight into Lake Ontario? That's all 1 connected river back to the Mississippi

I didn't notice, I'm honestly shocked to learn that the Great Lakes are linked to the fucking Gulf of Mexico.
If that's the only river connected just build a dam and laugh at them carps.

Water hyacinth is a serious invasive plant that clogs waterways and is banned from sale in Florida. In the northern US however it's fine because it will simply be killed off when cold weather comes.

There are probably hundreds of small tributaries as well.
It is neat though, one vast interconnected system stretching the entire continent from the Great Lakes to the pacific.

mosquitos and ticks, no matter if foreign or native

Yes!

Mississippi water shed is one of the largest on earth

>If that's the only river connected just build a dam and laugh at them carps.
You're not honestly suggesting damming the Mississippi are you?
That would destroy the breadbasket of the US and likely create the worst famine in history

why don't you eat them all?

Leaf birds

Attached: 75298411-1200px.jpg (1200x635, 49K)

>ticks
When I was a kid they were almost inexistant, we could play in the fields all day long without worries. Now I avoid contact with every single strand of grass.

Since 1998 it's required that wood used in packing materials imported into the US be heat-treated to make sure they're not carrying unwelcome passengers with them, although it's more like closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

Can't you make fertilizer or something out of them?

Catfish. It's a small kind of catfish not good to eat. They eat all other fishes egg damaging the local population. Also herons since they consume too much fish and spread like cancer

Absolute unit

Attached: affluents du Mississippi.jpg (920x512, 116K)

Japanese Knotweed. It's fucking everywhere in my area and near impossible to get rid of.

For whatever twisted reason it thrives in all the polluted ex mining waste which is everywhere

Attached: japanese-knotweed-bunch-spring-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 195K)

>You're not honestly suggesting damming the Mississippi are you?
No, this one Btw you already completely fucked up the Colorado, I wouldn't be surprised if you do that to the Mississipi.

We dammed our wstershed that its second largest to yours and didn't have any real problems. It can be controlled.

Damn, these carps won't be stopped anytime soon.

Oh, well even that would probably be worst than the cost.

Asian carp are a nuisance, but they're not that terrible.

The US is the worlds leading producer of Soybean, Corn, and Sorghum. All of which are extremely important food crops.

If we damned the Mississippi, and these places dried up, or anything bad happened, it'd have global repercussions.

Mate its 2020 almost, we know enough sbout engineering to dam a river without killings its flow, dont worry

The spring stems are edible; they're used in Japan in some kind of dish. Not surprising since the plant is related to rhubarb.

risk vs. reward

We control the risk now.

russians

Attached: ruSSians.jpg (604x339, 42K)

quite ironic coming from the country of shale oil

Muslims

It's fucking fish, mate. What harm would it do?

Destroy other fishes.

Japanese honeysuckle. Saw a huge mass of it along the roadside yesterday.

Tree of Heaven

asian hornet

Starlings, introduced by some moron who wanted all the birds in Shakespeare to be in the US.

>be cultured American
>ruin your environment
topkek

They are perfectly edible though.
youtu.be/e7_x9178hT4

I'm old enough to remember my childhood where these didn't exist here.

Attached: th.jpg (432x355, 42K)

It was actually some German-American douche who did it.

sure, but they're destroying the natural habitat. that's the point, they don't belong here and they're replacing native species.

They do smell absolutely vile.

Yeah, but i would be surprised to hear about some fish that smell good.

whoops, read the wrong post.

Norway Maple. Very bad evil tree that millions of stupid people have in their yard.

In your neck of the woods it's a very pretty tree. Here it is a weed from Hell that invades forests and forms dense stands like bamboo.

Yes, via a shipping canal in Chicago.

In California, eucalyptus.

p*les

Moroccans

*light a match*

Why are North American chad mammals so successful in Yurop? Grey squirrels and raccoons are gonna be everywhere in Europe in a century.

Attached: CCFDB37E-7381-4CCE-9647-14BEB18B3446.jpg (860x484, 75K)

Vipers are the only thing that comes to mind. A sort of small snake that lives in the mountains and often disturb people on traveling paths. They're not deadly but their venom is painful af

Attached: D39TmE2U4AAA8JE.jpg (740x465, 29K)

They're pretty rare here. I'm not even sure the grey squirrel is present.

You think that’s a bad snapping turtle to have there, imagine if you had alligator snapping turtles there like we do

Attached: 2E6B0DDC-82F4-4A21-8009-AB85259005A3.jpg (673x638, 202K)

They’re rapidly spreading
>In 2012, researchers studying the raccoon population in Spain called for "urgent actions ... to control and eradicate this unwelcome invasive species." Madrid authorized raccoon culling in 2013, The Guardian reported. A raccoon spotted in Scotland this spring prompted a flurry of concern. ("Raccoons could cause millions of pounds worth of damage per year to the Scottish economy if they became established here," one Scottish official told the BBC.)

Central Americans.

baste and red grilled.

Aren't Alligator Snapping turtles quite a bit less aggressive than regular ones though?

Not that it can't fuck you n up nicely if it wants to...

Louisiana crawfish
bullfrog
Asian hornet
catfish
cynips