ITT: Jow Forums in 1920

ITT: Jow Forums in 1920

Attached: US Olympic swimmers 1920-Antwerp, Belgium. On the right is Irene Guest and on the left is Eileen Rig (640x540, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiJrBgbwsJw
youtube.com/watch?v=cnbbQYsDHo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welp, that's enough making the world safe for democracy for one lifetime. Let's go home and watch movies and baseball. You Europoors can slag off.

Fellas, I think my brother is looking at my friend funny, like one of those homo-sexuals. What do?

youtube.com/watch?v=OiJrBgbwsJw

>The 1920 Antwerp Olympics were the first since the 1912 Stockholm Games, the 1916 Berlin Games being aborted due to the war. The Central Powers (Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, and Turkey) were barred from participating. Three newly-created nations, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and Estonia, made their appearance in the Olympics. These were also the first Olympics New Zealand participated in.

>Sweden's Oscar Swahn, aged 72, became the oldest person to ever win an Olympic medal.

>This was the second Olympics to feature women's swimming as an event and the first to feature a US women's swim team (the US had refused to send one to the Stockholm games on the grounds that it was obscene).

>Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia
>former pieces of A-H who contributed thousands of soldiers to the Central Powers war effort
>and get to participate in the Olympics
>including athletes who had served in the Austrian armed forces
There's something funny about this and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Can't believe gals can vote now and we're not allowed to get smashed anymore. Why did we ever elect that meddler Wilson?

Lllewd.

Wow everybody the year is the nine teen twenty.

>The 1920 presidential election proved one of the dullest in US history. An electorate burned out on war and two decades of Roosevelt and Wilson progressivism wanted nothing more than to return to business as usual. Neither Republican Warren Harding, a vacuous Ohio errand boy for the GOP or Democrat James Cox (also from Ohio) stood for anything of significance other than entering or not entering the League of Nations. Popular opinion was decidedly in favor of the former and Harding swept to an easy victory with 404 electoral votes to Cox's 127, the former winning no states outside the South, but even there, Harding carried Tennessee for the first time since Reconstruction that that state had voted Republican in a presidential election. Despite this being the first presidential election to take place under universal suffrage, female turnout was comparatively tiny.

>Theodore Roosevelt had been floated for a third go at the White House until his death in early 1919. However, his cousin Franklin, Assistant Secretary of the Navy under Wilson, served as Cox's running mate and would return to fight another day.

Attached: 1200px-ElectoralCollege1920.svg.png (1200x698, 144K)

Attached: 1920 Cadillac victoria.jpg (1920x1440, 757K)

Too bad, Doyers but this was fated to be Cleveland's year. We won this one for Ray (RIP).

Attached: 270px-Crowd_at_Ebbets_Field.jpg (270x185, 15K)

lyl

ehem
fuck the republic

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1970-051-65,_Kapp-Putsch,_Berlin.jpg (800x571, 67K)

The price of sausage is only 4000 more Reichsmarks than it was last week.

Well, military coup in Perú, and some Patria nueva
Literally nothing new

Attached: images (18).jpg (220x340, 10K)

The american president, Coolidge is based af! He is going to make america great again, fuck that globalist shill Wilson! Coolidge is for liberty, and private rights, dont tread on me! Reeeeee
Truly a great decade for america, and therefore the world.

This is 1920 so Wilson is still in office and Coolidge won't be for three years yet.

Also too bad about Izmir, but greed doesn't pay.

youtube.com/watch?v=cnbbQYsDHo0

I hope them anarchists and bomb-throwers are enjoying being deported to Russia where they belong.

Goin' to war.

Attached: preview-image.jpg (1200x800, 89K)

How ya like dangling from the ol' oak, jigaboo? That'll learn you to steal my job and my gal while I was in France.

Only 74 years until Justin Bieber is born. Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks, Bieberbro.

Attached: Cat-Fight.jpg (2500x1808, 728K)

I thought we meant the 20s in general. I believe we lost Smyrna in 1922 unfortunately.

Shouldn't you be starving to death now or being shot by commissars as an enemy of the people?

i am commissar

it was considered hot in the 1920s

Attached: 1523874006357.jpg (2200x1750, 888K)

Shalom, then.

Shalom, russians deserve this, this is revenge for pogroms

>Banter? On MY Jow Forums?

A couple of Russian princes and their families just arrived in New York and are staying in the Waldorf. It might be a few years they reckon before this Bolshevism nonsense is over with and they can go home.

>Despite coming on the heels of four years of German occupation, Belgium's postwar recovery was rapid, enough that the country was prepared to host the Olympics less than two years after the Armistice. Although Belgium did not suffer extensive war damage (the majority of fighting on Belgian soil occured during the initial campaigns in 1914), the German army had heavily looted the place and robbed it of industrial equipment and almost anything else of value.

>Attempts to use Belgians as conscripted forced labor in Germany provoked a storm of protest from neutral countries and Berlin relented and returned them.

>Part of the reason for Harding's easy victory lay in the sizable Irish and German-American votes, both of which had their knives sharpened for Woodrow Wilson and the Democrats. The Irish political machines in the major cities of the Northeast stayed home on Election Day, unhappy with Wilson's lack of support for Irish independence, and German-Americans voted Republican by an overwhelming margin thanks to the abuse they had suffered during the war.

>This was the first presidential election where election returns were broadcast on the radio courtesy of KDKA-AM Pittsburgh.

I want a drink, maaann. This is a load of hoopla.

Attached: 1560947324133.png (454x520, 13K)

>be black
>go to France, get shot at in the name of freedom
>I can't eat at the same restau...
Something's not right here.

My grandfather was born this year.

>Greece gets handed Smyrna as a free gift by the Entente
>they get a little too swell-headed and decide to completely wipe Turkey off the map while they're at it
>Turks repulse them in a desperation attack and retake Smyrna while also expelling thousands of ethnic Greeks in retribution
Biting off more than you can chew. Don't do it.

>Some 300,000–500,000 Cossacks were killed or deported during Decossackization, out of a population of around three million.[78] An estimated 100,000 Jews were killed in Ukraine, mostly by the White Army.[79] Punitive organs of the All Great Don Cossack Host sentenced 25,000 people to death between May 1918 and January 1919.[80] Kolchak's government shot 25,000 people in Ekaterinburg province alone.[81] The White Terror, as it would become known, killed about 300,000 people in total.[82]

>At the end of the Civil War the Russian SFSR was exhausted and near ruin. The droughts of 1920 and 1921, as well as the 1921 famine, worsened the disaster still further. Disease had reached pandemic proportions, with 3 million dying of typhus in 1920 alone. Millions more also died of widespread starvation, wholesale massacres by both sides and pogroms against Jews in Ukraine and southern Russia. By 1922 there were at least 7 million street children in Russia as a result of nearly ten years of devastation from the Great War and the civil war.[83]

>Another one to two million people, known as the White émigrés, fled Russia, many with General Wrangel—some through the Far East, others west into the newly independent Baltic countries. These émigrés included a large percentage of the educated and skilled population of Russia.

goddamn nigga you old. mine was born in 48.

Commies get the fuck out of my country reeeeeee

Attached: 7635814-polski-plakat-propagandowy-dwudziestolecia.jpg (964x1391, 311K)

I'm 19 and my paternal grandfather was born in 1920

We will be back

Attached: 1918_German_Repentance-John_F_Knott-Dallas_News.jpg (900x922, 165K)

Look at the bragger. We all get it, you got money for a motor car and Technicolor. I bet you post from your own personal telegram in mama cellar too

>Technicolor
>1920
A _little_ ahead of yourself there.

You should have demonstrated as much skill in war profiteering as I did and you too could have a Cadillac of your own.

golly but i sure would give the gal second from right a firm smack on the behind

Goodness, it's been 12 years now since my Cubs won. But you just watch. We'll be back in '21.

I'll eat my pants if the Cubs win before 2021

My grandpappy didn't lose his arm at Fredericksburg so the coons could have their way with our women.

DId any attractive women exist prior to the 1960s at all?

Anybody been keeping up on the Irish situation? Looks to me like another revolution’s a brewing. Maybe it’ll work if they put down the bottle!

At least negroes don't have full equality.

The boys in Boston are holding a charity drive for our brothers. Fuck Britain.