Grug think your country no have culture because grug never look your culture up durrr

>grug think your country no have culture because grug never look your culture up durrr

Attached: slovenia-map.jpg (1200x918, 400K)

I mean, its true. What culture does Slovenia has except being German dog?

anytime a euro brings up culture they talk about traditions and arts created hundreds of years ago, never what's being done right now.

Attached: curious emoji.png (256x256, 58K)

Slovenia is a 6/10. I thought it was great but I visited the northwest part of Ljubljana and I saw sirens and trash fires. I thought I left that behind in Detroit. I am ashamed of you.
Also how the fuck do you have so many regional dialect when your country the size of a parking lot

you're just proving my point

Culture is inherited not made

Sorry but you're generic, you're like a soggy fry in a 5-star restaurant, nobody gives a fuck about your barely noticeably existence.

>culture isn’t made

Attached: 38F18DB2-B2AC-4C75-9E8C-766089E6810F.png (645x729, 99K)

not true at all, you can find music genres from all over the country, some were created just a few decades ago. Grunge for example was founded here in Seattle in the 1990s

Ahh yes, The duality of American posters

trash fires in my Ljubljana? had you said trash everywhere and dilapidated housefronts, I might have even believed you…

as for the dialects, we're the crossroads of Europe, as you can see, lying between Western, Southern, Eastern and Balkanic Europe, and all those influences radiated over the present-day borders.

It is unmeaningful and not culture, culture is ancestors traditions and way of life.

We are in the year 2019, thats at least hundreds of thousands of years of ancestral culture that is your true culture and way of life.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-18-22-18-27.png (720x1280, 782K)

>art
>unmeaningful culture
kek alright

ah yes, the country that is sort of like Holland but also sort of like Norway, and Germany, but doesn't have any distinguishing features. At least here we have pic related everywhere to remind you that you're in Slovenia and not in some other random country.

Attached: Kozolec.jpg (2048x1536, 1.11M)

Using culture as a synonym for high culture is a great example of the butchery of language. Obviously every place on Earth has culture, strictly speaking.

Lol my neighbor has a thing like that

>the country that is sort of like Holland but also sort of like Norway, and Germany, but doesn't have any distinguishing features
Whatever helps you cope with being irrelevant, both today but also throughout history.

your neighbour is Slovenian?

Attached: kozolec1_hires.jpeg0.jpg (1023x709, 1.97M)

>Historically, the current territory of Slovenia has formed part of many different states, including the Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Carolingian Empire, and the Holy Roman Empire, the Habsburg Monarchy, the Republic of Venice, the French-administered Illyrian Provinces of Napoleon I, the Austrian Empire and Austria-Hungary.

Imagine getting cumdumped by Venice of all places.

He talks funny and I can’t spell his name. I thought he was polish or something because there’s a small neighborhood with them around here, but apparently he’s not

>kozolec
literally pointless structure

Slovenia was basically a part of the HRE for its entire duration and then of its successor state the Austrian Empire with a 4 year long French interlude in the millennium of German rule. Oh, and wholly 10% of the entire territory was under Venice and Hungary but those people are different than the remainder even today.

It's a very practical structure because the humidity is so high here that drying hay in the open was not as effective.

maybe in alps but the rest of your country is like a croatia and our hay is drying normally

also what are some other examples of slovenian culture besides useless hay drying things?

house-names, where a family that moves in to a peasant house would adopt the name of the house (pr' Kovač' if one of the previous owners had been a builder and thus the master of the house would be known as Kovačev ta star, his daughter as Kovačeva ta mlada, etc., just as all previous owners had)

so you basically have family nicknames
we have it also it's nothing special
what else you have?

*by kovač I meant blacksmith

house names and field names are two different sets of Slovenian nicknames. Many modern Slovenian surnames stem from family nicknames based on the geographical features of the land that they worked, so you had Hribar (hill-guy), Vrtačnik (sinkhole-guy), Potočnik (brook-bro), etc.

ok you have surnames
great everybody else has a surname
what else?

pust (Slovenian carneval)

we also have carnevals and so does the rest of the world
let's face it
you are not that special
and your history is poor compared to croatian history

you do have a more noteworthy history

the tomb of ban Mažuranić is after all one of the most striking medieval sculptures in this country

lmao look at that coast

>the tomb of ban Mažuranić is after all one of the most striking medieval sculptures in this country
im not sure what are you talking about

I don't mean the 19th century politician but the 16th century uskok leader. Not sure I got the surname right, but he left behind a stunning tomb with his likeness on the stone coffin lid when he passed away in 1530.