Why do they eat guinea pigs and pigeons? Are they that poor?

Why do they eat guinea pigs and pigeons? Are they that poor?

Attached: 31936167-0740-4E70-8617-09EE0D551E7E.jpg (375x563, 41K)

Nah it's culture

Attached: IMG_20180801_195222~2.jpg (315x269, 34K)

Lol, it was eaten even before spaniards come, but they treated them as pets.

Attached: images - 2019-06-10T111012.401.jpg (350x420, 31K)

Mongoloids just have weird diets, some eat dogs and some eat pigeons and guinea pigs

Attached: woman-in-traditional-clothes-holding-guinea-pig-dinner-local-farm-CBPE3J.jpg (841x1390, 214K)

europeans ate pigeons also
cant blame them tho they are some plump looking birds

Dogs no, dogs are friends, pigeons yes, but I haven't trĂ­ed yet, and don't want to neither.

what is so bad about pigeons

guinea pig is just like probably pig meat

because pigs and humans descended from rodents

Pidgeons are feral domestics. Old fashioned barns have pigeon nesting platforms that you can lock closed from ground level so you can climb up and take the squabs. Roast squab is haute cuisine.

Sure, they are diseased and gross in New York City, etc, but then so also are the people.

>guinea pig is just like probably pig meat

rabbit, but better.

t. tried it in Pasto (Colombian city near Ecuador).

What the fuck are you talking about, pigs are ungulates that belong to laurasitheria, while primates and rodents are family which belong to euarchontoglires, primates evolved from an ancestral animal similar to a shrew which isnt even a roden, laurasitheria and euarchontoglires form part of a bigger group called boreutheria and the ancestral boreoutherian was lilely similar to a three dwelling opposum, the alchetron

Any potato dishes in Peru?

potato is originally peruvian, there are over a thousand varieties of potato here

Because the Americas didn't have farm animals like Chicken, cows, or pork. They didn't even have horses.

So, they had to get creative. I'm aware that in mesoamerica they eat things like Iguanas, Possums, etc.

it's a meme, pigeons are quite rarely eaten here, probably at the same numbers of surrounding countries
if I recall correctly it originated because of a Chilean news report, they stated that since the arrival of Peruvian immigrants to Santiago's' historic center the pigeon population declined abruptly
altiplanic natives are too round!

>if I recall correctly it originated because of a Chilean news report, they stated that since the arrival of Peruvian immigrants to Santiago's' historic center the pigeon population declined abruptly
Something like this. This was back in the 90's

Guinea pigs are delicious bruh. Dunno about pidgeons

Attached: 1557008051041.jpg (900x900, 71K)

Did someone say peruAno?

Attached: 5whenwilltheylearn.jpg (797x1307, 575K)

Pigeons are rich food

meme

Pigeons are a meme animal.

>little do they know...

Attached: 598bab69489aa.jpg (620x356, 45K)

>altiplanic natives are too round
they are cuter when younger btw, at some moment something hits them and they turn into refrigerators
I think it has something to do with the climate of the Altiplano, cold, usually dry, and extremely sunny (lots of UV radiation), though this is compensated by its amazing landscapes and culture (not that I've ever been in the Altiplano tb h, I've traveled to Cusco once but Puno is still in my to-do list)

Attached: natives living on man-made island.jpg (904x640, 273K)

Pigeons are good. Moroccans eat them, but here and it Italy they were eated too. My grandpa raised pigeons for that purpose. Guinea pigs idk but I'll try them