Wealthy as fuck by world standards, but not quite like the rest of Western Europe

>Wealthy as fuck by world standards, but not quite like the rest of Western Europe
>People don't have a "typical" look, you have "Med" looking people, "Celt" looking people, "Nordic" looking people, even "Slav" looking people, and they're all considered as native as the other by the locals here. It seems every native Euro can pass as local here, they even spoke in Portuguese to me
>They're in Southern Europe but for some reason they're not as loud as Spaniards and Italians, even French
>They're not extroverts like the rest of Southern Europe, people here keep to their own groups
>They're melancholic and drink slowly, as in some sort of dance with alcohol
>They speak a Romance language... that sounds like a French trying to Spanish with a Russian accent
>They're in Southern Europe but they're mainly a people that loves fish
>They're very catholic but at the same time they still celebrate every single pagan holiday (I'm in Porto right now and they're celebrating Sao Joao)
>Everyone above 35 is manlet tier with exceptions, but everyone down from that is already either tall or average
>They're very polite and speak very good English, while the rest of the Romance countries do not
>They are self-hating as fuck, but are fierce nationalists
>They hate and love tourists at the same time
>Girls are all either 8/10 or above or 5/10 or below, there is no middle term
>Most men are attractive, but seem to keep away from women at bars unless they're from the same group

This is the weirdest European country I have ever visited what the fuck is going on here?

Attached: Portugal_regions_travel_map_EN.png (1200x1762, 518K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/portugal/comments/147wpm/portuguese_friends_why_women_in_this_country_are/c7atlxy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>People don't have a "typical" look, you have "Med" looking people, "Celt" looking people, "Nordic" looking people

cope manuel, 90% of you people look like arabs, just look at crowds, everybody knows that here.

>bizarretugal

>They're very Catholic

Attached: doubt].png (420x420, 159K)

Go back to your third world favela, I want Portuguese responses, not monkey ones

Cultural wise more than anything. It seems groups and social status here are king, even money comes later.

pretending to be a tourist but doesn't mention that all they eat is fish. failed larp.

>>They're in Southern Europe but they're mainly a people that loves fish

That's because Portugal is in reality Atlantic country like France or Britain but still with many Mediterranean features.

back to the jungle, McJoao Anderson Dos Santos.

every med country loves fish, at least the coasts obviously.

All I've seen is fish. I'm in my hotel and almost next door there are people making fucking sardines.

we also celebrate são joão

because you are also Portugal

In France they're known for eating morue, bacalau or something.

keep coping
fuck off indio

That's no way to talk to your son.

yum

same for the bacalau here. never heard of morue

sopa de macaco uma delisia

not portuguese ,don't care

you forgot arab looking people my friend

not arab but some weird looking ones for sure

>never heard of morue
French name for the same fish, also known as cabillaud.

ah ok

Isn't Portugal the european country with the highest African admixture? I recall there were people posting haplogroup maps remarking about that fact with proof and statistics. And last I checked on Wikipedia, you guys are actually shorter than Russian people despite their GDP per capita being less than half of yours.

>They're very catholic but at the same time they still celebrate every single pagan holiday (I'm in Porto right now and they're celebrating Sao Joao)
São João is a catholic holiday, retard.

It's a pagan holiday actually.

all holidays are pagan holidays if you really want to push your agenda

I never met a handsome portuguese

Pretty much yes.

Most of them look like menas though

The part about the girls is true af. You should stick to your friends. If you don't have friends, you're fucked (my case)
reddit.com/r/portugal/comments/147wpm/portuguese_friends_why_women_in_this_country_are/c7atlxy/

so you have to understand that the origins of the holiday don't matter. every culture has holidays and they are usually centered around the same shit (harvest, the start of summer, the start of winter, etc. etc).
it doesn't really matter how São João started, what matters it that people see it as a feast dedicated to celebrate the life of a saint.

São João is pagan lads

>São João
Here it's Saint Jean, generaly 24th june, young men jump over camp fires and other stuff, except the name no one takes it as a christian celebration, on the contrary priests avoid it and it's considered as an ancient custom.

What's wrong with you lads?

Why did you guys held up to those african colonies for so long?

Look at this fucking monstrosity, you guys would never be admitted in the EU if that implied bringing 1/6 of Africa together.

Attached: 1413065491744.jpg (1077x1536, 267K)

It's just the same Brazilians that shit on every portuguese thread

Wait Senegal was Portuguese ?

Just a small part of it, the image is exaggerating.

It's just one guy.

>Here it's Saint Jean, generaly 24th june, young men jump over camp fires and other stuff, except the name no one takes it as a christian celebration, on the contrary priests avoid it and it's considered as an ancient custom.
So exactly the same as here with the difference that I have never seen any priest or bishop speak against it here.

Ah my bad. Why does he do it though?

saint john day is a catholic celebration
celebrated everywhere around the world by catholics

Got fucking beaten the shit out of me by some drug peddling fucks after I whipped my phone out and told them to fuck off. I think Portugal might just be the absolute worst (or best) country when it comes to getting coke, literally any park or square at any hour and you'll have dealers up your ass.
Beautiful country though

I have to imagine that the average height wouldn't be different unless you go back far enough age wise to when Portugal was a poor country.

They are literally selling flour or coriander and thats why the cops cant do anything about it(or just dont care)