ITT: Jow Forums in 1867

ITT: Jow Forums in 1867

Attached: The 1867 St Patrick's Day riot No peace in the Lower East Side.jpg (1000x871, 359K)

You lost. Get over it. You're lucky we're as merciful as we are.

Come on where are you, Bieberbro.

Wherefore the european does this

Attached: pistol-duel.jpg (780x487, 272K)

Impeach "Veto" Andy Johnson now! Don't let the secessionists win the war after they lost the war.

Attached: The-Extension-Eixample-designed-by-Ildefons-Cerda-i-Sunyer-in-1867-as-seen-from-above.jpg (850x1181, 348K)

^This. If he loves the Constitution so much why doesn't he marry it?

Attached: gettyimages-514891268-1024x1024.jpg (688x1024, 563K)

We had only one civil war. You had about 6-8 in the last 40 years.

we haven had a single civil war in the last 40 years

oh, you mean if we are in 1867, I'm new

Or was that Portugal that had a civil war every six or so years back then? I don't remember.

We lost everything in the war, our slaves are freed, and both of my brothers are dead. May as well move out west. California looks nice.

Both.

War profiteering makes a man rich. Now I ride around in a mahongany carriage and a silk suit thanks to all the dollars I made selling sick horses and rotted beef to the army.

I hope you get typhoid and die, scum.

127 years

Thanks m8

*does nothing*

Why do the Chinese always do this?

Attached: nian rebellion.png (407x349, 83K)

Rrrromania continues to be a stagnant shithole.

FREEDOOOM!

funny dance has become popular

Attached: E63BC747-8441-4636-8366-4D386F1FB53D.jpg (640x457, 146K)

YEAHHH GOLDEN ERA IN PERÚ WOOOOOO

Attached: 7b60f71b3c420b72b227c6063f705b0d.jpg (1280x1190, 234K)

The Ottoman Empire must abandon Crete and let the island unify with Greece as its citizens have desired since 1821. The Turkish settlers deployed by the empire after the island was unjustly handed back to them in the end of the revolution need to be expelled. Hopefully this great revolution our compatriots have started in Megalonisos aka Cretr will finally let the GreekCretans achieve their dream and may the roaches that are infesting Crete rot

We may not be able to keep slaves anymore but damn if I'm accepting the colored folk as my brother.

>Southern resentment was further fueled by the aggressive policies of Radical Republicans. Ex-slaves many of whom couldn't sign their own name or even know their exact birthyear/date were being lined up to vote. As many as half the white population in some districts were ineligible to vote while illiterate blacks outnumbered them 3-1 at the polling place.

>Many Southerners could and did point out the hypocrisy of the whole thing as prior to the 15th Amendment, most of the states in the North did not allow non-whites the vote. A North Carolinian newspaper editor wrote "To every Southern river shall Negro suffrage come. But not to New England, for that's too close to home."

>Lincoln and Johnson had not favored immediate enfranchisement of ex-slaves, instead believing it could only come gradually through education, property ownership, or military service. This more reasonable proposal might have been more acceptable to Southern whites. In the aftermath of the war however, extreme voices drowned out rational ones and attempts were made to impose immediate and total enfranchisement of blacks. This policy simply worsened race relations, embittered sectional tensions, and finally ended up shutting the Republican Party out of the South for a century.