If every language on the planet used Chinese characters...

If every language on the planet used Chinese characters, we could all have a unified writing system where you are able to read and understand text, even if you don't know how to pronounce it.

Let's say you are from France and you used the Chinese characters in pic related to mean "today", and you can pronounce it "aujourd'hui". And someone from England would use the same Chinese characters, but pronounce it "today".

The beauty of this is that you can now communicate with everyone in the world in writing.

The Latin alphabet, on the other hand, only shows you how to pronounce things, but not what they mean. This makes the Latin alphabet inferior to the Chinese characters.

Attached: arts0227-57.png (320x320, 13K)

I agree, we should all be speaking chinese.

Based property developer

Write, not speak, you dumb 'Roo. You can write 黒人 and pronounce it as "black gentleman" or any other way.

Chinese characters can't represent inflection though. Something like okurigana would be needed for most languages that aren't Chinese, meaning Japanese is actually the ideal writing system.

但是我们不能使用我们的语法。语法是我们语言最重要的事情。

Different languages use different words though, it wouldn't really fit in a lot of cases.
Just a little example: Saturday is ground-day or earth-day in kanji, yet it really means saturn's day, so you can't tell by the kanji alone what day it is.

Based idea. It already happens to a certain degree with languages like Japanese.
The only thing is that sentence structure varies massively across languages and also expressions that don't translate wouldn't make sense in the other language. So maybe you should establish a unified sentence structure in written form, that'll be transformed back to the natural, indigenous one when read by the reader, and also a set of ready translations for expressions.

ᛁᛅᚴ:ᚠᚬᚱᛅᛏᛅᚴᛅᚱ:ᚱᚢᚾᛅᚱ

Attached: 24312402_10209599239889670_2266716516046083285_n.jpg (171x176, 5K)

Not really, some languages have features that don't work with ideograms. Hell, even japanese is an example of that, they use the chinese characters but have to supplement them with their own characters for particles, suffixes, etc.

this has already been pointed out more efficiently:

Based.
I have been using colours to help me remember the tones for each character

The inflections would be implied by the context.

Utterly inefficient then. Proposal rejected.

Пoшeл нaхyй

And that's why japanese guys had to change it the way their language is a clusterfuck of the retarded rules of reading and spelling. Thank you chinese characters, very cool. I'd rather use digits to express my toughts than learn this shitty drawings. Read this simple russian sentence: 走至屌

I imagine it would be very weird as in Chinese every character has its pronunciation and it is always pronounced the same way. 日 is pronounced "ri" no matter where it stands, if it's by itself or part of a bigger word, it is always pronounced that way. In English on the other hand 今日 would be pronounced as "today" while 日 by itself could also be pronounced as "sun".

instead of just using chinese characters to write our own native languages, we should go back to writing in one the most concise lingua francas : classical chinese

Based, but how would different languages manage Chinese character readings since they're based off of Chinese pronunciation? For example, 明 is ming2 in modern Mandarin and myung in Korean but the latter is still based on Ming Dynasty Mandarin. How would non-Sinosphere languages deal with that?

Chink runes have politically motivated meanings, so no

We already have the latin alphabet. Chinese is convuluted and tricky, even chinese people strugle reading non-simplified chinese