What is it like to live in a city with less than one million people...

What is it like to live in a city with less than one million people? All my life I've lived in a city of about ten million people, so I wouldn't know.

Attached: af2.png (741x568, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lund
twitter.com/AnonBabble

me too.

Attached: download.jpg (240x184, 6K)

Well, you can walk across most of it, which I imagine you can't do with million-large cities.
Dunno, what else?

90% of my city is suburbs and the rest is actually urban
t. 240,000 people

traffic don't really exist

it's kind of boring, but peaceful, also this

>city with ten million street shitters

Can't even begin to imagine how grim this must be. I live in a town with about 40K people and it's pretty calm and nice here.

Attached: 1561299191491.png (884x874, 714K)

I live in 300 people Village
What do you want to know?

91k population city here, it's comfy. Just the perfect size and amount of people.

Attached: Lund town.jpg (800x5383, 2.01M)

Comfy, not too much traffic, air is breathable and what said. I live pretty much in the city centre but still can see some mountains within walking distance from my window.
Only downside I can think of is that you probably miss some interesting events that only happen in bigger cities or the capital.

25 000 people here, it's nice. No crime, no traffic, quiet and calm.

Attached: Visby snöstorm.jpg (1000x562, 215K)

It's great. I can take public transport and walk around the city without having to smell everyone crowding around me

Do you have multi-storey residential buildings?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lund
>25.75km^2
The area is way too small to be called a city. I expect the urban areas extend well beyond the administrative borders?

We do in some areas yes.

Attached: flygbild-lund-till-sidhuvud_Top_image_MemberCity.jpg (1440x600, 417K)

its still a city with 5k population

quite boring

Attached: shora.jpg (1179x900, 394K)

.75km^2
>The area is way too small to be called a city
Pretty average city size in Sweden. But the entire municipality of Lund is 439.87 km2

Let me guess. Segovia

Of course. In Zagreb, the centre is neoclassical, and in Split it's old stone houses. But most of the cities, as they underwent a massive expansion in the 60s and 70s, are Yugoslavian planned neighborhoods. They're pretty well-done and they look quite nice. I like them more than the centres.

I live in a place with 40-50k people. You can walk everywhere within an hour, ofcourse there are bicycle lanes everywhere so you can get everywhere in half that time if you ride a bike.
Other than that iss safe, the people are friendly and despite its size it has a huge industrial area so there is a lot of work as well. There are couple larger cities around us as well so yiu cab reach those in 30 minutes by car and 40 minutes with the bus.

just like imagine your city with 99% less people on the street and downsize it by 10. Then add few akward cars here and there. the people are weird and turned really inside, but somewhat kinder than in cities. Expect citypeople are usually more well mannered.

I live in a 100k city and I literally hear roosters from my house, there is a green patch that it's used by old people for gardening and stuff

Mine has 600 but same

>Pretty average city size in Sweden.
What do you see when you cross the city borders? Farmlands amd villages?
I see that Malmö is very close to your city

Mostly fields, farms, forests and lakes.

Attached: image43.jpg (3264x2448, 2.93M)

Looks nice. I imagined the region to be more built up like suburb with towns. How close is the nearest city?

Nearest city is Malmö, about 21 km away. Far enough to keep the city problems away but near enough when I need to buy stuff.

>he has competent city planning
Fucking yuropoors

How bad has demographic change hit your village?
We used to have 500 people 20 years ago but everybody older than 18 and younger than 50 left and moved to bigger cities

Pic related, great example of superior Norwegian city planning

Attached: Forde-sentrum-1500x923.jpg (1500x923, 332K)

Very comfy to live in a small town. Not even a city, 35k people here in town and like 98% is white Swedes. Thank fucking god for that.

Attached: IMG_20190713_141944.jpg (3709x2804, 2.74M)