I don't really frequent this board but I'm currently abroad in Japan and don't have many people to hang out with...

I don't really frequent this board but I'm currently abroad in Japan and don't have many people to hang out with. I came for a science and engineering program at Tohoku University. Right now I'm in Tokyo (Akihabara atm), before this I was in Sendai. Does anyone wanna meet up and wander around or get drinks later?

I have no idea how effective this will be but it's worth a shot. I also posted this in soc.

Attached: D3D72CF1-334E-478C-918E-136B76F8CFE5.jpg (552x555, 38K)

Your flag says otherwise.

Attached: 1563061829808.gif (398x400, 1.92M)

this

Ok, now this is epic.

Please post pics if you get to hang out with other anons

post balls and thigh gap

when you're roaming on mobile data you keep your home country's IP address.

Do you love Japan?

Go to a maidcafe if you dont have friends lol

It's important to stay hydrated, especially during summer

I can't see my flag, I'm on mobile. If it makes you feel better, here's a pic of the coffee I just bought. I dunno why I would lie about something dumb like this though honestly.

Attached: 5829911E-594D-4A96-8C26-4BD016EF284D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.48M)

I guess that would do it, mobile connection is quite bad but at least I didn't have to pay for a new SIM card and data.

It's been good so far, I've really enjoyed making new friends with the Tohoku students. We all went out for karaoke on the last official day of the program and afterwards were just wandering around the city talking until 5 AM.

2shy, I want to go with others but nobody wants to. I think it could be a fun, goofy experience.

(´・ω・`)

Sendai is near Fukushima

That's true, yes.

I went to the Sega store and tried my hand at the UFO machines and wow they're really hard. I have no idea how people actually win prizes from them.

Do you speak English with the locals? How easy is it to get around in Japan without knowing Japanese?

It depends on where you are. It's been easier in Tokyo than it was in Sendai since more people speak/understand English. Not enough to hold a full conversation but enough to get basic ideas across. I spoke more English with the Tohoku students though, they were very good at it (and a few were very good at Spanish too). People are very accommodating though, as long as it's an appropriate situation, and are willing to help you out.

Try /trv/ they have meet-up threads