Has anyone here work in a call center?

Has anyone here work in a call center?

How was it I'm about to enter one and wanted to know if they're all shitty around the world.

Attached: menotknowingwhattodomex..gif (220x217, 11K)

I failed my job interview for one. Looked pretty bad from what I saw of their offices.

I've heard they're pretty bad at least here and most people quit after a while

Which call center?

of all the telemarketers ive been rude to and hung up on i cant imagine what the work environment must be in one of those places, all that pressure

You'll be better off throwing boxes

No lol, but at least you speak English. That has to be useful somehow, right?

AT&T CALL CENTER PARQUE TOREO.
What looked pretty bad the working conditions?

kill yourself, chico

4.5 years. I work in sales so pay is decent. The company is great and they offer lots of social mobility. Other companies hire employees from our company in large numbers because of our sales representation. Don’t sneeze at it

Thank you burger they pay pretty decently and it'll be my first formal job.

Pay is around 800 USD wich is good pay for a mexican like me

I'll be on inbound collections though.

my gf did it for about 3 weeks. was degrading her mentaly. she had to basically scam eople into going into fake schools and it didnt sit right with her. and the abuse from callers and the oss was too much. i wentdown by her job to pick her up after she quit and i tony soprano'd her boss

Man, AT&T faggots couldn't stop calling me for like a year just to offer me some shit I didn't want. Fuck them, I'll shout in your ear if you ever call me again, cunt.

I won't be calling mexican nationalst don't worry about it.

Not that bad desu, I always thought the pay was shitter. Are currently studying?

Was on my first year of mechathronics engineering had to quit because school was too far and didn't have that much money. I will try online school but I feel pretty sad and down about it. I had a scholarship coming next August to go to Canada. :'(

>800usd
that's pretty good pay here too for a first job, but isn't Mexico more expensive than here?

Can I work in a call center in the Philippines without speaking the native language, only English?

the coworkers are worse than the customers, i never took it personally when people got pissed on the phone i assume most of them to have the same mental capacity as a child, but some of the coworkers man... really freaky people

Meh, you can always study a bit later desu, bet you are not even in your mid 20s. I used to have classmates in my uni who were 30/40 and were working while studying, medicine of all careers.
>I had a scholarship coming next August to go to Canada. :'(
Now that's actually shit news. But 800 USD is pretty great if you still live with your parents and you don't have to take care of a family or something.

I worked at T-Mobile for 2 years while getting through college

It was fucking horrid, I gained a shit one of weight, picked up smoking, and to this day I can't pick up a phone without cringing just from some weird reflex that people will be yelling. I don't even call family anymore unless I need to, its all just to text.

Finally lost my shit when my first raise (after taking on 3 more departmental positions worth of work, was .50 cents)

God damn what a waste of time, energy, sanity, etc. I should have helped those instigators who were trying to form a union, what a massive black hole of bullshit Tmobile was.

Well with that said, a jobs a job user. My recommendation is if you hate it look for something else in your spare time, people have a tendency to fall into call center circles and never fall out

*shit ton

wisdoms

careful working shit jobs, it's a trap. take care user.

Since you're in Mexico expect to work with deported chicanos. My aunt had a friend who was gang related and he was deported in 99' he worked in a call center since and has aged like shit. He's in his 30s and looks 60.

I've seen some of them in my city when taking the subway. It was surreal, they were speaking sometimes full sentences in English, the switched back to a Spanish with a chicano accent, then Spanglish. I understood everything they said (they were talking about a slutty co-worker, apparently), while everyone just ignored them.

First and only time I've ever seen chicanos. Heard they made they own "little L.A. in some Mexico City borough.

As of right now I'm living with my mom ill have to move to the city with my dad my mentally ill aunt and my ridden dementia grandma and my aunt that got kidnapped and has PTSD in the house there is not even a fucking stove. So I'll have a bad time until me and my dad go rent somewhere else. (legally it's his house but he doesn't kick out their siblings out of Pity) and he doesn't buy a stove because crazy siblings always sell his stuff.

I'm 20 btw 21 next year in March

yes, we use mainly English for call centers.

damn dude :( good luck. stay sane somehow.

I mean, not to be dismissive or anything, because even if your situation is shit, it isn't half as bad as other people in this country, honestly. You seem smart enough in order to pull through. Your English is better than mine, even, and like I said, there's always time to study later, specially if you are still only 21. Remember that uni is free and you can apply for it as many times as you like. Your options are far from closed yet. But you do need to do something about your self-esteem, that shit will consume you if you let it, You'll probably start to feel better once you adapt to your first job, and from there, you can start to move on and regain a direction for your life. If not, consider seeing a psychiatrist, it really helps once you find the correct one, but you may have to search for one for a while if the first one you see lets you down.

Just hang on m8