Battlestation thread? Battlestation thread. Post em Jow Forums

Battlestation thread? Battlestation thread. Post em Jow Forums.

Attached: rig.jpg (1845x1440, 1.26M)

Why you are using linux if you are playing video games? I know it's possible. but windows would not be a better option in this case?

linux is always better than windows, even in gaming.

>linux is always better than windows
>even in gaming
This just simply isn't true and you know it

proton and wine have come a long way

Because when I ran Windows on mine it was very very slow, it took about 15 seconds to even get the menu bar up. With linux everything is very fast. And I don't play that many vidya so game inconveniences are not a big deal for me. Also, if I wanted to run windows apps I just use wine

Attached: 2343253454564567567.jpg (850x581, 66K)

not to mention pop_os
I have it running on a virtual machine while I give it a try. Works pretty damn nice so far

Windows has a more intuitive and more comprehensive GUI than any Linux distro

Windows is a commercially successful OS, with excellent support, and software and hardware compatibility, despite not costing a dime to most of its users.

Windows has better creative software available, such as the Adobe Creative Suite, various video and audio editing suites, etc.

Microsoft Office is better than any other office suite (of course it's also available for other platforms, but not Linux, not without emulation)

Windows has a more intuitive drive naming convention.

The command line interface in Windows is easier to use, even though it's rarely used for everyday tasks.

Windows has more convenient accessory programs installed by default

Windows has more accessible logs and system information.

Windows is better documented than any Linux distro, its information all neatly organized and known where to be found.

I need not mention about games. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant.

I saved the best till last: Windows has Active Directory, centralizing user documents and personal settings, and security and group policy settings, something large organizations couldn't do without.

Until Linux has something like Active Directory and a GUI to rival Windows, it won't even be considered by large organizations, not even for free, and let's be honest, that's where a big chunk of the userbase and the money is.

>even in gaming.
I would disagree with you. Although I like linux. In my opinion if you are playing games windows is just better.

Get it

Not sure if joking or ignorant

This, Windows is almost the only choice here, is iOS good?

Recently got rid of my old gaming tower becuase I hardly play games anymore. The monitor behind the thinkpad isnt connected to anything. I will probably just use the monitor for my raspberry pis now.

cool bear

Attached: IMG_20190714_184128.jpg (3968x2976, 3.15M)

nope. there's more out there than just TF2 and CS. like, I haven't been able to get to work any resident evil title to work with proton. not to mention my favorite H-games

>emulating an environment is better than just using the environment
Opinion of a virgin

Notorious for also (((spying))) on its users

>there's more out there than just CS
pffffffftttttt!!
what are you? some zoomer that plays fortnight?!

I have the cheaper version of this running Debian 10, the L470, larger machine, larger battery, slightly larger screen fits a regular hdd, m2 ssd, nvme drive. Don’t have nvme on it because they still overheat.

no wayy! I've been xpozd

Nice OP, you managed to make a single post before the thread devolved into an argument.

Attached: Battlestation.jpg (1398x1826, 634K)

Is it yours ?

I’d get rid off the sofa and change it for a simple couch.

nice lad

yeah battery life is a big thing for me so I bought the 72Wh battery to replace the standard 24Wh. Also ive added a second m2 SSD, and upped the ram to 32gb for the hell of it.

yea, it's mine

I like the lounge too damn much, it's my spot