Can you survive with 29 dollars worth of food per week in your country?

Can you survive with 29 dollars worth of food per week in your country?

Attached: 901C8CF7334747DABF3359663C63FCF3.jpg (562x806, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

groceries.asda.com/product/pork-joints/asda-butchers-selection-boneless-pork-leg-joint-typically-1.7kg/910002109093
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lentils, rice, potatoes and tomatoes.

All of them cheap as fuck, all of them nutricious, and can make lots of different foods with them

so yes, I can. and even less.

The S in SNAP stands for Supplemental
Meaning the $29 is meant to help with your grocery bill, not cover it.

>23 Euros
Yeah, no problem.

SEVEN (7) LIMES

I doubt that if you're super poor and with a very limited food budget you'd be wasting money on lentils and onions and shit like that.

Yes I go to lidl

survive yeah

but I spend like 15euro every day just for food

ah yes
kale, limes and avocados
the struggling family essentials(TM)

It should be $29 of limes

fucking racist

I also find it a bit hard to believe that a starving family would buy the least filling, least caloric dense foods there is instead of just beans, rice, the cheapest minced meat and lentils.

>immediately brings race into it
Very American post.

Yes if you don't eat meat more than 3 meals a week and buy a lots of pasta rice and refrigerated goods

>29dollars
Yeah as well as fill the car tank enough for the week with a few dollars to spare.

Yes. Quality depends on season. I mean I can eg buy 90 kg of cucumbers for that at "farmers market" today but far less in winter.

Yes, that is what i spend in groceries.
But i also buy chicken and meat.
Anthing to make beef broth and shitload of bread and sweet bread and ham.

My current expense is about 21 usd per week. So, yeah I can.

Buying meat regularly at all is probably not a great idea unless you have a decent income

Poorfags here buy premade processed food which is incredibly expensive calories/price vise. Which weird considering they're mostly unemployed and has all the time in the world to cook

they are lazy, it's the leading cause of their unemployment also

Minced meat 3€/700g the cheapest pork-beef kind

My aim is to reach 35 Euros a week (average of 5 a day). I live alone and I hope to do it in August.

You can buy ground meat for like 4.5€ per kilogram.

Very easy, just go full Irish and survive on potatoes. €29 gets you 12 kg.

Assuming that 1kg of pork here is like 5$, definetely yes.

ok nazi

Chicken and pork is about $5/kg, sometimes cheaper, so easily

I can survive three weeks with 30€ eating well and complete

Most poor people here (and I suppose everywhere in Europe and America) are fat, so it's not like more calories are something they want/need. They just want something that appears to be cheap and is easy to prepare.

>only 7 limes
How do these poor americans do it?

pasta for lunch, pasta for dinner

epic

I hate rich people who pretend to not be completely disconnected with the real world and the normal people.

>Assuming that 1kg of pork here is like 5$, definetely yes.

wtf its literally cheaper in my cunt!
And we are not an economical hell hole like Russia

groceries.asda.com/product/pork-joints/asda-butchers-selection-boneless-pork-leg-joint-typically-1.7kg/910002109093

Poor people in Europe buy raw meat, potatoes, rice, cheap vegetables etc. and prepare meals themselves.
Poor people in America eat in fast foods and buy preprocessed microwave "food" that is unhealthy and 3 times more expensive compared to regular food.
No idea why it's like that.

I could feed myself, my wife and three children for that (if i had them)

What I don't understand why poor people buy instant noodles for example. They cost like 10€/kg. You should always check how much it's per kilogram. Normal macaronis are 0.5€/kg and basically the same shit without the disgusting spice bag

Isn't that a typical italian diet

no the average italian subsists on french butthurt

i use on average 25€ on food a week, so yes

wtf how

Yes, as long as you eat what you would get in a third world country (lentils, rice, potato, pasta, beans, veggies and such).

No meat= no deal
About a 60 to 70% of my meals are high in proteins and fats and low on carbohydrates. I'd like to see that posh bitch to sustain herself with that shit diet and not on green quinoa smoothies, salmon and pretentious shit.

wow picking out expensive items so you can spread a commie agenda awesome

>t. first heart attack at age 45 and erectile dysfunction at 35
Manly as fuck.

>no meat
>better get some limons and avocado instead

heh maybe 3-4 days and it would be tight tb.h

That's how machismo works. My Mexican dad died at 50 due to complications from diabetes because he wouldn't stop drinking and eating since that would make him feminine somehow.

Cattle farming is heavily subsidized over here. Beef is sold for lower than the cost of production.

You could buy like 20 carrots with that money

Alcohol and beer especially lowers your testo levels

Yeah, with 29 bucks worth of food for a single person. We can buy grains relatively cheap and not go very fancy on the veggies, not counting the costs of propane or electricity you could do well with just 29 bucks. My middle class family spends 70 a week for four people. To make 4 survive with 29 bucks would be a different thing, possible and very common, but a very shit quality of life.

Mama mia!

Just buy a cheap steak and some butter

Attached: spam.png (315x398, 11K)

When I lived in Europe I'd spend 2 or 3 euro a day as a vegan. It's not hard at all, people just really like eating and don't want to eat normal amounts

Eastern Europe?

How do you feed yourself for 2 euros a day as a vegan

he gets his protein from cocks

WTF do you do with those limes? And why not get a job or something

Prague
Quinoa, spinach, carrots, bananas, brocoli, asparagus, almond milk, muesli, dried apricot. thats all i can think of at the moment

and lots and lots of semen

Pretty sure it's do able if you cook for yourself and buy the cheap stuff.

Most people on SNAP have jobs and in many states you are required to have a job to get it, it's to supplement low income so poor people can afford vegetables and their limes. Remember that the USA was founded by the British so we inherited the need for constant limes, though thankfully we are not called "limeys" the way they are.

Also as much as it became a meme if she lives in CA (as many actors do) those limes might have been just a dollar or so.

Alone? No problem. With a family... well, you would not starve, at least.

What? If you buy the right stuff that shit is unbeatable calories for the money.
I mean the cheapest frozen pizza is like 75 Cent at like 800 calories. A can of shitty pre made food like pic related is like 85 Cent and gives up to 1000 calories. Literally not even pure butter can beat this.

Attached: 51V3RtrDh0L.jpg (381x500, 46K)

my own, yes

>Prague
Seems realistic, I spend about 6 to 7 a day in Austria, but with some expensive stuff thrown in, like ready made hummus.

Yes, but i wouldn't buy cheese, i'd buy nuts
>wholegrain rice
>limes
The stupid bitch realized she can survive pretty comfy on 30 bux so she had to sabotage her own pic, what a dumb whore jew cunt.
Also kale is nice and all but if you're trying to survive cabbage is cheap as fuck, also onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric are all cheap as fuck, parsley, thyme etc etc.
Then after salads and herbs u get potatoes and beans or rice idk whatever u prefer, then some eggs and a bit of meat, pork and chicken are cheap asfk, also some sardines - omega 3s and healthy and cheap as fuck.
with 50 bucks you'll live like a kang

Attached: 1559903429560.jpg (225x225, 13K)

75 cent for 800 calories SOUNDS good, but not all calories are equal. if you eat 800 calories of bread you might feel full for two hours, if you eat 800 calories of veggies youll feel full for six or eight hours. a pizza like that will probably only fill you up for a few hours and will make you crave for more.

> pizza like that will probably only fill you up for a few hours and will make you crave for more.
fucking americans

Must be nice of her to be all preachy, high up in her Ivory Tower surrounded by other elitists and piles of money.

Yeah, normal human beans eat like 3 times a day. A frozen pizza is more than enough to survive and not feel hungry for 5-6 hours.

Anyways, only eating shit like this will give you horrible diarrhea and at some point cancer, so it is not a great idea anyways.

I wish I had 30 eurobux a week for food.

To be fair SNAP is not meant to be NEETbux, just "supplementary" as the name suggest.
With 400€ pocket money German Hartz4 you can live like a king.

Lol that's bs

Probably, but with a terrible diet. When I was poor I would spend about 30eur/week on groceries.
Diet generally consisted of:
-Cereal, would eat 500g of store-brand cornflakes a week. 1 euro.
-Milk, 2 litre. 1.40eur
-1kg of bananas, 1.20 eur
-1kg pasta, 1eur
-2 jars of pasta sauce, 1.50 eur
-cheap biscuits, great source non-nourishing calories, 2 packs 1 eur
-1kg of high fat mince beef, 7eur
-Frozen beef burgers(4) + buns, maybe 3eur
-Potato Wedges 1kg, 0.80eur
-Cheap frozen Pizzas(2), maybe 2eur
-bread, 1eur
Cheap crisps or tortilla chips,

Well I would but I need to spend 35 dollars so I can get free shipping. Also
>7 limes

I'm not American, but anyway these are shitty frozen pizzas (which I've only had once). real pizzas from restaurants will probably fill you up for longer. the real problem is craving. fatty cancerous foods like pizza and ice cream will make you crave more regardless of how much you eat. its addictive

>tfw I spend ~$100 on food every week

Attached: no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-0.jpg (900x804, 71K)

Here too. It’s a huge waste of tax-payer money that right-wingers refuse to acknowledge.

Yes. I'd make 3 kinds of soup with that

you can survive a year with $30
baguette is 0.05 dollar, a kilo of potato and other vegetable are at 0.1 dollar

Are the potatoes good quality ones? They only sell bruised, green and worm-ridden here (but charge 2€/kg).

Yeah they're really decent, fruits and vegetable here feel fresh and natural. They dont put a lot of craps in them, and not much selection too.

Yeah, I also spend like 100€ a week, really no big deal. Today alone I spent like 20€ on food and pretty much bought... nothing.
>food and coffee at work
>in the shop: steaks, watermelon, bottle of vodka, cottage cheese
Well that really is about it...

I would spend €100 a week too if I was in germ-any instead of buying Aldi/Lidl """"'''"'''"food""""""""

But Ahmet, I was shopping at a cheap shop.

Honestly nope, actual variety. Legumes, eggs, veggies and fruit, cheap meat cuts, milk, home made bread, cheese, nuts

You can eat very well with that amount

I spent nearly 70€ a week buying cigarettes, so no.

The better question would be if you could survive with €29 worth of booze per week.

Attached: 1405198190201.jpg (768x768, 88K)

I'm helping my cousin sell his stuff right now

$0.15 the kg, pleasue buy int

Attached: IMG_20190717_183955.jpg (3120x4160, 2.56M)

1$ the Marlboro here, $0.5 the national brand.
Pretty decent cigarets, but rather agressive

Slightly over 20 €? Yeah pretty easy.
Its not comfortable, but trivial to do.

I don't believe you unless you get food from some poor people shelter

Would. How much is rent and internet in urban Algeria?

I pay $5 a month for 10 mega internet, and $5 for 60gb of 4G
rent is very cheap outside of big cities, you can buy a 500m2 palace for 50k here where I live

Not bad, not bad. With the dry climate certainly more comfy than other popular cheap countries like Phillipines or Thailand.

Because they are lazy and don't like cooking.

who likes cooking?