/lang/ - Language Learning General

>What language(s) are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Ask questions about your target language!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Participate in translation challenges or make your own!
>Make frens!

Read this shit some damn time:
4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/The_Official_Jow Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Totally not a virus, but rather, lots of free books on languages!:
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

Check this pastebin for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides:
pastebin.com/ACEmVqua

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
FAQ U:
>How do I learn a language? What is the best way to learn one? How should I improve on certain aspects?
Read the damn wiki
>Should I learn lang Y so I can learn lang X?
No
>What is the most useful language?
Ancient Latin
>What language should I learn?
Australian English

Old thread Old challenge

Attached: polandball.jpg (460x736, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zvgZtdmyKlI
arabic.desert-sky.net/links.html
alkitaabtextbook.com/books/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

One more day until Friday, then I can study after my shift.

Translationsoft Challenge XP: Home Edition

Easy
>I am turning on the computer.
>Copy the files to your thumb drive.
>This program is not installed.

Medium
>A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, click here to close it.
>Are you sure you want to send these eight items to the Recycle Bin?
>Type the name of a program, folder, document, or Internet resource in the form below.

Hard
>Deleting this shortcut does not uninstall the program, it only removes the icon that points to it.
>If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.
>Warning: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability.

Włączam komputer
Kopiujcie pliki na swój USB
Ten program nie jest zainstalowany

>A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, click here to close it.
Z powodu problemu, program nie może funkcjonować prawidłowo. Klinijcie tutaj, żeby ten zatrymać.
Czy na pewno chcecie przenieść te osiem plików w Kosz?
>Type the name of a program, folder, document, or Internet resource in the form below."
Wpiszcie nazwę programu, folderu, dokumentu albo internetowego zasobu w poniższy formularz

I fucking need a laptop that has accents already incorporated in my keyboard. I fucking hate everytime having to use alt commands just to get cedille. English keyboards suck.

Attached: fag.png (497x481, 16K)

But it really sucks not having the accents in your keyboard.

well what i do is i have an image of the keyboard layout pinned in my browser at all times in case im having trouble, but you get used to it pretty quick. just dive in really its just a layout

Anyone on Jow Forums know anything about Sanskrit? How hard is it to learn for an English speaker? Is original untranslated Vedic literature as awesome as it's said to be or is it just a dank meme?

Very easy and it's the greatest literature in all of Asia.

No shit? What resources did you use?

>łatwy
włączam komputer

kopiuj pliki na swój pendrajw

ten program nie jest zainstalowany

>średni

problem spowodował program zatrzymać swoją poprawną pracę, kliknij tutaj aby go zamknąć

czy na pewno chcesz przenieść te osiem plików do kosza?

napisz nazwy programu, folderu, dokumentu, lub zasobu internetowego w formularzu poniżej

>trudny
usunięcie skrótu nie powoduje odinstalowania programu, to tylko kasuje ikonę która na nią wskazuje

jeśli jest to nowa instalacja, pytaj swojego hardware'owego lub software'owego producenta o aktualizacjach Windows których potrzebujesz

uwaga: zakończenie procesu może spowodować nieprzyjemne wyniki, takie jak utrata danych i niestabilność systemu

>Deleting this shortcut does not uninstall the program, it only removes the icon that points to it.
Usunięcie skrótu nie znaczy "dezinstalacja programu", a tylko zdejmie ikonę z pulpitu
>If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.
Przy nowej instalacji jest niezbędne zapytać fabrykantów "hardware" lub "software" o potrzebujące aktualizacje do Windows

A bit too late for the last one.

What language has the highest use of archaic words/phrases? Mandarin?

Attached: tips-for-learning-a-foreign-language2.jpg (1024x718, 133K)

i like swedish :)

Probably not Mandarin, a lot of monosyllabic terms used in Classical Chinese are now replaced by polysyllabic terms in Vernacular Chinese.

ARGHHH chino chan... arghh *sniff* *sniff* SEX chino... FUCK CHINO Arghh I want to envelope chino around me and CONTROL HER ARGHH THE chino... chino CHINO CHAN cute sex

are you the one known as 'Dane on /lang/'?

I've never heard that but that's probably me then. I don't see many other danish flags here.

I don't think anyone knows him as "Dane on /lang/" 2bh.

I don't think anyone knows me at all.

well there was someone who said he had a crush on you on a gay thread so yeah

There is a dane who is a crossdresser. I'm not him. Perhaps someone is confused.

>going to gay threads

w e w
e
w

What kind of faggot doesn't go to gay threads? Smh

Anyone who is learning German can use this video for dual subtitles

youtu.be/zvgZtdmyKlI

Why were you on a gay thread? Do you mean a thread on /hm/?

>mój twarz gdy mam tylko polski w tym wykazie
>mój twarz gdy nie mam twarzy a zrzut ekranu zamiast niej
moje uzależnienie od cztery-czana jest jedyną rzeczą która łamie to immersję

Attached: Bez tytułu20190719094336.png (539x346, 21K)

how do you motivate yourself to keep learning a language if you dont live within a thousand miles of the country or any native speakers

Attached: 1560930935598.png (741x289, 118K)

moja*

Read about culture and current events.

Do you need natives to motivate you?

reading is one thing, I want to be able to translate by ear/talk current events with them

there is no point in leaning a language if you are not motivated to begin with. forcing yourself would make it even worse and you would start to hate it. instead search for things that would make you like the process itself. the distance does not matter at all because you can talk with anyone through the internet, both in text and voice

>I want to be able to translate by ear
You can listen to things for that too.

>talk current events
Based if you're at that level. I help some people with Swedish every now and then but none are at such a level except one but we always communicate in text. :^)
His pronunciation is still crazy good tho.

Attached: apuwow.png (128x102, 21K)

What's the best way to learn future and past tenses in french?

I know you fren

For the poos in this thread, are non-hindustani languages actually worth learning or does everybody speak Hindi/Urdu?
Greek, Tamil, South Asian languages in general come to think of it

bump

Nice google translate

>Russian learning Polish
He probably plans to inva... visit us.
We have border, you know.

to nie było bardzo miłe z twojej strony. on wciąż się uczy, być może jest google tłumaczem, ale ręczny i nie taki sprytny. z pewnością nie wie o swoich błędach i może nigdy nie poznać jeśli nie powiesz jakie to byli

tak, będę okupować wszystkie wasze tematy na każdych czanach na które się natknę. powodzenia budowanie muru wokół waszego internetu

What are some good resources for learning Arabic?

arabic.desert-sky.net/links.html

Facile
>J'allume l'ordinateur
>Copiez les fichiers dans votre clé usb
>Ce programme n'est pas installé
Intermédiaire
>Un probleme a interdit au programme de fonctionner correctement, cliquez ici pour le fermer
>Êtes-vous sûr que vous voulez déplacer ces object dans la poubelle?
>Tapez le nom d'un programme, dossier, document, ou ressource internet dans le bar dessous
Difficile
>Effacer ce lien ne désinstalle pas le programme, il supprime seulement l'icône qui y mène
>Si c'est une nouvelle installation, demandez à votre fournissuer de logiciel ou matériel s'il y a des mises à jour pour Windows de qui vous avez besoin
>Attention: Terminer ce processus pourrait causer résultats indésirables, y compris perte de fichiers et instabilité du système

Anyone wants to speak Spanish with me?

>Un tavolo per uno, per favore
>Volevo una birra
>Quanto dovrò aspettare?

>Prenderò un cheeseburger con pattatine fritte è una bibita grande
>Il mio antipasto sarà un risotto al granchio
>Il mio entrée sarà un filetto alla Wellington
>Il mio dessert sarebbe un gelato

>Prenderò due numeri nove, un numero nove grande, un numero sei con il dip extra, un numero sette, due numeri quarantacinque, uno con formaggio e una bibita grande

Attached: ;DDD.png (1500x1200, 126K)

>Quanto dovrò aspettare?
A more faithful translation would have been "Quant'è lunga l'attesa?", but this is also correct
>con pattatine fritte è una bibita grande
"e"
>Il mio entrée
"il mio primo"
Italian meals go like this:
Antipasto = appetizer
Primo = first course
Secondo = second course
Dolce/dessert
>un numero sei con il dip extra
"con salsa extra"

컴퓨터를 켜고 있어.
이 파일을 유에스비 드리아버에 복사하세요.
이 프로그램 설치되지 않음.

문제가 발생하여 프로그램 작동하기 멈춤, 닫으려면 여기 클릭하십시오.
정말 8개의 이 것을 휴지통에 넣으시겠습니까?
아래에 프로그램이나 폴더나 서류나 인터넷 자원 이름 입력하십시오.

Attached: oWmOLVz.jpg (600x452, 78K)

>page 10

Easy
Lo inicio la computadora.

Copia los archivos a su memoria USB.

Esta programa (ya) no esta instalado.

Medium
Una problema hecho la programa dejar operando correctamente, toca aqui cerrarlo.
¿Tienes confianza que enviar estas ochos cosas a la papalera de reciclaje?

>Type the name of a program, folder, document, or Internet resource in the form below.
Teclea el nombre de la programa, carpeta, documento o recurso de internet en la forma debaja.

Hard
Borrando esto atajo no lo desinstala la programa, único retira el icono que apunta a esa(?).
Si esta es una instalación nueva, pídele su fabricante de hardware o software por alguna versión actualizada de Windows que podría necesitar.
>Warning: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability.
Cuidado: Terminando un proceso lo puede resultados no deseados incluyendo la pérdida de información y la instabilidad del sistema.

Theres that old US Military website that has audios in every single dialect. But its for intermediate/advancee learners

Lang please decide my fate for me I'm far too indecisive, Korean or Russia? Which one looks better on the resume? I've read and really liked all the 19th century Russians in Greek already and I doubt I would go through them again just for the original language. On the flip side I literally know nothing about Korean literature. Does either of them kind of lock you down like Chinese would?

me! but really look for a book called al-kitaab(literally The Book) here is its website: alkitaabtextbook.com/books/
Every respectable college/university uses this textbook.

>Easy
>>I am turning on the computer.
컴퓨터를 켜 중이에요
>>Copy the files to your thumb drive.
파일을 너의 유에스비에 복사하세요
>>This program is not installed.
이 프로그램은 설치지 안 됐다
>Medium
>>A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, click here to close it.
문제가 나서 프로그램은 바르게 작동하는 거이 그만한다. 듣기 위해 여기 클릭하세요
>>Are you sure you want to send these eight items to the Recycle Bin?
이 항목 8 개 쓰레기통에 받고 싶은게 확실하니까?

What does eating a woman's meat or killing a woman mean in Chinese? I have heard it both here in Taiwan and in China a lot. I imagine it is something sexual but it seems more flirty and not so dirty as eating a woman sounds in English.

>someone posted my image

Attached: ängle.png (361x292, 5K)

>Easy
>>I am turning on the computer.
Ανάβω τον υπολογιστή
>>Copy the files to your thumb drive.
Αντίγραψτε τα αρχεία στο thumb drive σου
>>This program is not installed.
Το πρόγραμμα δεν είναι εγkατεστημένο

>Medium
>>A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, click here to close it.
Ένα πρόβλημα προkάλεσε το πρόγραμμα να σταματήσει να λειτουργεί σωστά, kάντε click εδώ για να το kλείσετε
>>Are you sure you want to send these eight items to the Recycle Bin?
Είστε βεβαίος πως θέλετε να στείλετε αυτά τα οχτώ πράγματα στο Recycle Bin?
>>Type the name of a program, folder, document, or Internet resource in the form below.
Εισάγετε το όνομα ενός προγράμματος, αρχείου, εγγράφου, ή διαδιkτυαkής πηγής στο έντυπο παραkάτω

>Hard
>>Deleting this shortcut does not uninstall the program, it only removes the icon that points to it.
Διαγράφοντας αυτό το shortcut δεν απεγkαθιστεί το πρόγραμμα, απλά αφαιρεί το ειkονίδιο που του δείχνει
>>If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.
Αν αυτή είναι kαινούργια εγkατάσταση, ρώτατε το kατασkευαστή υλιkού ή λογισμιkού για kαμιά Windows ενημέρωση που μπορεί να χρειάζεστε
>>Warning: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability.
Προειδοποίηση: Διαkόπτοντας μια διαδιkασία μπορεί να προkαλέσει ανεπιθύμητα αποτελέσματα που συμπεριλαμβάνουν απώλεια δεδομένας kαι αστάθεια συστήματος

bump

we're all gonna make it

Attached: 618.png (839x657, 39K)

Anyone here know the sounds used in Hindi? I just learned the devanagari alphabet and was really pleasantly surprised at how much easier it is to pick up than it looks, but the subtleties of some of the sounds confuse me. In particular, the aspirated/unaspirated consonant pairs make sense in my head but I don't think I'm making the sounds right or hearing them distinctly. The retroflexive consonants are also new but I think I get those, it'll just be a matter of figuring out how to work them into the flow of my speech, and hearing them right. Then the nasal vowels are not presented very clearly in either app I've used. Any Indians or fellow pooaboos able to lend a hand?