Which German speaking country should I move to?

I'm currently learning German, and next Autumn I'm planning on studying a semester abroad in Germany. After my PhD I'm considering moving to a German speaking country as it has to do with my degree. Specifically I'm going to be looking for a job In Academia teaching at a university. I've considered parts of Switzerland, Germany (obviously) and I'm wondering what /int thinks is the best option. I'm expecting my PhD to be completed within 4-6 years if that helps.

Attached: world.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Austria is pretty cheap I heard

>walk 20 minutes in Austria
>end up in another country

you mean in Slovenia

why would you want to move to germanstan

Mostly because I'm studying a niche in my field that was historically dominated by German thinkers and I'd like to spend some time learning about them at the source. May not be a permanent thing, more or less just a resume builder unless I really love living there.

Only gastarbajteri go to Germany.

Also I'm young and traveling sounds like it would be pleasant.

I wish you luck. I'd like to do it but I'm a loser.

Nah doesn't make you a loser man. It's never to late to get going again. I've had some pretty bad moments in my life but we can all move forward. Just keep trying user.

Fuck off nigga, were full.

Attached: 1564525106937.jpg (540x680, 61K)

Swakopmund, Namibia.

As someone who's been planning on moving to Germany for a while, I have decent credentials and speak the language around B1 (I'm learning as a hobby above all else) but there's one thing holding me back. The only real way I can sell my family on going with me is living somewhere inexpensive since we'd be bringing a lot of money over, and I don't want to live in east Germany since the point of leaving the US is to move somewhere developed. I also want to move because in general I identify with kraut culture (really Germanic European as a whole (not in a muh ancestry way)) and hate ours

Based on this any recommendations for where to move to? From what I've gathered it's either northwest Germany or Austria, I'm also open to Belgium if they meet these requirements despite speaking Dutch in the good parts

If it helps I'm ethnically German lmfao.

>If it helps I'm ethnically German lmfao.

Attached: 1536696803777.jpg (656x519, 42K)

Yeah sounds like you're in the same boat as me pretty much.

Austria 100%

If going to hitler's youth place isn't a good enough reason, then being able to play ww2 vidya without censorship is enough a reason

this is a certified united states of america moment

Assuming you're
My reasons are completely irrelevant of ancestry and the language (beyond the language being realistically possible to learn)

I'm moving for ancestry, language, and the fact it would likely further my career. I simply meant that we had a similar situation in so far as the family and language learning components went. Didn't mean to suggest or reasons for moving were the same.

Our***

Talk a little german so i can make fun of you. Please.

Not OP aber du könntest mein schlechtes Deutsch lesen wenn du willst

I have that same globe

It looks quite ok.
I'm pretty sure you're a german larping as a mutt mein Freund.

Mein deutsche ist in arbeit. Ich bin OP. I'm taking courses at university for a year before I do my exchange. Only about 3 months in teaching myself.

And why do want to move to Germany?
We don't even have enough apartments here.
We had 120000 homeless people in 2010. Currently we're at almost 2 million.
Prices are exploding. Literally.
Make sure that you've got enough my next before moving.

enough money

Him being German would only hurt him in Austria

Not 100% convinced I need to move but I'm planning on seeing how I enjoy during my semester stay next year. As I've said previously I'm studying a subject for my PhD that is very much tied to Germany and German speaking individuals. I'd likely only be there for a few years to round out my resume before returning to America. Also as far as homelessness goes I don't think you have anything on where I'm currently living lmfao. Commiefornia is full of them. Tents literally everywhere.

Ah okay, I see.
I read about California and all the homeless people.
It's a shame for a supposedly rich country like the us. Poor people, man.

Attached: 1529518662738.jpg (660x716, 53K)

Yeah its ridiculous. Those complete buffoons were building a train that costs more than a moon base (not even exaggerating) while there are heroin needles and homeless people everywhere.

To be fair it wasn't a difficult sentence, if anything I'm trying to improve my accent (which I'm not conflating with pronunciation)
Everyone says this about their country to be fair
>why would you ever come here
>it's shit
>and uh expensive
Personally as I mentioned a while ago I'm bringing a lot of money over and my field will pay enough to keep me comfy at the least. Not sure what OP's deal is but I think he has the wrong reasons

Usually I'm against people coming here. And that's only because I see the downside in bigger cities where gentrification takes places a fuckton thanks to more and more people coming here. People with actual roots in their city or village are getting driven out slowly. But rather an US lad than some more r*fugee.

Dunno, heard Mannheim or Heidelberg is pretty neat.

I would be going next year for a semester in Berlin, and then that next summer for an internship somewhere, likely at a university