Why do japanese have such a garbage taste for manga?

why do japanese have such a garbage taste for manga?
been reading this one all week and only now it dawned on me that it isn't getting any better and it really is going to stay this dull and uncreative till the end. this is supposedly read by everyone in japan. aren't you guys supposed to be really smart and high iq? if a brazilian can get bored and see through the mediocrity of this in a week, I don't get how you nips have trouble doing the same.
that's 6 days that could have been used to read a few more knowledgeable authors with works that could add something to my life. you CREATE this stuff, shame on you... I'm never trusting jap taste for entertainment media again

Attached: A1Ia+6dXfqL.jpg (1559x2462, 1.27M)

It sucks because the protagonist is a crybaby manchild

it's for kids

read Vagabond

the japanese aren't good writers. you just want to look at the funny drawings.

it sucks because the writer could have made something good with this premise with a few hundred chapters but instead it's a story that leaves you forever expecting for the author to GET TO THE FUCKING POINT but then makes you feel super dumb when you understand it's just a brand that is being stretched for a lifetime due to becoming popular and you feel dense for ever having invested in it. never expected people as smart as nips to come up with marvel capeshit trickery.

I enjoy mangas a lot. I read all from mainstream stuff like one punch to more niche titles like mugen no juunin. I don't have a profile in it but I use anime list as a source of recommendation/finding out new titles. I haven't grown interested in that one yet because I'm already reading something that hasn't been finished and it's not as nice of a feel than reading a small but finished work

I loved Shaman King
No wonder the Japs tried to axe it many times with their shitty ranking

Nonetheless my favorite shones
Talking about the manga the anime is completely crap

I've watched a few anime but the flow of manga is better. It started growing on me when I had the habit of reading the manga alongside watching the first animes I tried, and the way it wasn't faithful to the original story had my tism through the ceiling
but also mostly because you can read through stories really fast, even if you take the time to pay attention to everything, the art, details and opt for a slower reading pace in some titles, that's my favorite thing about it
after video games it's my second favorite piece of entertainment
if i wasn't such a brainlet it would be literatute but I've read more mangas than books to try and advocate for that

One piece is kind of boring during east blue saga then it gets better the more you read/watch. There is only two arcs which I dislike : Fishman Island and Punk Hazard, rest is top notch.

pretty based manga if you ask me. no moe-shit, densely-drawn and clear art style(unlike jojo), small and easily readable amount of text which is quite impressive. it's based on a famous Japanese novel. highly recommendable.

Attached: picture_pc_84a0bad3bc54135128ae8fe85d97c53a.jpg (1280x1280, 509K)

Wanting to know the real story as the author tought isn't autistic the problem is that even mangaka are restrained as artists by their editors and other nasty shit that happens in Japan

Some Japanese are good people but the ignorant mass is as ignorant and with a shit taste as the Americans in US

>this is supposedly read by everyone in japan.
No.

>even mangaka are restrained as artists by their editors and other nasty shit that happens in Japan
it's true to Shonen manga, or let's say Jamp mostly, take a look at other shonen magazines, Young Adult shonens like Young Jamp and magazine, and above all nitche ones like Comic morning/afternoon/evening, Beam, Harta and so on, veneto boi

Cringe weaboo

why can't the author just keep it shorter? I'm not getting anything out of the story when a section is finished. I don't understand the point of it all, and the fightings that occur don't really get my brain wondering about anything since there's no favor for logic, tactics and reasoning and it's mostly characters being active for some pages then dealing some conclusion blows that leave me sitting in a shallow pond unable to swim. what did I gain from this trip to this place, what should I hope to gain from the next besides enjoying the magical aspect of their plane?

okay I'll get into that one now that I dropped this. I don't care much for the heaviness of text and dialogue, what I worry more is if the author is gonna leave me hanging after some point and I'll have to reread it again years later to remember smaller details when he eventually decides he has to get back to it

I'll take solace on the fact that there are exceptions then, though I was just generalizing

You might have a point but other magazines have less revenues in general making the mangaka to earn less money correct me if I am wrong but the prestige of a magazine is important

>WE WUZ SAMURAI N SHIT

Unoriginal hack

>what I worry more is if the author is gonna leave me hanging after some point and I'll have to reread it again years later to remember smaller details when he eventually decides he has to get back to it
the latest volume of Vagabond hasn't been published since 2015 lmao
it's even slower than berserk. not gonna recommend it to you then

Attached: 206.jpg (533x800, 88K)

>other magazines have less revenues in general making the mangaka to earn less money
too enough to express what he wants to do. for example Kaoru Mori, who's the mangaka of Emma and Otoyomegatari, could go to Central Asia for her work. Makoto Yukimura, the mangaka of Ebinland Saga, could go to Iceland for the same purpose. lots of mangaka live well off while living their dreams with enough financial support.
>but the prestige of a magazine is important
lots of famous manga have been from any other magazines but Jamp.
stfu

Attached: 132.jpg (533x800, 97K)

I'll place it on a waiting list because of the good art then
I might go for it if someday I wake up feeling an edo vibe

Kata a shit

What make people wanting to publish for sh*nen jump I wonder

Attached: 2ba3a9e4d61cb5fa736ee93e4ef8e21098869589v2_hq.jpg (720x720, 47K)

it gets a wider outside recognition?

like all ragazzi polentoni want to play football in A.C Milano. either good or bad Jamp is the biggest by a long shot

Attached: 1561026603333.jpg (647x587, 61K)

Hence more money

Yes I think
Until people like you fight for good mangas there will be a hope I don't want the medium to be lost since it has great value for me

if gaijins bought manga instead of pirating it, all the mangaka would be richer

Attached: pp,550x550.u1.jpg (492x550, 43K)

nigga

only stupid brainless motherfuckers reads shonen jump stuff.

Read the works of Naoki Urasawa, and watch everything by Satoshi Kon. I don't usually like anime either, but those two are incredible artists.

We buy a lot of manga here, bow

l REALLY love Master Keaton

Attached: 20170119174255.jpg (600x656, 176K)

vagabond is super based
i also really enjoyed 20th century boys, gunnm, punpun, kokou no hito and real/slam dunk

One piece is acceptable only in funny dub anime. Japanese humour on itself is trash but when characters say cyka and blet is funny

Attached: 1565849744715m.jpg (833x1024, 65K)

Je vous remercie, notre Vieille Alliance culturel. Vive la France

Attached: Cb4zNvQVAAAoUVX.jpg (768x1024, 259K)

どうぞよろしくお願いします

>20th century boys, gunnm, punpun, kokou no hito and real/slam dunk
you are super based too. if you want further reading of Urasawa check Yawara and pineapple army. you must be from Romandie.

>Read the works of Naoki Urasawa
I've already done it. twice. really love monster

Attached: 444444.jpg (540x263, 49K)

>t. zurich
thanks for the recs nippon bro

I bought countless of mangaz sometime it's just hard to actually get as Japanese firms should be make the translations inhouse and more faster imho

From when you get the tankobon to where I live it can pass six months

vive notre Alliance

Attached: images (2).jpg (400x345, 37K)

日本が好きです、韓国が嫌いです

>aren't you guys supposed to be really smart and high iq?
the difference is that they read it while they are children of like 11-13 years old while you read it as a grown man.

Same with Dragonball. I loved it as a child but watching it now just seems like watching some massive cash grab garbage without any real content.

I'm only 21. the researches record a lot of adult japanese men who say they read it
I've never really liked dragonball even as a child. toriyama's magic lies on dragon quest