Name 1 (one) Estonian who made a significant contribution to European culture

Name 1 (one) Estonian who made a significant contribution to European culture

Hard mode: don't use google
Nightmare mode: no meme answers

Attached: 6246-004-9DDA0012.jpg (436x276, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfons_Rebane
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A girl I know is getting fucked by an estonian as we speak. Lucky guy.

The Estonian didn't even contributed to the URSS what do you expect from something so useless as Estonia

>Nightmare mode: no meme answers

It's "impossible mode". Objectively many African nations are much more accomplished than Estonia in that regard

Killed a russian

I only know Paul Keres. At least one name in this thread.

Estonian girl in my secondary school use to organize a load of events and groups for my school. Only Estonian I knew of and spoke to lmao.

Anoyne who doesn't know Veljo Tormis or Arvo Pärt should be shot

Carl Robert Jakobson
from what I understand he was a big influencer in developing an Estonian national conscience in the 1800s, without him it's maybe Estonia would have remained a Russian colony and not been a country today. The godfather of an EU nation.
I'm obviously no expert on this but I would probably compare him to how the Swedes helped the Finns develop a national consciousness. Before that the Finnish people saw themselves as tribal groups instead of a national level identity.

Attached: jakobson statue.jpg (600x800, 134K)

>arvo pärt
based

Subhumans

GAYropean culture is worthless degeneracy, why would anyone want to contribute to it?

There are too many desu, you people should start to integrate back to your native Russian culture thou,

Attached: that bottle Ms. Bond.jpg (630x536, 39K)

>Arvo Pärt
Absolutely worthless minimalist, it's simply an elevator music. Just shows how much contemporary classical music degrated degraded over the years. No texture, no rhytm, no spirit, just occasional farts

>Arvo Pärt
Based, I instantly thought about him. Also Jüri Järvet, great acting in Solaris.

Attached: dr_snaut.jpg (852x480, 43K)

based
kys

>Paul Keres
He had his carrier peak after Estonia was incorporated into USSR and he could freely practice and learn chess with superior Russian chess players

I wonder what makes the Russians so butthurt about tiny Estonia.
It's as if the whole Russian Federation would be a modern day shithole filled with the absolute worst sample of the humankind, thanks to the communist purges and decades of low living standards, while Estonia is already a relatively rich and free western country. The only thing the Russian Olgino-bots seem to have as an """argument""" is to circlejerk on the past achievements of the empire that has been long dead thanks to the in-built retardedness of the Russians themselves.
The main feature of these "ye ol' empire-types" seems to be that they have absolutely no personal achievements of their own whatsoever, and no possibilities to accomplish any, thanks to the state of the dystopian dump they're living in (which was caused by the in-built retardedness of the Russians themselves). Therefore the only thing they have left is to compare an empire that existed more than 100 years ago, with a population of 166 million (which also consists Estonians of that time) to a modern nation of 1,1 million people, as if that would somehow make any sense, or as if that would prove ANYTHING else but the absolute absurdity and ineptitude of the people of Russia in the past, present, and future.

Attached: ec86fafb.jpg (1403x992, 205K)

So its only right to call Keres a soviet chess player, not Estonian

Jaan Tallinn

>It's as if the whole Russian Federation would be a modern day shithole filled with the absolute worst sample of the humankind, thanks to the communist purges and decades of low living standards, while Estonia is already a relatively rich and free western country. The only thing the Russian Olgino-bots seem to have as an """argument""" is to circlejerk on the past achievements of the empire that has been long dead thanks to the in-built retardedness of the Russians themselves.

That's the thing, we were one nation, but Estonians always had better conditions to prosper and be creative (German nobility was very strong in Russia, so most educational and other type of good reforms took place in Baltics first and only then in the rest of Russia). Now what did they do with such advantage? That's right, hardly anyone can tell even 1 famous Estonian name, on the other hand name me any deprived shitholish Russian region and i'll come up with a list of people from that region who shaped the European culture. Hell, even Chechens contributed to science more than Estonians lmao

>Therefore the only thing they have left is to compare an empire that existed more than 100 years ago, with a population of 166 million (which also consists Estonians of that time) to a modern nation of 1,1 million people

It's true that Estonian never had a nation because their ancestors were weak and dumb, but their ethnic group originated long before Russians. So if they weren't as worthless as they are they could easily produce something to be proud of even under the boot of their superiors (germs, swedes, russians).

already knew about her but i had to look up her based quote

>Aili Jõgi (née Aili Jürgenson, born 25 May 1931 in Tallinn) is an Estonian schoolgirl who on the night of 8 May 1946, together with her school friend Ageeda Paavel, blew up a Soviet War reburial monument (a wooden memorial topped with a star): the preceding monument to the Bronze Soldier in Tallinn.

>"How long should we watch this red star, a memorial for Russian looters. At the time when all our statues are being destroyed. We just couldn't get our heads around it. We decided that if such robbers are raging in Estonia, they should see how one of their memorials gets blown up. We could have just doused the wooden thing with gasoline and set fire to it, but we wanted it to go with a bang!"[3]

she died just over 2 years ago, on august 9 2017

F

Attached: aili jogi.jpg (530x795, 116K)

>germs
the only thing germniggers ever had are numbers.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (400x625, 122K)

You dont grow in numbers "just because", Germans made a lot to secure their place in Europe

>Still going on with the >wewuz, deywuz argument, not understanding that long gone past achievements are truly, not for the modern day ethnicities/societies/nations to claim, let alone some sorry Jow Forums-browsing individuals who masturbate to Japanese cartoons and have no notable personal achievements in their life.

If we're still going that way, then:
Russia is a multi-ethnic nation. USSR was even more so. And the russian empire even more than the USSR.
And yet there are some modern day, glue sniffing vatniki, who try to claim everything in the past as their own narrowed national achievement, as if that would somehow make up all the misery, death, and turmoil the russians as a collective ethnicity, ruled from St. Pete's/Moscow have caused during the last 200+ years.

A sad day for Russia, when the only comparisons they are comfortable with, are the comparisons to a country with a 0.7% of their population, including the claimed ownership of the past achievements of the subjugated ethnicities of the past.

>Estonians always had better conditions to prosper and be creative
No they really didn't.

>their ethnic group originated long before Russians
And it has always been MUCH smaller and WAY MORE authentic than the definiton of a "Russian" has ever been.

Isn't Skype an Estonian company?

>Russia is a multi-ethnic nation. USSR was even more so. And the russian empire even more than the USSR.
>And yet there are some modern day, glue sniffing vatniki, who try to claim everything in the past as their own narrowed national achievement

Yes, great empires are multi-ethnic, so what? Do you also start screeching when people talk about achievments of Roman >>>Empire

Attached: History of Estonian ''statehood'' .png (843x231, 7K)

Nikolau Teslanovich

>Carl Robert Jakobson
>finnish nationalism was started by fennoswedes
>estonian nationalism was started by estoswedes
is there anything the mongoloids are capable of?

Attached: 1458134383190.jpg (688x800, 124K)

Honestly? I like their flag.

Also my family recently visited Estonia and my mom said it was so beautiful and looked like Game of Thrones IRL.

Only Estonian person that I remember is Kaljulaid and that's because kalju is bald in Finnish :DDDDD and laid is getting laid :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>Skype was founded in 2003 by Niklas Zennström, from Sweden

Attached: 6846866.gif (400x300, 728K)

puppey. destroyed many towers, keyboards and pc screens

Attached: puppah.png (557x459, 181K)

>vidya is an accomplishment
cringe
>puppey
russian

Lithuania:
>crispr (siksnys)
>Multi-stage rocket ( Kazimieras Simonavicius)
>avantgarde (Mekas)

Latvia:
Aleksei Shirov and Mikhail Tal (chess chempions)
Vitālijs Gračov (youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4)

Estonia:
none :(

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfons_Rebane

Attached: rebane1.jpg (581x358, 81K)

>Absolute majority of Russian achievments are done by Russians themselves
>Russians
No such thing if we go 100-150 years past. Basically all modern day nationalism was truly conceived in during the last 200 years. Yet on Jow Forums having "no achievements" usually only applies to non-empires because they can't claim other peoples' "collective achievements", even though the actual empires were the most ethnically diverse. Are you going by genetics, language, or the presupposed identity, or maybe something else altogether? Nobody knows, and it's rather irrelevant anyway, since it truly is about individual achievements, not claiming some other peoples achievements as your own, as many countries especially with low living standards try to do today.
Tchaikovsky was of German-French origin, and Pushkin was German-Danish AFRICAN ffs. Repin was a Ukrainian who lived his last years in sovereign Finland, totally unwilling to return to the Soviet hellhole. Even Tolstoy family originated from HRE. Many of your leaders have been Finno-Ugrics, Germanics, Caucasians and Jews, and even Novgorod was (according to the chronicles) founded by Finno-Ugric and Baltic (and Germanic) tribes. The "origin" of the Slavic peoples is in modern day Poland, Ukraine and Belarus. ´There's your "Russian" identity. It's just as nonexistent as the German sense of humour.

Remember not to smuggle too much cheese with you when you return. They'll spot you a mile away with their dogs.