Why does English spoken in the USA and Canada have so little dialectal variety when compared to English spoken across...

Why does English spoken in the USA and Canada have so little dialectal variety when compared to English spoken across the UK and Ireland?

Attached: images (1).jpg (249x245, 8K)

Are you saying that Californian, Texan, Midwestern, and New Yorkian english are the same?

Less time
We have even less because we're newer. I can basically only pick if somebodies from Melbourne and in general but not always Queenslanders are more broad but thats it.

Yes, that’s exactly what he’s saying. You really shouldn’t speak so condescendingly to your future superpooper, only 4 months remain.

What are you even talking about?

no culture

Are you saying that Prairies, Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland English are the same?

pooperpower 2020

Drumpf and Bernie grew up in the same city and speak completely different dialects you brainlet curry monkey

they have different accents not dialects

Well, they all sound the same to me.

New Yawkas say wawta. Californians say wotter.

Those are accents, not dialects.

Accents and dialects are the same thing, unless you use the definition where accents are parts of a dialect where "dialect" also encompasses grammar and vocabulary instead of just pronunciation, in which case it doesn't matter because it's a part of the dialect.

brainlet post

thats not true. american dialects vary widely

Attached: images(9).jpg (189x267, 6K)

Accents and dialect aren't the same thing.
Accent is the way you pronounce certain words and sounds.
Dialect is your regional variation of the language (non-standard language).
Like, there are Northern and Souther British dialects, which have different accents within the two.

I've been to England a lot and all their accents sound the same except the mentally retarded/poor people ones.

Retard

I’m about to eat a cultured microwave lasagna with my cultured knife and fork, which I need no license for and can do whenever I want.

>repeating what the post said

Accents != Dialects