Why has English stopped using lots of helpful letters?

ð or þ -> th
æ -> letter a in "cat" or "arch'ae'ology"
œ -> the oi in "coil"
ᵹ -> used for a hard g: "growth" "good"

Why did the Romans have to cuck our language so hard?

Attached: 4323423.jpg (466x411, 68K)

>pathetic angl*id weakling thinks it was romans who cucked english
let me present to you the FRANKISH BVLL

Attached: FRANK BVLL.jpg (600x747, 45K)

Unironically pissed about this as well

Icelandic is ðe only uncucked tongue, truly

pissed icelandic and faroese still use " þ " while we have the faggy alphabet

also " Ƿ ƿ " (wynn) for " W w " after " double u" was literally written as " uu "

Attached: tenor.gif (220x184, 8K)

"W" is a "double u" because thats how it was written, in the same sense as romans used V as a U.

Water = vvater = uuater
Bowl = bovvl = bouul

th morphing into d is better than th
dig, du, det > þig þu það

just admit you can't read properly that's why you started pronouncing your th's into d's

Did this occur in the other Scandanavian languages? How did " þ " become " d "?

Elfdalian is the only one that didn't do it completely afaik

i dont know if we even probounce em like d desu. more like a soft th

because þ looks similar to d. litteraly the only reason. danish still pronounces the ths

>the Romans
>our language

It was the French monarchy about 800 years after the Romans left and its not 'your' language, mutt

i think it's written BVLL

Americans don't even know that the th in "the" and "thigh" are two separate sounds that were originally represented by two different letters; a tragedy

ITT BRAINLETS
This isn’t a bad thing. Mourn the degeneracy of English grammar instead
The letters disappeared way later with the printing press
Frenchfaggots had nothing to do with it.

It didn't you moles, 'þ' became 'y', as in 'ye olde shoppe' - pronounced 'the old shop'

and yet here we are, the two of us using it with both of our countries completely using English and legislating in it officially. Odd how that works, bong. Stay mad

Attached: images.png (223x226, 11K)

>tfw there is still no font for the old Hungarian alphabet

Þats it, from now on Í will alƿays use þese letters ƿhile on þe internet.

Attached: IMG_1318.jpg (550x550, 128K)

I was referring to Old English

Not him but back when I was learning old English the websites and forums were most frequented by Americans. Most traffic cams from America. Britain came in second.

>cams
came

That's because there are more American muh heritage larpers than there are people in England
(that's pretty based though, I be mulling over learning it myself)

varför talar engelsmänn fransk tunga?

Du är bög

Hon Hon Hon

That, too

Fuck you, it would make english more unique, compact and interesting to write

Often enough different foods derive from French and English, along with legal vocabulary, and sure there are some French rooted words used in English (forest vs. woods, behead vs. decapitate, beef vs. boeuf), but it's not as though the entire language is a "French tongue"

I stopped learning because i didn’t want to associate with pagan larpers and I dropped it for Arabic and I’m starting Russian now.
It’s really easy though. Robert Diamond’s old English grammar and reader is what I used and I’d recommend it to you. It gives you the entire grammar of old English and then a bunch of poetry with modern English translations right next to it line by line.
The hardest thing about old English is adjectives. Adjectives always have a set of strong AND weak declension so there are essentially up to 60 forms an adjective can take (4-5 cases x 3 genders x 2 number so (only some pronouns have dual)) although in practice it’s usually less.
Anyway good luck if you learn it, old English poetry is really fantastic.

Very few roman words were incorporated in the old english languages during roman occupation. It was through old french that the Brits got cucked. Then centuries later the seeth against the french was so strong that they decided to "latinise" the english language. For example words that end in "-ous" are french words that got artificialy latinised to make them sound more latin (as lots of latin words end in "-us" than french. All the words ending in "-ous" are french words or at least old french words.
Marvellous = merveilleux

Example of “good”.
The Latin alphabet was not designed for English. Might as well bring all the vowel letters back too and completely complicate programming and keyboards for no reason, huh?

Attached: B756FCCF-083B-4756-956E-AA6C919E0F91.jpg (1125x947, 148K)

Based

>Implying g*ths can into alphabet

God finposters are truly cancer.

Yes. As if it mattered what it was designed for. North America was designed for native people, why dont you fuck off back to the other side of the atlantic mutt

>our

>2019
>assuming an American is white

You mean you dont take offense at my insult because youre brown

Yeah

Thats fair

Attached: 1566265191343.jpg (400x425, 98K)