Anyone else here remember the pre-euro time? Talking about the currency

Anyone else here remember the pre-euro time? Talking about the currency

Attached: 1568261238051.jpg (474x540, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hnb.hr/documents/20182/2070704/s-027.pdf/d995baa4-fab7-4417-bb67-3c463cfa24cc
ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/other/mb201202_focus06.en.pdf?75a13c6ab21b9f90935fb8ae6230f15d
eshop.mymarket.gr/galaktokomika-eidi-psygeiou/gala/fresko/delta-gala-fresko-plires-1lt
youtu.be/DwB98n2LaEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

same shit as now

Attached: Eupepe.png (1000x1000, 228K)

pre-euro time? what do you mean?

Attached: 1541857677885.gif (467x398, 70K)

Prices went up the roof after euro was introduced though
Delete this

That's a common misconception:
>Numerous research results show that the effect of the conversion of national currencies to the euro on the growth of consumer prices in euro area countries was generally mild and
one-off. According to Eurostat’s estimates, the effect of the conversion of national currencies to the euro in January 2002 on the overall HICP for the euro area as a whole totalled between 0.1 and 0.3 percentage points.
>Further, the upper bound of the conversion effect on the overall HICP in the new member states also remained under 0.3 percentage points, according to Eurostat’s estimates. Price increases during conversion are most often triggered by the spillover of conversion costs onto consumers, frequent rounding up of prices to a new attractive level and the belief of corporations that consumers ignore small changes in prices while getting used to the new currency, which requires additional efforts in terms of price recalculation, recalling old prices, etc, and seek to use this situation to raise their profit margins.
>On the other hand, there are factors that may push prices down, stemming from greater competition within the euro area and enhanced transparency of prices, as well as the reduction of transaction costs and exchange rate risk.

hnb.hr/documents/20182/2070704/s-027.pdf/d995baa4-fab7-4417-bb67-3c463cfa24cc

Hi, how much is the EU paying you to post here?

150€/hour
Does that make the data less true?

IM BECOME IM BECOME IM BECOMING

Attached: judas.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

yes
a cup of coffee was 2 finnmarks at the time euro came and it was 0.6€ ( 3.5 finnmarks ) within a year

>pre-euro time?

You mean now time?

Attached: 1568630086499.jpg (344x360, 20K)

You had the highest inflation of any country after the euro introduction, at a whopping +0.27% in consumer prices. Doesn't seem like "up the roof to me", I doubt it is even noticeable since it's less than one cent every euro

take a five draghi I lived through this shit and I remember it

(3.5-2)/2=0.75
that's a 75% increase within a year
the rest is drivel

I'm sure your "memory" of the event is more accurate than actual data
That's just his "testimony". Actual recorded data show that the highest bump in prices in Finland was of 0.5%, one of the highest in the eurozone but still around 50 cents every 100€
>the rest is drivel
Believing him is drivel. Every government recorded inflation data during the introduction of the euro (just like every other year) and there were no significant changes in consumer prices

Attached: 1553001675737.png (653x566, 22K)

>Actual recorded data

Attached: 1558457988325.jpg (450x532, 47K)

I'm a boomer so yes

Attached: 1334343220472.jpg (280x267, 14K)

>yes I do believe anonymous people on the internet instead of actual inflation data, how could you tell?

Post some pre-euro French coins

Attached: 1545986198111.jpg (1699x1920, 231K)

>Overall, the euro area has seen very large differences in the developments of prices for individual goods and services since the cash changeover. One clear development has been the upward impact of energy and food prices resulting from international commodity price shocks, alongside the dampening impact of the prices of ICT goods resulting from technological progress in that fi eld. At the same time, services prices have developed broadly in line with average HICP infl ation.

ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/other/mb201202_focus06.en.pdf?75a13c6ab21b9f90935fb8ae6230f15d

>actual inflation data
That's not even relevant to the point

Anyone over 16 knows and remembers it

That just says that different countries had different inflation levels since the euro changeover (around 20 years ago). It doesn't mean that the euro caused it, just that inflation isn't harmonized in the eurozone which makes sense since inflation isn't often harmonized inside of a single country
It is, you're talking about increased prices and that's the definition of inflation
"Remembering" doesn't mean anything. There was a perception of increased prices over the fear of such an event, but at the end that didn't happen significantly enough to be noticed by some people. See pic, you can see the huge spike in inflation perception with no significant differences in actual perception

Attached: 1540043711359.png (790x709, 153K)

>to be noticed by some people
By most people*

>in actual perception
In actual inflation*, wtf I'm retarded

>trusting the fudged numbers some EU related think tank came up with to justify their bullshit

The first paper was from the bank of Croatia, who doesn't even have the euro
Anyway I'm sure you can find the data of that year recorded by the Bank of Finland that show the same thing

>be living in Haparanda
>work in tobacco & lotto kiosk
>Finns come in to buy snus
>take out their monopoly money
>tell them to go and exchange it or withdraw some kronor from the ATM
>they get angry
>but they always do as I say because I have the cheapest snus in town

Attached: 15728893.gif (200x200, 787K)

it also says that some products saw significant price hikes while others decreased
all that considering we can't exclude the possibility that prices in certain countries saw significant raises on basic consumer goods

>it also says that some products saw significant price hikes while others decreased
That's normal over the span of 20 or so years, for example in the US the cost of food and electronics went down while college and healthcare got more expensive, it isn't really a currency thing
>all that considering we can't exclude the possibility that prices in certain countries saw significant raises on basic consumer goods
We can definitely exclude that as we saw before, recorded data show no significant increase and that's a fact

Attached: 20yearsofeuro.png (960x656, 476K)

>le expensive coffee

Coffee is always getting more expensive. It's risen from 1.20 to 1.80 here in the past 2 years.
2 fucking yuros to run some hot water over some beans.
Fucking tourists and their gentrification.

>actually falling for the jewro

Attached: ObpmFWV_d.jpg (640x500, 48K)

Yeah. Wages were absolute shit but things were cheap. Before adopting the euro prices started rising, and have steadily been rising ever since, and they're now similar to places like the Netherlands for example, but so have the wages risen, but they're still low unless you're le code monky.

Some inflation over 20 years is extremely normal. It's actually pretty low now both in the EU and US and it is becoming a problem

>some inflation
notice the percentages?

are you blind? those figures are extremely fucked up

Attached: 1445.png (678x620, 51K)

There isn't a dataset or a source to those so for me they're just random numbers on a table on the internet
Inflation in Greece doesn't seem to be outside of the normal, it's actually a bit low lately
What country does it refer to? Nothing seems outside of the normal anyway, it averages at around 2% which is the target for yearly inflation pretty much everywhere

Attached: 1547521173897.png (773x618, 110K)

of course, since im a 25 yo boomer
my 23 yo zoomer sister does not remember

Attached: 1558077467103.png (992x940, 415K)

i'm just gonna leave this here :r)

Attached: Untitled.png (863x626, 44K)

Yes. I was saving in German marks. Those notes had soul compared to euros.

Attached: download.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

>it's business as usual for the banks so all is good

Uh? Inflation has nothing to do with banks
Do you know what the word means?

>There isn't a dataset or a source to those so for me they're just random numbers on a table on the internet
those numbers are all accurate more or less
eshop.mymarket.gr/galaktokomika-eidi-psygeiou/gala/fresko/delta-gala-fresko-plires-1lt

Do you know that the average person doesn't give a shit about inflation?

What user posted is probably accurate Your wages decreased and prices of goods didn't decrease at the same level, meaning that they got relatively more expensive. Still, that happens in every country during every recession, otherwise it wouldn't be a recession

Well if the average person buys stuff then yes they do

Economical equations don't put food on the table
"inflation is at an acceptable level" does not translate to "things are good"

Are you retarded? Inflation means "prices of consumer goods are increasing". Deflation is the opposite
If there is +100% inflation on the price of pasta your dinner got twice as expensive as before. It's quite literally what people put on the table
>"inflation is at an acceptable level" does not translate to "things are good"
I agree, but we were just talking about the euro's effect on inflation here

Prices rose before the crisis, right after the introduction of the euro

Dijsselbloem stated that wages in Greece were raised by 60%
Guess he lied about that one too.

Didn't you get it in 2001? It's literally the most stable period in your entire countryìs history regarding inflation

>we were just talking about the euro's effect on inflation here
you're the only one here arguing that at this point

>Dijsselbloem stated that wages in Greece were raised by 60%
Weird, it isn't mentioned anywhere when you google it
Well yeah I demonstrated that the idea that such a thing happened is bogus. What are we really discussing at this point?

>What are we really discussing at this point?
The same shit that I started right at the start of the thread
before you went full retard and started going off about how inflation is the only factor in all this

user, bear with me. Do you understand that your claim "the price of a coffee went up" literally means inflation, right? That's what inflation is, prices of things getting more expensive
Data on inflation definitely show that the price of coffee didn't significantly increase, however many people expected it to happen

>40%
Still a lie
youtu.be/DwB98n2LaEk
7:50

Inflation isn't the price of one commodity going up by the overall price level going up

Yeah, that's what I said (things getting more expensive). All the sources I mentioned broke it down to the inflation of most goods and services though, so it's even clearer

You're still arguing that it's a single factor cause (inflation)
You're naive at the best and retarded at the worst

>You're still arguing that it's a single factor cause (inflation)
Inflation isn't "a cause", it's an indicator (of prices movement). There can't be multiple causes of inflation, but obviously inflation can't cause itself. Data on inflation showed that the euro didn't cause inflation
>You're naive at the best and retarded at the worst
You're most probably retarded and still don't understand what inflation even is

gdp rose by 40%
Lose 30%
Wages rose by 22%
Lose 30%
Thanks eu

>can't
Can*

>yes I do believe financial think tanks owned by oligarchs just give me impartial uncorrupted data

Attached: 1517105830004.jpg (588x823, 109K)

>data on inflation come from think tanks

Attached: 1566733730170.png (1440x1557, 738K)

Holy Shit you must be a Bocconi zoomer. You're fucking retarded and don't understand how economics work

Attached: L30E.jpg (250x174, 5K)

Wow that's such a strong argument

Retard, you're not being given data, you're being given their interpretation of data
>there's totally no agenda behind the organizations making a claim, financed by the same oligarchs that want the Euro to succeed

Attached: 1517276432893.png (645x968, 108K)

I bet you also think the finances of a nation are like that of a household

>Retard, you're not being given data, you're being given their interpretation of data
That's the entire written part of the document (which you didn't read). The data are the graphs and available publicly, usually collected from a central bank or independent statistical offices
You can google inflation data yourself and there are multiple sources
Nope, and that has nothing to do with inflation too

user, as a person who lived in the 90s before the Euro was introduced, I assure you that you have no idea how much better we had it before that disgusting currency landed in our houses.
You have literally NO idea how good we had it, compared to now it was literal paradise.

I am not going to read your cringe document because I lived through that shit and I know how much more expensive everything became.
>usually collected from a central bank or independent statistical offices
Central banks and "statistical offices" (whatever you think that means) are not independent, retard. That's a fucking myth for mindless Bocconi drones like you

>You have literally NO idea how good we had it, compared to now it was literal paradise.
Wow it's weird how the entire country doesn't base its economic policies on the opinion of some internet user
>I am not going to read your cringe document because I lived through that shit and I know how much more expensive everything became.
Your opinion isn't a fact. Show me some data
>Central banks and "statistical offices" (whatever you think that means) are not independent, retard. That's a fucking myth for mindless Bocconi drones like you
You can calculate inflation yourself, retard. Just go check the price of milk or whatever at your supermarket every month or so and you can calculate its inflation over time, it isn't some mythical sicrit formula only banks know
Maybe a beginner course in economics in Bocconi (or any university or high school, really) could help you

>Wow it's weird how the entire country doesn't base its economic policies on the opinion of some internet user
not my opinion, just facts
>Your opinion isn't a fact. Show me some data
Cringe
>You can calculate inflation yourself, retard. Just go check the price of milk or whatever at your supermarket every month or so and you can calculate its inflation over time, it isn't some mythical sicrit formula only banks know
That's exactly what people did, when prices suddenly doubled after the Euro was introduced.
>Maybe a beginner course in economics in Bocconi (or any university or high school, really) could help you
Of course you're a Bocconi drone. You are a brainwashed accounting moron that doesn't understand economics at all, but gets fed with a lot of bullshit pseudo-economic propaganda.
I am very highly educated, thank you, even have a degree in Economics. Stay fucking mad lmao.

>not my opinion, just facts
What facts? Post a source
>Cringe
So no source
>That's exactly what people did, when prices suddenly doubled after the Euro was introduced.
Surely you have something to back this claim
>Of course you're a Bocconi drone. You are a brainwashed accounting moron that doesn't understand economics at all, but gets fed with a lot of bullshit pseudo-economic propaganda.
Lol I'm not even from Bocconi, but inflation is a beginner topic in any university
>I am very highly educated, thank you, even have a degree in Economics. Stay fucking mad lmao.
Lmao please tell me where you graduated, I must avoid studying there like the plague if they don't even teach what inflation is

>central bank or independent statistical offices
And why exactly would they ever release data that isn't in their favor in some way? They're gaming the system and it isn't even subtle

>And why exactly would they ever release data that isn't in their favor in some way? They're gaming the system and it isn't even subtle
Because anyone with a calculator and some free time can check if those data are true

>Because anyone with a calculator and some free time can check if those data are true
You're a retard, that's not how it works

Did they teach you how to calculate inflation in that very good university of yours? In all truth you probably don't even need a calculator

The Euro was created to cement Franco German hegemony and keep the Italian man weak and subservient. The Euro was always an Anti Italian project, created by Masons, Protestants and Atheists.

>Literally everyone, in all euro countries, that do shopping everyday, immediately recognize the doubling of prices overnight after the introduction of the Euro currency
>NEET that has his mommy do all his shopping 20 years later: "actually no, you see, it says here on this piece of paper that prices didn't actually go up, so everyone is mistaken"

Attached: 1568926955628.jpg (512x564, 41K)

Based and, dare I say it, redpilled

>Literally everyone, in all euro countries, that do shopping everyday, immediately recognize the doubling of prices overnight after the introduction of the Euro currency
And somehow the entire thing didn't get recorded by anyone, and didn't cause a huge spike in inflation? Really makes you think
If you data to prove that I suggest you write a paper on the topic and publish it, you may win a Nobel or something

Cringe

how can you get right answers by calculating data that was purposefully biased from the get-go

Nice argument
user, you don't understand what inflation is. The "data" are the prices of goods, and you can check them yourself at the local grocery store, and calculate their inflation over time as well. How would they be biased?

it was already calculated ITT that the price of a cup of coffee increased by 75% in a year when the € was introduced here

Nope. I posted the paper on that and it seems like the highest inflation in Finland was around 0.5%

based

I wipe my ass with that paper
The people affected by the switch to euro aren't EU-funded academicals with an axe to grind

Lmao, those are not even "EU funded academicals", it's just the Bank of Croatia, and they don't even have the euro
If you have any way to prove that there was such an increase, again, write it down and get your Nobel prize. Otherwise shut up, you're starting to sound like a flat earther

Yes, you could buy a tyropita from the school canteen for 100 drachmas I remember. A few months later tge euro was introduced and suddenly it now cost 1 euro/340 drachmas.
Everything was cheaper back then

>If you have any way to prove that there was such an increase, again, write it down
Here

fuck the EU, fuck the euro and fuck g*rmany

That's not a proof
I can say that the price went from 1€ to 10.000€on Jow Forums too, that doesn't make it true

Your source is the central bank of Croatia
How do you know they aren't pulling their data out their ass?

Because, again, inflation data are publically available and anyone can check if they're true or not

Again with the inflation? That's still just a single factor and isn't some universal code to decoding the global economy like you make it out to be

You're retarded, I'm sorry
Those data from the Bank of Croatia SHOW inflation. You can't falsify that since there is nothing to falsify, everyone with a bit of time can check inflation, which is just the change of consumer prices over time
Just because it has a weird name it doesn't mean anything weird. It also isn't any kind of universal code, just a way to measure prices which is what you're talking about
Prices go up = inflation, I really can't put it simpler. Prices go down = deflation

>euro is introduced
>does inflation happen?
>go check prices before and after
>they're mostly the same
>inflation didn't happen

That's the entirety of that paper you won't bother to read, basically

>>go check prices before and after
>>they're mostly the same
But that's not what happened at all

Why do you confuse micro and macro scale of prices?
How are you this bad at economic papers?

I was 10 when we started using euro, but dont really remember much. I was a kid, wtf did i know abuot money?