I just realized Poland is richer then Portugal

Should Poland really be considered poor? I don't think so.

Attached: Flag-Pins-Poland-Portugal.jpg (400x320, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=634422&page=42
youtube.com/watch?v=B8qK6U1EwUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>using poortugal as standard for richness
silly turnip

Can't they be used as a standard for poverty and once you pass that poverty treshold a country should no longer be considered poor?

Poland is first world developed western country.

>Poland is richer then Portugal

Attached: 1565591634076.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

you tell me

Attached: screenshot-www.google.com-2019.09.21-11_29_57.jpg (1600x1504, 684K)

Woah

Attached: screenshot-www.google.com-2019.09.21-11_32_40.jpg (1600x1496, 715K)

they looks almost identical

>cherry picking pictures from Poznań
just kys marcel

Portugal? More like POLTUGAL

YES WESTERNERS, TELL ME MORE

Attached: 1538237162664.jpg (2448x3264, 751K)

Wow.

Attached: screenshot-www.google.com-2019.09.21-11_37_09.jpg (1600x1524, 740K)

don't stop

Attached: 1551464855793.jpg (315x293, 38K)

>take pictures from commie blocks in Poland
>take picture from newly build blocks in Portugal
kys marcel, new buildings in Poland look exactly the same as in your Portugal pic

You are cherry picking to make Poland look bad and make Poortugal look good.

DON'T STOP WOWING AND AHING, I NEED IT TO FEED MY INFERIORITY COMPLEX, CMON WESTERNER. DO IT.

Attached: 1547616253305.jpg (495x362, 17K)

Poland has a very healthy and growing economy. Poland in 2019 has a higher GDP per capita than Portugal. The average wages in Poland are quickly catching up to the rest of Europe.

Poland is not richer than Portugal at all, even when it already has equal GDP per capita still Portugal managed to accumulate so much wealth throughout its 'golden age' (1974-2007) so Poland will need decades to catch up with them

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, I AM ALMOST THERE

Attached: 1561177312973.jpg (800x600, 34K)

So, what made Portugal stagnate so much that it allowed Eastern Euro countries to catch up? Czechia, Estonia and Slovenia probably already surpassed Portugal in wealth and quality of living.

I'm going to say it's mostly genetic. There seems to be something about those parts that have selected for high individual corruption and laziness. On the other hand, the Eastern European countries have finally escaped the iron fist of communism and are now quickly catching up due to a mindset of hard work.

Controversial, yes. True nonetheless.

THANK YOU, I WILL BE BACK FOR MORE

Attached: 1550327807847.gif (796x414, 126K)

Poland should be considered boring and hard to have any kind of feelings about.

>people who think slavery makes countries rich btfo

their economy doesnt get to suckle on big german tities. thats not even factoring in eu gibbs (I doubt they are a huge factor anyway) simply being next to the biggest economy in europe creates a lot of business.

>quickly catching up

Attached: 1549534817380.jpg (1200x960, 387K)

I read somewhere that Angola might soon surpass Portugal. I don't know if that's true or not because Portugal still has a lot of their ex-colonials travelling there for work.

Attached: jakubmarianminorities.jpg (1300x1300, 396K)

>germutt with savior complex
every time

Attached: EU.png (768x465, 174K)

Portugal had a vast colonial empire, and was the last European nation which tried to actually hold on to their colonies by force. I think the collapse of their colonial empire put them in the sorry state they are in. They probably lost access to the raw resources their economy needed to keep going after their colonies secured independence for themselves. Also, I don't think democracy is good for some countries. It thrives on peoples' worst characteristics: laziness, short-slightness, passivity and disdain for responsibility.

I wonder how rich we would be if we didn't have communism, probably like Japan

kys. We would be on the level of Switzerland for sure.

Attached: screenshot-www.google.com-2019.09.21-12_01_55.jpg (1600x1496, 756K)

Attached: 4fdegfe456.jpg (1596x1504, 873K)

Damn

No communism = no WW2 as otherwise communists would never get into power. Poland would look radically different. Europe would look radically different. In Eastern Poland you would travel for miles and everyone around you would be Ukrainian or Belorussian.

Attached: 1234.jpg (780x777, 109K)

please stop, I don't have the energy yet.

>In Eastern Poland you would travel for miles and everyone around you would be Ukrainian or Belorussian.

So? Why do you think it would affect (especially hinder) our economic development?

We would've had highways all over the country by the 1970s, Lwów would be a top European tourist destination and we would save our industrial giants from before WW2 that were destroyed by the war and commies.

so you deny that being next to another bigger and richer economy is a benefit? you can make the same chart for mexico. still mexican economy is kept afloat by american business.
a lot of the profit that flows out simply wouldnt be there without the german companies making that profit. thats how investments work you pour some money and get more out. we pour some money into eastern europe and get a lot more out of it. that doesnt make you poorer new wealth is generated.
its a mutually beneficial relationship.

if someone is interested in how Poland has changed over the last 10 years I recommend reading through this thread:

skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=634422&page=42

Poland is actually really dope belive it or not

It really is.

Can't argue with that bros

>you can make the same chart for mexico. still mexican economy is kept afloat by american business.

Well, actually it doesn't help them as much, since they're still pretty much at the level of Brazil, that doesn't have that American support and economic diffusion through the border.

And while German investments are obviously appreciated, the Polish economy can't be dependent only on one trading partner.

People in what used to be Eastern Poland were poor, extremely so and many didn't saw themselves as Polish either and harbored separatist tendencies. Galicia itself was the poorest region in Europe. In the East, people were living like medieval serfs, illiterate, without education, healthcare, roads or electricity, with diseases such as cholera, typhus, smallpox and syphilis still rising their ugly head. Poland was one of the poorest nations in Europe, even before 50 years of Marxism and Leninism.

Attached: 1qrpzkl79ya21.jpg (960x783, 125K)

>And while German investments are obviously appreciated, the Polish economy can't be dependent only on one trading partner

look I am not saying that. point is poland is in a much more central and advantageous geographic position than portugal. thats just my attempt to explain why they are doing so bad. just let me larp as germany letting poland and czechia suckle on its breasts to grow strong from german milkies the though of it is hot.

Actually the biggest problem of Poland is not the economy per se, just extremely weak cultural impact on the world.

Poland is completely unknown as a country, despite being almost 20th biggest world economy. Most of people in the world have no idea where it is located, what it is famous for, what cultural traditions or history it has. No one knows Polish music, Polish movies, there's literally one video game that made it to the top but still - it's mostly for nerds, 80% of the world still can't list anything from Poland. If not for Lewandowski, no one would know any people from here either.

Germany also has to deal with this issue, as their cultural impact is extremely unproportional to their vast economic power, but it's a different scale obviously.

>so and many didn't saw themselves as Polish either

I don't see how it is a problem. A lot of people in Spain don't see themselves as Spanish yet these are actually the richest regions in the country. A lot of people in the UK don't see themselves as English, in Finland - as Finnish etc.

> Galicia itself was the poorest region in Europe.

Not really, only in Austro-Hungary. The Balkans, big parts of Russia, maybe even southern Italy or Spain were poorer.

And still, it doesn't make sense to think that nothing would have changed after the 1930s. Look at that Spain, they were also a backward, underdeveloped country destroyed in their civil war before WW2 yet in the 1980s they were already an advanced economy.

>Germany also has to deal with this issue

thats mainly our modern cultural impact that is nonexitant. our only world wide known cultural impact in the last decades is 99 red baloons and modern talking. and gothic for eastern europe weirdly enough (top taste I might add)

>modern talking

and only because they sing in English, same about Boney M

only Rammstein is an exception but again - it's a niche

nah.
But in the future maybe, since we are importing tons of non whites (brazilians, blackies) etc that have made the country fall.

Attached: wealth010e_per9a1ndn0md2016-020x3233-5dac_3d3_2sg.jpg (1919x1336, 209K)

we can't change it until we shill for ourselves and an idea like that is the cringe so pure that almost material.

poland is rich
all country in eastern europe admire poland

>average wealth per adult meme map
You can't measure average wealth, there's literally no way to get reliable statistics on it. What if you have your money in mortgages? What if you have it in index funds? You can't even collect statistics on this so posting maps of it is completely meaningless.

Most countries in the world feel like this, it's not really a problem. It would only be a problem if you didn't actually have a problem. It's only a problem for you because it gives you an inferiority complexo when you flag post in a North American controlled Mongolian stamp collecting forum

>made the country fall
have faith in your Mother

Attached: Fatima_0752_(19796283042)_(cropped).jpg (614x1092, 151K)

Actually only Romanians and Ukrainians.

Czechs and Slovaks look down upon us, Hungarians compare themselves to Austria, Baltic countries - to Scandinavia, rest of the Balkans - to Slovenia/Croatia and don't think about Poland at all.

I was actually pleasantly surprised when I found out how 'popular' Poland is in Romania. People compare Romania to Poland a lot indeed.

Portugal was poor before that too though was it not?

Attached: rm0sjg11s7p11.jpg (1080x1036, 151K)

Polish movies and some of polish culture is pretty cool.

>Most countries in the world feel like this, it's not really a problem

Not really. Look, Poland's economy is pretty much as big as Argentinian, but Argentina is far, far more famous than Poland. Everyone knows Buenos Aires, tango, Argentinian food, pampa, Aconcagua, tens of football players etc.

But when you ask about Poland somewhere in India or Nigeria you will just get:

>eee....is it in Russia?

half of the national treasure of Poland had been sent to London and the other half to Romania. Guess which half made it back.

We do think about Poland though. Poland is always given as an example of supporting its own food producers (low VAT), successful renovation projects, etc.

>why yes, we haven't had a recession in 28 years, how did you know?

Attached: muhgdp.png (803x979, 55K)

poland has quite fattened in the recent ten years on the german money, it's not poor anymore, poland rich, poland strong

median wealth per adult is the proper way of measuring how 'rich' or 'poor' is the average retard. GDP stats are more related to the production value of a country. Yes USA has enormous production and your production wealth could be all gathered to the top 1%, making most of you poorfags. Hence also the difference between mean wealth and median wealth.
and not only that

Attached: quality21_life_190w_2017_002087010b_x12-03-sd_3da2-c-5c2a2_8v.png (1040x588, 85K)

yeah, but to know anything of Polish culture you need to be a Mongolian stamp collector

for an average person in the world Poland is completely unknown

Maybe at some things, but in general Lithuanians also have that condescending attitude towards Poland and Poles and simply think Lithuania is too good to compare it to Poland or to take the example from Poland, it would be humiliating for Lithuanians, especially that they have a very low opinion of Polish people.

Also eastern Europeans usually dislike Poles because they supposedly destroy the opinion on Eastern Europe in western Europe. Especially Lithuanians are mad that in the UK Eastern Europe often means just Polish and when a Pole commits a crime, the media write about 'an eastern European man' so Lithuanians are also targetted, while Lithuanians think they're better than Poles as people, commit less crimes etc.

On the other hand, Lithuanians are angry British people often call them Poles or when advantanges of Eastern European immigration are discussed all credit goes to Poles because Eastern European = Polish, someone speaking with an Eastern European accent = Pole etc.

>climate index

that's some meme indicator

This, we pay tons on gibs for immigrants on lisbon suburbs. Let's hope that now Poland and Czech rep are rich too so we can send them there, or say to africans or zillians that we are poor, so they don´t come here.

Attached: imigrc2016_iminvas-2-z_3_25.png (1280x800, 191K)

>Let's hope that now Poland and Czech rep are rich too so we can send them there, or say to africans or zillians that we are poor, so they don´t come here.

Nah, we will never have it simply because we have no colonial heritage

90% of your blacks are people from your former colonies, you owe this to them

France, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Greece sending all the poor africans and syrians migrants to Poland. No more weight on socialsecurity, education, wealth..

Poland is better to live if you want to make money.

Portugal is better to live if you already have money.

/thread

Sweden, Norway, Germany, Greece had colonies? rotfl

And we owe them nothing.

>numbeo
lmao fucking retard, not only is it based on what random retards type in but also according to them Portugal has a lower local purchasing power than:
>South Africa
>Belize
>Zambia
>Botswana
>China
>India
>Namibia
>Barbados
>Libya
>Kosovo
Tell me if it sounds right to you

Attached: local purchasing power.png (1034x976, 81K)

for one without commies your still might have been a part of the russian empire because you know no october revolution too

you also wouldn't have had quite a lot of your eastern lands those would have been german

>Sweden, Norway, Germany, Greece had colonies? rotfl

but their immigrats are different than those in Portugal

I said most of YOUR blacks are from your former colonies and this is true

for some reason, you don't let people from former French or English colonies so easily

more or less

Attached: EI2019_Quality-of-Life-15_2019º_ç3re.png (1123x562, 73K)

>yeah, but to know anything of Polish culture you need to be a Mongolian stamp collector for an average person in the world Poland is completely unknown

Mate quality is more important, people like all sorts of horrible low quality shit that comes from america for example. But in Poland you have great films,great artists, great directors,that's something to be proud of. The people that do like Polish culture like It for the right reasons.

>for one without commies your still might have been a part of the russian empire because you know no october revolution too

he meant 'without commies in Poland' not without commies in the world at all

>ignoring the uk, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium and his own country having most of their migrants come from former colonies

>but their immigrats are different than those in Portugal

They came here for the same reasons, quality of life, wealth, safety, gibs

> you don't let people from former French or English colonies so easily

Everybody can come since we are ruled by muh white guilty tards. You will reach there too,now that you are rich.. kek

Attached: gdp_per_cpita_2018c3x_e4m_d2-21-4_-9_6-93.jpg (1600x902, 285K)

>current prices
kek. 99% of people use this and none of them have any idea what they're talking about

Its probably like 10 percent genetic(meds love relaxing instead of working). 30 percent cultural (Portugal was relatively traditional for much of the 20th century I think. The industry while there was lacking in comparison to other Western Euro Nations) and 60 percent the country was horribly corrupt towards the end of the monarchy and the begining of the Republic. Had Portugal some stability in the early 20th century we would see it be far more productive and economically relevant.

Spain only had to deal with tiny Basque country. Catalonia had some separatist tendencies but Catalonias did not engage in well-organized and common acts of terrorism. The Troubles in Northern Ireland are a more proper example of what an ethno-religious conflict looks like and it required considerable allocation of founds, resources and security personnel to keep the province stable. The Volhynian Massacre proved Poland had a problem with Ukrainian ultra-nationalists that was not addressed before the outbreak of the WWII. If the pre-WWII borders were kept then I think Poland would need to permanently keep security forces stationed in Eastern Poland to keep things in order, similar to how Russia has to do the same with Caucasus.

Sweden or Portugal sending all the immigrants that suck millions on gibs to Poland, i doubt they would accept it. But of course we can larp we are poor and say them to go to Poland (because they are good tier now) or something, it would be a good strategy.

The Nordic is the most racially autistic in all the world they make ideal bureaucrats and administrators but theres a certain awkwardness to them. Something almost cold. Meds are far less productive but I've noticed they're more prone to social interaction and diplomacy

Why are you so racist? These people are Portuguese, that's what Salazar staunchly emphasized - Angolans, Mozambicans etc were Portuguese. You conquered their land, you stole their wealth and you granted them the right to call themselves Portuguese but now you would deny them entry to their motherland - Portugal? They speak Portuguese, the behave like Portuguese, they read Portuguese books, watch Portuguese movies, they're nothing like immigrants from Africa in Sweden who don't always want to integrate.

Don't be such a smug-fuck sumoi. When Portugal was a continent-spanning Empire, your shithole was non-existent.

this, it's payback time wh*tey

*western lands ofc

fucking hwan empire i swear; autism array crimes against humanity

>but theres a certain awkwardness to them. Something almost cold.

I know what you mean. They are almost fucking scary to be honest.

Attached: Nordic Autism.jpg (2592x1456, 731K)

Colonial powers also build roads, hospitals, bridges, road infrastructure, provided education and training to the locals, eliminated slavery and prevented various tribes and religious zealots from wiping out their neighbors in a frenzy. Colonialism was the best thing that ever happened to Africa and the current sorry state of that beautiful continent is due to the sad fact that European powers are no longer allowed to intervene directly.

thats because we only border sp*in while poland is sucking germonies tits

From my interactions irl with Scandis I've noticed they're very hesitant. They seem very insecure. It's almost like they have to compare themselves to others or something.

A lot of Meds and Slavs I've met though are the exact opposite. They're very active and let their thoughts be heard. They don't care what you think of them as lomg as they achieve their goals and have fun in the process.
I new a guy whose roomate was Swedish and the kid was a fucking robot. Went over to hang with him at his dorm amd all his roomate did was play Xbox and look at social media. He wasnt even a weirdo. He was realtivly popular among the exchange students.

Nordic are the East Asians of Europe

We actually border east Germany that is poor and has no industry.

Only countries that border Bavaria and Ruhr really benefit from Germany's neighborhood.

>Went over to hang with him at his dorm amd all his roomate did was play Xbox and look at social media. He wasnt even a weirdo. He was realtivly popular among the exchange students.

Ahhh very clever burger bro.

Attached: getty_494847834_20001601181884391120_387819.jpg (970x450, 41K)

A shame it wasnt pewdiepie. This kid played vidya weird tho. He would play fifa and play one game. Once it ended he would shut off his Xbox and play on his phone. Then 15 mins later he would start up the xbox, play a game of FIFA and shut off the Xbox after one game. Repeat for 3 hours

Nah, we just keep a cold shell up to protect us from wasting time and effort on frivolous fucks like yourself. If you could stop being such a spastic for a moment and slow down to actually initiate some kind of meaningful interaction, then you'd be much more likely to get a positive response. If all you desire from your interaction with someone is to "be very active and let their thoughts be heard. They don't care what you think of them as lomg as they achieve their goals" then you can keep it to yourself. We have no interest in such self-centered egoistic matters. I mean, why try to interact with someone if your attitude is "don't care what you think" from the get-go? Wouldn't you jsut be better off keeping that to yourself then? Just buzz off. It's a win-win for both parties, really.

youtube.com/watch?v=B8qK6U1EwUI

Attached: 1568737491041.png (743x634, 82K)

Poland and Portugal should unite and take over Europe in a classic pincer movement.