How popular is HBO's Chernobyl in the rest of the world...

How popular is HBO's Chernobyl in the rest of the world? Did the American show do the real events justice even though the Soviets had been opponents or was it really biased to make the Soviets look bad? Are there any other Jow Forums-related telekinos like it?

Attached: chernobyl.png (1920x960, 2.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N8__v9EswN4
youtube.com/watch?v=FfDa8tR25dk
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Incredibly popular its like the #1 series of all time on IMDB. from what ive heard from eustern euros the costume and prop design was super accurate. dont know about the events but what we know from the red menace it was probably portrayed too positive if anything

All Chernobyl did was kill a few of our sheep so we couldn't care less.

Besides, most people in this country were sympathetic to the soviet union around the time of the disaster because of Thatcher.

dunno. is it trending? then probably yes. as long as its trending it's being watched but the kind of person who's really into tv series look like pic related round these parts

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

>was it really biased to make the Soviets look bad?

this

I listened to the podcast with one of the writers and it sounds like they did a lot of research and the show is pretty close to real events.

anything from HBO will contain globohomo capitalistic messages. Don't fall for them.

>Besides, most people in this country were sympathetic to the soviet union around the time of the disaster because of Thatcher.
what

Attached: 1540465736889.gif (250x262, 981K)

its just jews trying to make people scared of nuclear power even though it just a shitty rbmk

the screenwriter is pretty pro-nuclear, my dude

t. retard

It was good and maybe first american show about russians that not total dehumanisation of russians since 1940's but they make Dyatlov 10000 times worse than he was irl and that a ugly thing about it. Also some things never happened, like Legasov speech on trial

its hella good. Also rustled the ruskies jimmies so got a few lols out of that too

RBMK reactors aren't supposed to explode though

Did Dyatlov bully his subordinates in real life?

He was strict but not such a angry retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=N8__v9EswN4

Thanks user

This was a really good show, a lot of my friends enjoyed it.

Attached: 1566237162059.jpg (1650x1275, 530K)

Basically what this hue said ; retarded hipsters acted super stoked about the incredible tale of Chernobyl and blablabla. Then they moved on to some other series and forgot all about it.
I mean it wasn't a bad show but these types of people acted as if a Netflix series enlightened them. I knew more about Chernobyl than them when I was 10 from watching NatGeo back when it was good.

it doesn't have anything to do with netflix lol

It must be nice to have friends that are into kino

It was an HBO show, not netflix.

>Flying almost a thousand kilometeres on chopper
>talking inside a chopper
>High ranking official of the party threatening to throw from a chopper (!) member of Academy of science (!!).
>holdomor survivor babushka for whom "tsarists" (what the fuck) came before communists
(who and how and why came to here before 1917, just ffs did they think about what they were making at all?)
>drinking vodka on work
Did you ever try to drink a glass of fucking vodka and do at least something after that?
>drinking vodka just constantly in general
>drinking vodka without eating a snack immideatly
>member of academy of science living in the lowest class khruschovka
The show is good at reconstructing that time's stuff but all these details are just insanely dumb if you think about that

Also minister of coal was gigachad, he was huge, very tall and work half his life in coal mines. Absolutly not office twink in show.
And gerneral Pikalov, one who drive truck to test level of radiation was veteran of Stalingrad, Kursk and Berlin.

Attached: 1559909756182291724.jpg (508x600, 176K)

>holdomor survivor babushka for whom "tsarists" (what the fuck) came before communists
That was cringe as hell

Yeah and also no fucking minister would ever go to make people go somewhere threatening them with guns, these dudes would just get a notification to come to conscription office where they would get drafted (and as they were in reality, and what's weird they actually depicted conscription procedures correctly in a 'dude shooting dogs' arc, although how they depicted the process of hunting dogs is yet again just dumb.

>gerneral Pikalov, one who drive truck to test level of radiation was veteran of Stalingrad, Kursk and Berlin.
Based guy desu

>Incredibly popular its like the #1 series of all time on IMDB.
What the fuck? No its not

Just finished reading Midnight in Chernobyl and these bits mentioned here

annoyed me. There was no reason to make those changes. They didn't add to the story, they just shit on real people's legacies.

>tfw reading about Dyatlov writing to Toptunov's mom after Toptunov died saying her boy did nothing wrong and they were just being scapegoated by the reactor designers and their higher ups

Attached: based lad.jpg (400x320, 20K)

What is the equivalent russian chernobylkino?

youtube.com/watch?v=FfDa8tR25dk

Thanks dude, I'm going to watch that later before bed