Survey thread

so as far as I've searched, most of US univ diploma cost a 120,000~160,000 $ to take.
amerianons, do you guys think it's as worth as it takes ?

Attached: 1553132104583s.jpg (250x173, 6K)

Most people that don't go to college are unemployed or work for poverty wages

So yes, but only out of desperation

yes

>most of US univ diploma cost a 120,000~160,000 $
This is completely wrong. If you're goal is an out-of-state private school in some field like medicine then maybe.

Burger here that is not true at all. At this point in-state tuition at public universities plus living cost puts the 4 year total around 80,000ish. If you go out of state it can be like 160k though yeah. It is all about making smart decisions.

Is the 80k worth it if you major in engineering or finance? Probably. Women's studies? Probably not so much.

lol you can make more money going to a trade school than college

All trade schools are within colleges.

Lol no. Maybe after like 10 years in your trade you'll make a modest $75k~. The only people really making money with trades are ones that own their own business

For some careers.

You can probably make more as a truck driver or mechanic than as a teacher. You can probably make more going to college for medicine or computers though.

Probably? No, unless you major in something like fine art, you should be definitely be making more than a truck driver.

>120,000~160,000
it could take much, much less if they are smart about it (going to a community college and transferring to a better college and working while studying).

>working while studying
Not even worth it desu
You're making peanuts at some part time shitty wage job, it's not even worth the stress, and it will barely put a dent into your total costs.

Truck drivers can make 50-60k now

Why gook can’t afford university but chink can

You should be making at least that out of college. Even run of the mill business majors from no name colleges can get that kind salary

Lel no they can’t.

There's a difference between the cost of degree and cost of attendance, some schools give you enough aid that the degree ends up costing $20k over 4 years

I fucking rate how shallow the world has become. You're a piece of shit if you don't hold a master's degree by the age of 25. Yes goy, slave away your precious youth at the academia instead of porsuing life goals such as getting a wife and saving money to buy a house.

You're paying for it no matter what. Americans take it on directly as debt while people in other countries pay it back through taxes.

Maybe not in flyover USA. But in bigger cities, you absolutely can make at least $60k out of college

Attached: taxasso.jpg (673x263, 25K)

Isn't 60k year a poverty wage in NYC?

>posts the most expensive place in the world

Attached: 1569198127372.jpg (1200x768, 187K)

Depends where you live, NYC is huge and you can live downtown in the financial district where the condos are worth millions, or you can go live in cheaper places. You can find a decent place to live with a $60k salary

I'm not saying college students aren't making 50-60k, I'm saying there are teachers with Masters degrees making 45k and truck drivers making more than that.

Fuck when I worked as a truck driver I worked for a guy who took home almost a mil a month because he owned the branch. When we were talking about why I was leaving and I brought up going back to school to get an MS in computer science he was immediately intimidated.

Not that as a computer professional I'll be bringing in that much, just that he was shocked. He definitely inherited the money to purchase the branch of a trucking company and definitely wouldn't make it if he was 20-30 years younger.

Well if you want to make money out of college, you have to work where the money is. No way around it

Attached: taxassoseattle.jpg (668x264, 24K)

This is your anecdote? Someone who is literally the top 0.00001%?

The satisfaction of making your parents proud worths more

What the fuck are you even whining about? Are you scared your college degree is gonna be a waste of time and money?

I'm saying it most likely won't be, you absolute fucking idiot. But if this is your level of emotional intelligence and communication I can guarantee it doesn't matter where you work since nothing will save you from getting shit-canned.

I can agree with that, but nothing beats doing something that will make yourself proud.

According to the internet:
>the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the Big Apple is $2,980

If you take out taxes on the salary, stuff like bills and health insurance, you'd barely have enough to buy food and commute, and definitely not enough to pay back the college loans

You have no point, you're just bringing up random anecdotes

There are places under $1k around NYC, it it won't be a comfortable living situation.

Source: I have a friend that moved there and lives frugally.

Of course, NYC is very expensive. My point was that you can find cheaper places outside of Manhattan that are closer to what you can afford. Also, that's starting salary, you're going to move up from that

>1% above national average

I just picked a random city

Attached: taxassosanjose.jpg (663x256, 24K)

>San Jose
Are you going to choose San Francisco next?

If you are in a state with a good public university (Virginia, NC, California, Michigan) it costs 60k or less and it is worthwhile almost 100% of the time.

Outside of those, it depends on if you're going to a good school and what degree you are getting.

>t. CompSci at UNC

Well, if you want to build your career.. you have to work where the money is. There is much more potential for upward mobility if you're where the businesses are.

Attached: taxassocphoenix.jpg (679x255, 24K)

>imagine paying for your degree
>rather than getting paid for it

Attached: pyssyjäbä.jpg (250x353, 17K)

Based euros

>not studying for free

I go to university because I don't want to work haha

Do people actually do that haha

if you live with your parents you can save up a lot of money for those two years

True. But I feel working the part time job is so you don't have to live at home

nope the part time job is to save money for the last two years so you don't get fucked by loans that badly.

Attached: the champ.jpg (600x800, 84K)

Hmm yes I see. Fortunately I only had to take out one loan for my last year

I went for free on the GI Bill from my father, so the tax payers paid for everything including housing, books, and everything else :^). I already have a job offer for 60k and a promotion after 24 months at 75k, and it's with the government so I can't get fired, except for treason. I also have some other offers coming through too

Based and bragging pilled

Only worth it if it isn't a meme degree, i.e. chemical engineering (at a reputable uni), medicine, law, etc

Is uni """free""" over there?

Attached: 1567177347622.png (655x527, 282K)

for scotland, the tuition is covered by the government
not sure for the rest of england, though I think there is a similar system in place for the poorer folk

nobody except the rich or the absolutely retarded would have to pay that much due to financial aid and shit, going through med school then you probably will but you also start at like $150k-200k or maybe even more depending on location
median debt is closer to $20-30k for a bachelors

Got to brag about something in my life, because I'm shallow and have no other redeeming traits

im about to graduate with electrical engineering bachelors and have like $20k in debt, i think jobs start at like $60-80k for the field. although i plan on continuing education and getting a masters and maybe phd in a similar field that will probably put me at closer to $80k-100k depending on location, not that big of a bump but the work will be much more interesting to me and i will be able to work on cool projects i think. not sure how much the masters will be but at the absolute worse (i.e. living fancy on loans) i come out with $100k in debt which shouldnt be that bad if i just live frugal and work to pay it off asap. at best i get accepted straight into the phd program which is free tuition + $30k/yr stipend so i would be debt free by the end.
hopefully i can find some sort of qt gf/wife while in grad school and get married eventually but that is the most unrealistic part in this post t.b.h

Attached: 1568904907366.jpg (219x371, 39K)

At least they have enough equipment to make experiment and such. I would think that's reasonable.

>hopefully i can find some sort of qt gf/wife while in grad school
I hope for the same thing fren..

i dont think i am ugly but i just am not very social at all and getting to know some women will be the hard part, especially since im in a high male % field. i hope she will be in grad school or med school too but that may be asking to much. i think i will just join some clubs and hope to meet someone...
good luck to you, i think we will both make it

Attached: 1532140520709.jpg (1010x897, 68K)