Why would I buy bitcoin if there’s an infinite supply? Even though there’s only 20 million bitcoins...

Why would I buy bitcoin if there’s an infinite supply? Even though there’s only 20 million bitcoins, anyone can go and create their own bitcoin which would add another 19 million coins to the supply, repeat this ad infinitum. I can create an infinite number of copies of bitcoin, every copy being just as legitimate as the original, therefore bitcoin has an unlimited supply and is not the “digital gold” that people make it out to be. Why the fuck do people keep buying in to this obvious scam?

Attached: 94B89587-0377-4CE8-828E-FB1283EF3350.jpg (1200x800, 244K)

Well then don’t buy any then. Easy.

For every copy to be as legit as the original they would all need to have identical mining arrangements. You haven't even tried to understand what Bitcoin is.

Attached: Titties.jpg (1080x1350, 96K)

if you believe this why aren't you printing yourself bitcoins

because they don't have the hash rate BTC does...

it's almost like says, you think you're clever but you don't even understand what Bitcoin or blockchain or PoW is...

Why would anyone use dollars. Even though the fed claims 3% inflation, any country can go and create their currency and 100 of trillions additional units to the supply. I can create an infinite number of copies of dollars, every dollar being just as legitimate as the original

stop being retarded

>anyone can go and create their own bitcoin which would add another 19 million coins to the supply

Attached: 397.jpg (720x650, 82K)

This. OP is a fucking brainlet.

Hashrate is immaterial, the only thing that matters is whether the coin has value. It's a little bit extreme to equate a copy-paste coin to BTC at a 1:1 rate and say the supply is doubled, but from the digital currency perspective every single crypto that is spawned removes potential value from BTC (from its marketshare), which is effectively the same as infinite inflation. Some even function better.

This has to be bait. No one is this stupid.

Lol plz show me how OP please copy and paste your bitcoins to the chain and see if anyone confirms the transaction. That’s not how this works that’s now how any of this works

Bitcoin has a fair distribution of wealth, network effect and infrastructure, high security.
A shitcoin copy cat will never be accepted or traded anywhere. It's like wondering why nobody will accept your indian rupees in a starbucks.
Plus shitcoins have no liquidity so their "value" is inflated.
And forks or airdrops are like dividends. You can dump it for profit or just keep it.

>every single crypto that is spawned removes potential value from BTC (from its marketshare), which is effectively the same as infinite inflation. Some even function better.

this is becoming less and less true, diminishing returns has set in and the number of ICOs decreases and the amount of money each is able to raise goes down and quite a few have since failed to hit their goals since the 2017 frenzy. Bitcoin has value because it was the first. It was the only coin that wasn't ruthlessly mined since its inception by speculators, thus making it the only currency or digital gold type coin that has anything approaching a "fair" distribution that important and rich players in finance and industry would ever accept.

The absolute state of bait.

i don't think you understand how bitcoin works

nice bait though

idk, a lot of people unironically think this and it's a common point people in the mainstream press bring up to counter the idea that bitcoin is actually deflationary, the problem of course being that they don't understand the value of bitcoin specifically that other coins do not have.

go and start your facebook or youtube and let's see if anyone gives a fuck
no one likes knock-offs
>b-but muh shitcoin is faster!
no one cares, no serious money will ever flow into insecure shitcoins created by some scammer

Printing dollars with your printer is even easier than creating your own crypto bro!

>but from the digital currency perspective every single crypto that is spawned removes potential value from BTC (from its marketshare)
all the shitcoins fighting with eachother actually legitimize bitcoin. Just like fiat collapsing in venezuela legitimizes bitcoin/gold

Shitcoin maximalists always treat it as Bitcoin vs all other coins together but show me an individual coin that can come even close to bitcoin.

All trash

Attached: 1512664769992.jpg (600x412, 122K)

Start by going back and actually read the whitepaper, or watch a video from someone explaining how Bitcoin works, because you clearly don't get it. There is goign to be 21 million bitcoin. Period. You can't create anymore unless you create a new shitcoin, which, invariably will have little or no value by comparison, because it won't contain 10 years of amassed Proof of Work.

Hey retard, you think the fake iphones are in high demand? Pro tip: they aren't and it's pretty hard to unload them.

>There is goign to be 21 million bitcoin. Period
Remember when there were 184.5 billion bitcoin for awhile until they forked the chain to undo the transactions? But muh immutable ledger!