Anyone else here do affiliate marketing with paid traffic (popups, display, native, etc.)...

Anyone else here do affiliate marketing with paid traffic (popups, display, native, etc.)? I dabbled in it a few years ago and after losing a lot of money from testing I was able to get a few profitable campaigns but then got busy with other things like crypto. However I started back up a couple of months ago and I now have a number of stable campaigns bringing me passive income.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else here does affiliate marketing and media buying. I'd assume some of you would considering it's one of the best ways to make an income online.

>pic related, my ad stats from today so far

Attached: Screenshot_90.png (1173x149, 23K)

Why is affiliate marketing so fucking hard? I just can’t do it despite my best efforts. I guess I’m a brainlet

I just fucking bought discount to G2a and waited a year. 200% ROI

Affliate marketing is easiest job in world.

The problem is that many beginners see that they're just bleeding money and not seeing results so they give up. "Losing" money is the most important part as you're not actually losing it, you're paying for statistical analysis on what placements/ISPs/OS/browser/bid/etc. will perform. Once you have gathered sufficient data and the offer is converting, you can stop targeting the placements that aren't converting/aren't profitable and watch your ROI go up. Split-testing a large number of landing pages and offers for each campaign is also imperative. I was down roughly $2000 before some of my campaigns started becoming profitable.

Were you using a tracker like Voluum or BeMob? That's essential as it allows you to view all the relevant tracking information to make your campaigns successful.

Attached: Screenshot_91.png (1175x154, 24K)

>I just fucking bought discount to G2a and waited a year. 200% ROI
What does that mean? I'm not familiar.

Attached: Screenshot_93.png (1154x154, 23K)

>probably some beaner posting pics of his $120 profit
>ohitsnothingatall.jpg

how scalable is this? Would you expect $1000 if you invested $500?

I don't know what you're implying, I'm just posting my live stats from today so far. It's 1pm where I am and I expect to end the day somewhere between $275 and $350 in profit like usual. It's very scalable, you can launch as many campaigns as you want. For example I could have an iPhone X sweepstakes offer for Germany running on 3 different traffic sources, an adult dating offer for Australia running on 2 sources, etc.. And within each of those campaigns I can increase the ROI by testing new landing pages and blacklisting placements that aren't performing well. I know people making $10k+ per day doing affiliate marketing.

You will most definitely lose money at the start while you're learning and acquiring data but if you stick with it and study the right techniques you will be profitable soon enough. It takes commitment like any other skill/job.

What site is this?

It's a tracking platform called BeMob. It tracks your spending and revenue and about a thousand different variables which relate to your advertising campaigns.

I do affiliate marketing with organic traffic, it's hard to get conversions though, although the traffic is 100% targeted, but only get like 100 leads/day

Oh yeah? What sort of organic traffic, search engine traffic from you doing SEO on your sites or social media, etc.? Also what sort of offers are you promoting?

I have a website, ranked first on google for my searchterms, this gets me about 3000 - 5000 visitors a day. And i can lead about 100 of those to a clickbank affiliate which earns me about 300$/month from clickbank and 150$ from adsense.

But it depends on seasons, and winter is great, but in summer i almost earn nothing.

thank you user for being here.
can you tell me where to start to get into this?

here are my stats for last month. Note, this is 100% targeted traffic.

Attached: clickbank.png (1601x132, 20K)

>Have website built for AM
>just have to sign up for Amazon affiliate programs and the like and start putting products on the site
>can't do it

I don't know what's stopping me. I'm finally at the point where I can get it started but I'm scared. It's basically a catalogue site I plan to spam to Facebook and Instagram normies to get some shekels, but for some reason I just keep making up excuses not to start.

h-hello op,
n-nice statistic, m-man.

So, for the absolute digital brainlet that I am, what exactly is ""affiliate marketing""? Can you put it in 1 or 2 sentences maybe with an example. I honestly thought this shit is 100% meme magic (=lies and garbage about muh pessiv incum), I am shocked you are legitimately making money with this.

T-thank you, s-sir.

Attached: 1500316663554.png (532x474, 366K)

too high expectations and pressure to fulfill your dream of making it?
I've seen this in different contexts. You push something all the way to date x which you think will be the deciding factor of epic win or epic lose. All the work put it can prove to be absolutely for nothing in case it fails - least thats what you think. Its a bad habit of how you see things and enterprises in general, however. Get more like this

Attached: 2du0adbl48u.jpg (960x960, 305K)

How can I start? Any resources or videos? Do I need my own website or landing page for that?

There's a lot of resources on AffiliateFix which is an AM forum. I think there's a "Newbies/Where to start" series of threads linked on the home page.

AM in a nutshell is basically promoting other people's sites/offers and getting paid when users register/buy something/etc.

I've been working on the idea for a year and a half. Saved my money to build a site and get trademarks etc, got in a car crash, set back to square one. Then saved up again and started the site, now I'm finished and finally making progress.

The person who told me about AM said Ill bleed and won't make money at first, trust me, I know that I won't turn profits for a while. It's not going to discourage me either since I'm not a stupid brainlet and can understand ROI isn't overnight. I'm just scared I guess, the first step is always the hardest. But I know at some point soon ill stop cowering, I spent every cent I had to get it to where it is now. I'm not about to let it go to waste.

In my experience Amazon affiliate sites that have only average SEO/page-rank barely make any money, maybe like $2 a day. You need to be serious about SEO and finding low-competition, high volume keywords. Also just get started man, if it "fails" then you at least have an idea on how to improve and succeed in it on the next try. Seriously, determination to make it work and not give up quickly is key. Try try try, never stop.

I plan on shelling out on ads and such, it won't be solely organic. I'm somewhat knowledgeable in marketing and advertising, which is why I figured I'd get into AM. Marketing has always appealed to me, it seems to be in my blood since I've always worked sales positions and have a lot of charisma. It's the right field, I'm just on the edge of the pool waiting to dive in. I don't really have friends I can discuss this with since they're brainlets and don't really get my concerns or what I'm doing, and this Malaysian butterfly collecting forum is the only place I know to discuss this shit without having a gay forum culture etc.

if the car crash was severe, it may be some psychological barrier you are facing. It sounds weird, but we had a case in family where someone couldnt finish her her thesis because her father died while she was busy getting her shit done and she could never finish it afterwards, cause she had some kind of traumatic dependency between writing her thesis and a loved one dying.

tl;dr: Just do it.

>AM in a nutshell is basically promoting other people's sites/offers and getting paid when users register/buy something/etc.

This is great. Its not necessarily that you need a shop system within your site, or is it? I would think 'leading' potential customers to merchants offers would be enough?

Attached: 1485417039572.jpg (480x640, 170K)

Yeah... I just said the car crash because it set me back a lot financially. Interesting take on it, but I'm pretty sure thats not it.

one more question, OP, if you dont mind:
Are all the systems (dunno how to call it) behind your doing given or would you ring up different shops and ask them if they are interested in an affiliate deal. I would think the bigger players all have affiliate programs, yes, but given you would need a smaller, more specific target, do you need to 'arrange' things first or is there some kind of underlying systematic that works for all gigs?

Attached: 1528375210791.jpg (880x959, 221K)

Ah ok cool. Personally I'm not really into the whole sales thing and talking bs to people so I'd rather do it in a 3rd party kinda way by making/stealing landing pages for mostly sweepstakes offers (win an iphone, win an amazon giftcard, etc.). I'm a comp-sci major so I'm more into coding the functionality of the landing pages, doing data analysis and optimizing campaigns - it's super fun. Good luck with your site.

>This is great. Its not necessarily that you need a shop system within your site, or is it? I would think 'leading' potential customers to merchants offers would be enough?
Exactly. You don't need a shop or anything like that. You sign up to an affiliate network and they have thousands of offers that you can promote. I use landing pages, called pre-landers, between the actual ad and the actual offer's website. You can steal landing pages with spy-tools or by manually spying on ads using VPNs for the country you're targeting and just edit the LPs. You just work as the intermediary buying the advertisements (popups are a good place to start for beginners, cheap and huge volume).

Give me your skype or discord or something if you wanna chat some more about it and are looking for tips and stuff.

so what is it exactly that you do? Do you have a website? Or are you litterly some middle-man pressing buttons and taking cuts?

Ah I see, fair enough dude. Yeah I'm more doing a website that is a catalogue of products all with individual affiliate links. I wish you luck on your landing pages as well, fren

this answers too, thanks.
As for the skype or discord, Im afraid Im not very well connected to these things. As originally posted, Im an analogue kind of guy... got a smartphone just very recently for example. All this online marketing stuff feels like meme magic to me. Appreciate the input, tho. Good thread

Attached: 1528380532020.jpg (1819x1500, 428K)

ok one more for the road: I understand you are setting up landing pages, right? Ad -> LP -> shop is how it goes, ok. But why exactly would you need or want a landing page then? Whats the functional part about it? The ad generates clicks/interest, the shop sells the stuff that is advertised. What does the landing page do, what is its role in this setup? Is it only the searchability in terms of SEO?

Attached: 14571825.jpg (545x363, 38K)

My landing pages are more aggressive than the offer's page. As I said, I'm promoting sign-up offers such as "Win an iPhone X". So my landing pages may have a "CONGRATULATIONS! You could win. Spin below" and have a spin the wheel game with an iphone and other stuff on the wheel. They'd get 3 tries and on the 3rd try it would land on the phone and redirect them to the offer site which would be like "Enter your email address to be entered in the draw to win an iphone" - much less aggressive/less chance a cold-lead would sign-up. Make sense?

so the work you are putting into the LP is to make the offer more appealing to potential customers.
>Full 6" of penetration instead of only the shops 4"
I thought this was more about content, like a blog about x being an affiliate partner for shop that sells products relevant to x.

You seem well off with what you do, but an anyways, godspeed user!

Attached: 1481664421018.jpg (900x901, 588K)

>I thought this was more about content, like a blog about x being an affiliate partner for shop that sells

Yes indeed, landing pages can also be "advertorials" which have an article about the product which sends them to the sale page. Usually these landing pages are used for native ads, you know the ones like "You won't believe these 3 weird tricks to fight wrinkles" that are on heaps of sites nowadays? Those sorts of ads make shittonnes but you need a big budget for testing. The higher the payout, the higher the budget you need. A lot of those sorts of offers pay out $100-$500 per sale so you can imagine what it would cost to get sufficient conversion data to be able to make it profitable.

What affiliate network do you recommend? They all seem to have terrible offers

Can you explain to me what exactly it is that you do? Do you own a website or a blog?

What's your email address or something? I'll send you special links with the networks I use to get you approved and in touch with an affiliate manager who can help you out big-time. Always speak to your AM about current trends and good performing offers.

The answer to all your questions are literally in my posts in this very thread.

Attached: Screenshot_98.png (1168x150, 23K)

[email protected] thanks user

Interesting thread\

Attached: d5375506c71a34778c7f0f026c8e72b7.jpg (300x250, 13K)

Sent!

Cheers bro, I hope I can spread some knowledge.

interesting I have only 4k daily users and adsense earns up to $30-45 daily now before Christmas. My website is offering free stuff so my users are not even in buy mode

Haven't received anything yet, can you pls resend. and do you have a discord?

What's your discord or Skype?

anon1616#6710 and burnerman#3155 also asks to be added

Alright I'll add you guys soon. I'm out at the moment.

Your conversion rate sucks balls. My site (organic traffic) gets only about 1k visitors per day and earns anywhere from $50-120 per day.