I'm actually interested in having a serious conversation and hearing from people who regularly browse biz but are NOT...

I'm actually interested in having a serious conversation and hearing from people who regularly browse biz but are NOT invested in chainlink. What are your reasons? The past year biz has dug up a mountain of information that has certified the potential of the project. It's been hard to ignore. Do you you prefer to have other positions and have stronger beliefs in other projects for various reasons or do you really think smart contract oracles are not a bigger opportunity? I see a lot of solid projects here, but I just think link is the biggest potential by far. Just curious what's the reasoning behind those who are majorly invested in blockchain #4226 or utopian tech projects.

Attached: images.jpg (223x226, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.ibm.com/tutorials/cl-extend-blockchain-smart-contracts-trusted-oracle/
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is going to be one of the hardest dumps on main-net and the project will basically fail because people will never use it for anything other than to PnD, which will completely fuck the tokenomics and make the whole thing useless. Sergey will realize this and just disappear along with the rest of the team. SWIFT and co will realize this, and begin to quietly remove any references they have to this embarrassing experiment which - who knows, might have succeeded if it wasn't for the retards who infest this place and run painfully obvious shill and fud campaigns. Many of you will experience the kind of hopium crash which actually kills people, and I suppose suicide is a fitting reward for some of the more smug retards who clutter up this board, but I hope it isn't all of you. There will be no more memes, no more dreams of lambos or whatever NPC tier 'rich person's car' you've picked out in your imagination as you're left in the dirt holding a bunch of link bags. Even a fraction of the money some of you invested in link could have helped you make it during the next bull-run in a legitimate project. Imagine that. THAT is what you should be visualizing. Not your stupid fucking holiday home, not your imaginary future "faithful" gf / wife, nor an early retirement where you don't need to toil away at menial tasks for your betters from inside your 9-5 existential prison cell - you should instead be visualizing yourself scraping together what little money you have left in the wake of your devastation to try and ride something like BAT or Holo up, and your dream of MILLIONS OF DOLLARS suddenly becomes a much more realistic 100k-200k at most. I mean it's not bad - more than you intellectual runts probably deserve. You'll all see I was right. I always am.

I'm hoping to make more money short term so that I can go long on chainlink with a bigger bag.

user please not in this thread, just for once. Let us be sincere as brothers.

Json parser

I would be heavily inclined to hit a person I saw in RL if they were wearing a chain link shirt

Why

Because of the toxicity the shills have here, and the fact that someone paid for shilling to be done here.
I actually used to get good info here, and there was more trading of ideas than the poo flinging that goes on now.
Chain link didn't kill biz. But they covered it's corpse with a mountain of shit

I would feed you your liver if you even tried.

Let's go, I'll know you if I see a chain link shirt

I don't know.
This project has been so thoroughly vetted by the most autistic people on the planet, but I still believe it's a scam.

I'm gonna wear it every day even though it's -50 degrees outside.

fuck off paid shill

because the critical networks for which to provide data and api access are the non public ones
eg hyperledger corda and quorum
they looked at chainlink and have a simpler solution
they will not be using chainlink
chainlink will only work on a public blockchain that will be unable to scale to the extent that no serious enterprise will use it

because crypto currancies are retarded not backed by anything physical or legal and your money could just disappear at any moment and you cant do shit

which has happened several times before

> The basement dwelling autist coefficient on this one is too high.
> Paid organized shill attempts to get autists on board.
> Bizanons fantasizing about “making it” and what they’re gonna do.
> Has a real cult dynamic

Too many autists expecting this to moon.
It just doesn’t pass the smell test.

Most high return investments are only open to a select few big investors or something that absolutely no one has heard of.

Link doesn’t fit any of that.

It may moon but I’d give it a 1% chance at best.

I would make a smart contract out of that with your allowance. Let me explain. So when your angry level is above a certain amount, if thats the case, the contract would trigger your digital bowel stimulator. This means you would shit your pants before you would actually shit your pants. Thats the beauty of oracles and the future!

Except it’s literally dumping right now. Target: 5400 sats

>Too many autists expecting this to moon.
Oh you mean like ETH?

I'm not invested in chainlink because I don't actually see it being as ubiquitous as Jow Forums likes to think it is.
Yeah, oracles will be important, and I can see link breaking a few dollars eventually, but $1000? I don't see it.
People think that the price of link needs to be high in order to insure the value of contracts the nodes feed into, but the fact of the matter is that the amount of link staked in the node doesn't have to equal the value of the contract the node is feeding info into. The amount of link just has to be enough to pay the lawyers, accountants, programmers, etc that will be necessary to reverse the faulty transactions (which will always be a small fraction of the actual value of the contract).

And Jow Forums also seems to think that chainlink is the only cowboy in town regarding the feeding of info into smartcontracts. IBM has been working on their own oracle solution called ODM. developer.ibm.com/tutorials/cl-extend-blockchain-smart-contracts-trusted-oracle/
IBM's ODM works in a different manner to chainlink, so I could see businesses using both chainlink and IBM's ODM. But the fact here is that ODM will definitely steal market share from chainlink.
Biz thinks that chainlink is a slam dunk to lambo land, but I've read the whitepaper and done a lot of research, and I don't think that chainlink will be as huge as biz and all the memes make it seem.

So what are you invested in user?

Ctrl+f decentralized
> 0 results

chainlink is just a fucking jason parser FFS, anyone could implement it

Attached: pajeetlink.jpg (1630x558, 122K)

>What are your reasons?
Because all cryptocurrencies are gamble at best, complete scam at worts

The thing you're all forgetting is that we are in a race to beat industries to an actual utility. Unless a coin, including chain, can actually do somethibg right now that a big industry company can't do better, it'll get washed out when a finished product gets rolled out

>Complains about toxicity
>browses Jow Forums
fuck off nigger

I'm not looking to shill on biz. I'm just relaxing with a drink on a sunday evening.
the fud becomes the shill. just shows you where the brainlets are invested at the moment. chainlink is obviously pumped as fuck rn.

If you think people are paid to shill this coin then you're retarded.

Too busy playing playing dice at tronbet.pro

My statement is a clearly fact. Fud is ...Fud

It's pretty fucking simple. I've made about $400k off my initial investment of $600, and I've done it by quite literally doing the opposite of what Jow Forums does
You all are fucking morons. 99% of this shit is absolute garbage. Find the 1% of posts that matter. Every once in a while someone posts gold. They'll get archived in about 30 minutes so you're better off looking on page 3/4.

tl;dr: Jow Forums gives terrible advice

What did you invest in

I don't own Chainlink because it's a meme used only on Jow Forums exactly like fingerboxes are a meme only seen on /b/. Sure, you can find references to chainlink elsewhere, but then, Ayo's Fingerbox has a wikipedia page: they're still a meme.

Chainlink caused alot of anons in Jow Forums to go in balls deep thinking they were going to hit the next 100x after Bitcoin. No. They have been mugged off into funding a lavish lifestyle for Sirgay and all his friends. >Clap clap!< Well done! Someone made it ... it was not the user's who bought in though.

The only question is - what happens when they realise? Pitchforks and lynchings? My money's lots of KYS and those without the bollocks will turn youtube up and reach for another hotpocket.

Chainlink is a meme.

Attached: 1376232024679.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

Absolutely based.

There are a few golden nuggets here but you have to be able see though the 99% of absolute imbiciles shilling here.

so many newfags on biz....they all fell for the paid shill lurking this fucking dolphin cum trading forum

IBM's ODM is decentralized. You obviously didn't even read the webpage. Just because the word 'decentralized' isn't in the webpage doesn't mean that IBM's ODM is centralized.

no joke I saw a faggot wearing a 0xBTC t-shirt in the east village in manhattan a few months ago. I didn't hit him but holy shit did I want to

checked. just sold 100k

I agree with this user 100% although based on the info we have now LINK seems pretty damn likely to hit ~$5 at some point and thats enough for me to make it. the hordes of poorfags on this board thinking it will hit $1,000 or even $100 are going to remain in poverty like they deserve.

$5 making it means at least 500,000 link which means you had a minimum of around $80k to throw at an insane gamble which makes you either brain dead or already /madeit/. Either way, hard to take your post seriously.

>Jow Forums gives terrible advice
>asks for advice on Jow Forums

The absolute fucking state

Long answer short: Bitcoin is fucking king and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Your only goal here should be to gain sats.

I looked into chainlink and I'm not long-term bullish. I have traded it a little, ridden some pumps, my current position is zero.
The chainlink token does not have a good value proposition. Utility tokens are a fairly transparent attempt to escape SEC regulation, and almost all rely on economic fairytales. Chanlink assumes people or companies will want to buy and hold large amounts of a volatile token, but it totally fails to incentivise this. When a smart contract can buy and use a currency in the same transaction, the money velocity goes to infinity and the transactional use case does not hold water.
The "staking" use case assumes that huge amounts of real world value will be used to secure oracle requests, which are perhaps the worst example of a transaction to prop up a staking currency since they are many and low value. Only the tiny cost of each individual request need be covered. Since holding a volatile token has a large implied cost, those who offset their stakes with short positions or other hedging can offer larger stakes and lower fees, outcompeting those who do not. The pool of staked link will therefore be almost entirely matched by hedging positions.
This all assumes that chainlink does become the dominant oracle provider, which is by no means a sure thing, with competitors and other options (most likely data providers signing data directly) real threats to their model.
Oh, and the team holds most of the supply, there's a billion tokens, and an offputting cultish atmosphere. $1000 started as a joke and is now apparently being taken seriously by a fervent cadre of link acolytes. It's a great window into the sunk cost fallacy and economic illiteracy.

Ok. Why not state it as a feature then? Who runs it, not ibm? Also the system sounds different to chainlinks usecase.

I have 100k so thats about half a mill but this isn't my only investment

>he doesn't know about the white labelling

>technically pointless
>retaeded API calls, tons of them
>Jow Forums meme shit no one else is discussing anywhere else, this isn't an accident
>tokens are not currency, they have a specific purpose that serves 0.001% of people in the world, nobody cares about crypto that isn't currency in the long term, ETH being an exception (ETH is 'gas' for running decentralised apps)
>only available on chink and pajeet exchanges, I wonder why
>reeks of elongated vapourware scam, no hard exit, just very slow deliberate fake progress
>band-aid fix to a dying platform which is losing the faith of its creator
>retarded Jow Forums shilling working in reverse making me hate DrainStink and Sergey even more

$5 is ambitious. My estimate is about $2 after 3-4 years post-mainnet. The link network needs time to mature, but smartcontracts are also going to take a few years to permeate business. People don't understand how much time adoption really takes. It took several years for all of the tech developed in the dotcom era to mature. Code needs to be written. Legislation needs to be passed. A lot of shit has to happen before we can even think about link hitting $2 much less $5.

Not to mention, even if DrainStink somehow succeeds, that doesn't mean the tokens that you bought are going to be worth any more than $5, it is literally not in the interest of DrainStink to have their tokens at a high price. If you don't see this you're a retarded zoomer who has no technical or programming knowledge, like most DrainStink holders.

nice fud user, keep it coming

Attached: 1537856607105.jpg (474x251, 22K)

You’re absolutely right. We should all wait and invest in a few years.

Chainlink is a meme gone way too far. If you unironically think it's going to be "the next big thing" you fell for the shill campaign and belong on r/cryptocurrency

Companies will package ODM and chainlink together as they develop their oracle white labels. It's long term bullish for chainlink. People who are going to hold for a few years will be rewarded with decent gains. A 5x is seriously nothing to sneeze at. Boomer stocks will definitely not perform as well over the next 5 years.
But there's going to be more pain in the near future. People who buy chainlink now will have to hold at a loss for a while. Mainnet will not result in a 500x and anyone who thinks this is falling for fomo delusion. Link is seriously pumped right now b/c of all the announcements. If you want to invest in link then I'd advise to wait a few months for the hype to die down.

you're ignoring speculation though. XRP is worth nearly $20B and nobody uses it. not saying LINK will be worth the same but it could easily hit $5 or even more if the market goes bull and hype continues.

Attached: 1251670553900075.jpg (400x386, 25K)

>Most high return investments are only open to a select few big investors or something that absolutely no one has heard of.
like chainlink you mean

I think all tokens are shit

The problem with your assessment is that the oracle standard has been in development for over 2 years now almost 3.

We are nearly there. Mass adoption is just around the corner, Town Crier and all its partners are now Chainlinks Partners, Consensys, Accord HQ, SWIFT, Hyperledger, etc etc.

Its all happening now and Mainnet is around the corner. Will probaby launch this month.

I feel bad for those that saw the clues all these months on Biz and didn't take a dive. It is literally the only mid cap size token that has gone up 400% - 500% in a bear market.

For all those that still doubt singularity, well...theres only one thing left to say, Stay poor.

XRP paid Bill Clinton to endorse them. They are a hype machine. Chainlink is the exact opposite. No one will even know they are using chainlink when they use it because of the white labels. You also have biz fudding every single attempt to shill link to reddit and normal people, and you basically have a recipe for solid long term growth without huge XRP like pumps.

shut the fuck up you absolute cunt

theres no fucking way someone browsing here doesnt have a bag of link we're all just shitposting

I actually have some link but I'm not going all in.
Why would someone pay for decentralization at the cost of losing speed?

>muh decentralization
Data providers already have an incentive for not giving out false information. It's called having a profitable and respected business.
Nobody is gonna wait for 30 minutes on a clogged network that could've been done in seconds.

>muh blockchain agnostic
So they're gonna wait for an uncertain amount of time for a blockchain platform that scales better than eth AND convert the whole system to it? How long that's gonna take?

Attached: shelby.jpg (1160x629, 110K)

can any1 refute this

>The chainlink token does not have a good value proposition

The token is used as collateral though.

the volatility of the token is immaterial because you could write a contract that market sells LINK for crypto and then market sells for fiat immediately after payment is rendered in LINK to an oracle operator; the same goes for wronged parties of a contract receiving penalty payments in LINK from a malicious/faulty node

For now it is. This whole hush hush were the only ones in on the secret faggotry will end soon. You can't hide a coin once it enters top 20.

>What are your reasons?
Non-solution to a non-problem.
>The past year biz has dug up a mountain of information that has certified the potential of the project.
Finding the letters 'C' and 'L' on an Intel website doesn't mean they are in a partnership with Chainlink. Nor does a partnership with another meme crypto currency mean anything.
>. Do you you prefer to have other positions and have stronger beliefs in other projects for various reasons or do you really think smart contract oracles are not a bigger opportunity?
It's a meme coin with no actual use case.
>I see a lot of solid projects here, but I just think link is the biggest potential by far.
Well I don't. It doesn't even have an actual product yet, just memes.

No one replies cuz it's true.

i didnt invest because i just dont understand it. i never buy anything i dont understand and im not very smart. i usually am on /b/ most of the time

none of what you said is true.

See the second part, about how using it as staking collateral still breaks down under rational economic assumptions.
>sells LINK for crypto and then for fiat
So just.. selling link for fiat? This still doesn't change that your link stake has changed in fiat value.
I'll assume you misspoke and were addressing instant exchanges more generally. This is exactly the problem because it decimates your transactional utility token value proposition: if noone holds the token for any length of time, it doesn't act to prop the price up.
Both the staking and transaction utilities suffer from the same flaw: people will avoid exposure to a volatile token as much as possible, unless you pay them. Chainlink has no mechanism to do so.

Because he's absolutely SEETHING

You are literally 9 years old. How did you find this website? Get off your older brother's computer.

You understand that holding a short position as well as a long position doesn't guarantee you'll be doing better than someone who is just long right? I don't understand this retarded perma bear viewpoint all you faggots have nowadays.

Not to mention the fact that if I'm shorting link I obviously can't be using it as collateral to secure my spot serving high value contracts. Thus, someone who is all in staking will be generating more link from fees. If they restake they are very likely to outperform my bitmex 100x short position

I reread your first post. Were you saying that stakes only need to match the cost of querying APIs, as opposed to matching the value of a smart contract. Why do you think that collateral won't match the value of a smart contract?

>page 3/4
>he doesn’t browse the catalog
user, I-I’m sorry, you’re just never gonna make it

Yeah.
>which are perhaps the worst example of a transaction to prop up a staking currency since they are many and low value.
I don't like to throw around random big numbers but it's trivial to think of high value data that would be highly collateralised. Imaging data for a large trade on the stock market. Or ownership data for a property.
>The pool of staked link will therefore be almost entirely matched by hedging positions.
This point doesn't make any sense. You can't hedge a slashing condition. You can insure against it, but the premiums would be extreme. You CAN hedge the value of the tokens to maintain a steady fiat value (and I expect everyone to do this) but I don't see the relevance of that.
>his all assumes that chainlink does become the dominant oracle provider
Ifs and buts. Competition is a factor in any investment.

>what is speculation
Youre completely ignoring the fact that chainlink can, you know, start marketing. It's not nearly as important or hard to change as the fundamentals ie the code.

Also please explain to me in detail how smart contracts that market buy LINK to pay node operators (who will probably just horde their link fees) is not bullish without misunderstanding or outright lying about the fact that high value contracts need high value fees. Thanks

No one replies because he called it "chain"

>If you want to invest in link then I'd advise to wait a few months for the hype to die down.
Alright I'll buy when it hits $10.

How many people worldwide you think have LINK let alone even heard of it? I forget the number of wallets active but its only like a 5 digit number right?

is 25k enough to make it? im seriously worried its going to moon in dec and i cant buy in enough to 50k

Attached: 1467731863721.png (220x220, 71K)

Hahaha holy fucking kek this is how most people feel. Fucking give in and buy at least 10k you faggot

Let him be, some people are destined to be poor.

Volatility has an implicit cost. Not hedging costs you more than keeping a 100x short collateralised, or even cheaper options-based hedging.
Smart contracts don't have value, they manipulate value. The most collateral needed is enough to collateralise any one oracle call.
>ownership data for a property
Any such high-value registers would likely be on-chain. And you still only need enough collateral to cover one call, or some small fixed multiple to cover the challenge and revocation period.
>You can't hedge a slashing condition
That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm just talking about hedging your exposure to the chainlink token, which you "expect everyone to do", but which destroys the token value proposition since you can't rely on the staked tokens to hold the price up. The net effect on the price of a fully hedged position is zero.
>Competition is a factor in any investment
But other things in this space have network effects on their side: eth, for instance, is worth more the more people use it because it gives you more places to spend it. You gain little from other people using chainlink, so the winner-take-all outcome is less likely.
>speculation
>marketing
If the token has no value other than unsupported expectations of future value, then you have a ponzi scheme. Buying blindly into a ponzi scheme is foolish, buying knowingly into a ponzi scheme is unethical and only slightly less foolish.

Whatever argument you could make to call chainlink a ponzi you could make for anything else.

>The most collateral needed is enough to collateralise any one oracle call.

Is this english? Collateral is used to INSURE, not pay fees.

>Whatever argument you could make to call chainlink a ponzi you could make for anything else.
No, I laid out the distinction clearly. There must be a value proposition independent of an expected increase in value.
>Collateral is used to INSURE, not pay fees
That's why I'm talking about collateral, not fees. My point is that people will make up some huge number for the yearly value they expect to be in some way processed by chainlink, but you only need enough collateral to cover the penalties for one potentially malicious call. Or a few, if it takes a while for the system to penalise: until it's complete we won't know.

do derivatives have value or manipulate value?

Both. A derivative is worth money based on the price movement of a larger pool of commodities. The quadrillion-dollar values for total global derivatives don't really have a real-world meaning, since they're talking about the notional value of all the assets derivatives are settled against, which can be far more than actually exists since the multiple derivatives can be based on the same assets. The "true value", or as close as can be determined in such an opaque market, is more like $20 trillion, less than all stocks.
And of course, the computers that run those transactions get a negligible amount of that. The fees go to the banks, for providing liquidity and producing the derivatives in the first place, and that wouldn't change under a chainlink-based derivatives settling model.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Phew! I was worried you had some points for a minute there. Suffice to say after reading that gibberish I am once again comfy. Let see if I can untangle any of it though, just for fun.
>Any such high-value registers would likely be on-chain
How are you going to have market data "on chain"? I guess maybe some sort of oracle solution huh...
>I'm just talking about hedging your exposure to the chainlink token, which you "expect everyone to do", but which destroys the token value proposition
Just flat out wrong. How does a hedge destroy the value proposition of the underlying? Does hedging dollars destroy their value? Nonsensical.
>but you only need enough collateral to cover the penalties for one potentially malicious call.
No. You need distinct collateral for all your service agreements.

>No, I laid out the distinction clearly. There must be a value proposition independent of an expected increase in value.

What? Staking fees, dawg.

>you only need enough collateral to cover the penalties for one potentially malicious call.

You understand node operators need to post up collateral, right? Not smart contract owners.

>Chanlink assumes people or companies will want to buy and hold large amounts of a volatile token, but it totally fails to incentivise this.

ICO. Those fuckers bought that shit so fast and you know what those fuckers love to do? Make money, but yet those money loving fuckers did not sell their Chainlink stack when it was at the ATH.

I FUCKING WONDER WHY?

Its too difficult and complicated to buy link id rather it be on robinhood

Because y'all have been saying it was going to do shit for like a year and it hasn't done shit for like a year.

>How are you going to have market data "on chain"?
I picked out the property ownership data specifically. An ownership registry is one of the really obvious use cases for blockchains.
>Does hedging dollars destroy their value?
If you buy a dollar and short a dollar, you have net zero effect on the price. Chainlinks value proposition relies on node operators buying and holding to drive up the price, I point out that hedging will be widespread and will nullify this effect.
>No. You need distinct collateral for all your service agreements.
The only reason they couldn't be pooled is to try and increase the collateral requirements to support the price. Which the chainlink team could totally do of course, it just makes their competitors which require less collateral more attractive.
Are you paying attention to the conversation? I'm saying chainlink has a severely degraded value proposition. You suggest marketing as a solution. I say marketing without substance is a ponzi scheme. Staking fees (the transactional utility value proposition) are one of those invalid value propositions (instant, same-transaction buying and selling pushes the money velocity to infinity). You are left, again, with nothing.
>node operators need to post up collateral
Yes, that wasn't at issue here. I'm addressing the sometimes ridiculous valuations I've seen where people assume that the collateral needs to equal a year's worth of the massive and inflated (see above about true value) derivatives trading they expect to be passing through a node. But that's crazy, because you only need enough collateral to cover what's happening right now.
People bought link to speculate. That's fine as long as they're speculating on real future value. I suggest that they are not.

I bought LINK and then sold it on the SIBOS 2017 pump. I planned to buy back in, but haven't as I now firmly believe it's a shit coin:

- Sergey has been doing the same talk for a year, and he never even mentions Chain link

- Sergey is a philosophy major with a history of failed startups. He's not a leader. Also he can't code.

-They announced they were re-writing everything in Go, which set the whole project back at least 6 months

- Andre Cronje reviewed their code and said they were years away from having anything fully working

-They launched an oracle testnet and almost zero people used it

- LINK gets shilled so hard on biz obviously means there are 1000s of bag-holders waiting to sell. They won't let it pump.

Attached: 1527667740713.jpg (1164x1048, 279K)

I can tell you sold on the SIBOS pump because these are all 2017 FUD.

>I picked out the property ownership data specifically
Yeah I know you did. You're wrong, btw, property data will remain on legacy systems for the forseable future. Why did you ignore the market data one? Because it blows up your position.
>If you buy a dollar and short a dollar, you have net zero effect on the price.
Just wrong. IDK what else to say about that. Stay in school?
>The only reason they couldn't be pooled is to try and increase the collateral requirements to support the price.
Lol. You can't "pool" a penalty deposit. If you have 10 link as a penalty for two jobs, and the firsr fails and you lose the deposit, what happens to the second? Lol. You need separate collateral for separate jobs. This is so basic Im sure you're just fucking with me, but its good to talk through these things.

I don't, link is a heavily shilled shitcoin. The admins only let people get away with this insane shilling while deleting 0 X bitfinex and bazingacoin spam, because they have heavy LINK bags.

Prove me wrong then