Why are normie forums so absessed with banning people

why are normie forums so absessed with banning people.

HURR DURR you said something that i dont like, I ban you now.

Attached: caveman.jpg (800x450, 38K)

can you really blame them? Jow Forums is fucking awful

Because they are interested in validation and asserting authority through preconceived bullshit notions of civility.

Jow Forums is concerned with truth

redditors hate offtopic posts because they are used to their highly divided website with boards for every single topic.

I love the openness of Jow Forums as much as the next guy, but come on only brainlets couldn't deduce why this isnt the case... look at the ads on Jow Forums vs the ads on normiebook/plebbit, which ones do you think generate more revenue? Why do you think Jow Forums doesn't have those high revenue generating ads? What is reputation?

I guess they just care about your dental wellbeing.

> Jow Forums is concerned with truth

My sides

Attached: 1516540107499.png (400x386, 207K)

>Jow Forums is concerned with truth
>he probably bought into the chainlink scam

it's correct, truth causes high levels of concern here

Because on a large scale people tend to be autistic jerks. So moderation through banning is needed to prevent the forum from turning into "everything is a reptillian sjw conspiracy central".

Attached: reptilians-alien.jpg (773x517, 52K)

that's not what would happen.

If you want civil conversation without having to ban everyone you disagree with, you need preset rules

Power corrupts

Kind of, but not quite. More accurate to say that on Jow Forums, due to the anonymous nature of it, there's no incentive to fluff up your posts and pretend to be some fedora intellectual like you would on r*ddit
Appeals to bandwagon shit or popularity don't work here. Your posts must stand by their own merit. Any attempt to do otherwise will get you called out, no one really buys that shit on here because it's transparent as fuck as soon as you remove the upvote/downvote/social-media-profile mechanic.

The redpill is that "free speech" in its purest ideological sense never existed ever. You only have relative liberty of speech in any forum, real or online.

if in your part of the world "normie" is associated with SJW snowflakes then fuck me you might aswell move out.

I disagree that it discourages trying to be a fedora tipper.

No upvoting does help a lot, because it allows unpopular opinions to be heard instead of being drowned out.

There's no incentive to do that shit though, unless you're using a trip so people can identify your posts with your identity on some other site
You can usually tell when someone isn't from here, when they try to act smart, and then get called a faggot

Complete anonymity is not the same as real social interactions, which results in Jow Forums getting a lot of people who are unable to act properly IRL. The reddit system lends itself to more accurate social interactions since IRL people do have a memory of who you've been in the past and whether you are going to support them even if they are wrong, and tend to believe people that they trust more than their reasoning of the truth. Jow Forums, while arguably more focused on "truth" often ends up with half-truths in situations where there is no ultimate truth, and these half-truths are not useful at all.

I'd be surprised if even 1% of people here have read the site rule, let alone rules for other forums.

Ive been banned on Jow Forums lots of times

ha

To uphold community standards

There's always some edgefag in our local facebook group trying to trigger everyone, he gets banned, then comes back whining about muh freedum of spech etc

Like dude its a forum where we talk about gardening, trick or treat, and bitch about traffic, not your personal arena to call people cucks and snowflakes etc.

That's why I like Jow Forums desu

>The redpill is that "free speech" in its purest ideological sense never existed ever. You only have relative liberty of speech in any forum, real or online.

You can say anything you want as an user on Novusphere. And when it supports more than one crypto, which is planned, then nobody can stop anyone from saying anything ever again.

The only form of moderation at that point is delegated moderation. That means you pick from a list of people who want to moderate what you see. Crypto is going to make it impossible to really stop anything people say.

nice reddit spacing newfag

You're a roody-poo candyass

freedom of speech leads to racially aware people and the exposing of jews as having bribed and printed their way into controlling the central bank media and courts, and they can not continue their long term mass crime spree if people are allowed to talk about it

It also makes it harder for religions to take over. From Islam to Christianity.

On top of that it makes comedians actually funny. You can literally tell the health of a society by how funny comedians are. If the top funniest celebrities are constantly under fire and are forced to not be funny then its a sure sign we may be in a moral panic.

One of the best things about freedom of speech in the internet era is that we are bombarded with a lot of false information as well. This means that we obviously have to learn to think critically or fall under some kind of mind cult. How many fucking genders are there guys!? 2 mother fucker!

Imagine, just for a moment, imagine being an internet moderator and you do it all for free. Imagine the adrenaline rush of hitting that ban button to truly feel in charge all for no compensation whatsoever

Attached: 1525936399570.png (552x524, 76K)

YOU'RE A FUCKING
>WHITE MALE

T. reptoid conspiracist.

Attached: 1537820206868.jpg (822x901, 75K)