I want to really save on food in order to invest more...

I want to really save on food in order to invest more, what do you guys cook or buy that keeps you healthy but still keeps costs down?

Attached: 1541366563961.gif (442x473, 590K)

rice
beans
chicken
ground beef
vegetables
fruit
eggs
oats

meals for 2 weeks --> $50 dollars

invest the rest in whatever you choose

Whatever the fuck I want!

Attached: download (2).jpg (250x201, 12K)

what country do you live in where this amount is so cheap?

milk
eggs
chicken
beef
fruit
vegetables
tuna

>Funnel all your money into crypto
>Work for a month
>Get on welfare
>Have all your running expenses paid by the tax payer
>Use food money to buy in special shops for people on welfare
>Dumpster
>Use left over money to buy more LINK

Attached: bump.png (405x503, 513K)

Another user here.

>1 pack of rice contains 4 bags of rice bags.
45c
>1kg of chicken.
4$ (i buy only 3-4$ kg meat).
>1kg of meat
4$ (see above).
>1kg of carrots + onion + cabbage + red onion.
Usually its 30c per veggie.
>1kg of tomatoes (expensive).
80c usually i dont buy them.

Daily i use 2 bags of rice + half a kg of meat + veggies. That should amount on average 3-4$ per day. Which makes around 21-28$ per week. It really depends on how you can get meat cheaper because sometimes the shop sells 2-3$ kg of meat. I usually always stockpile meat when its on sale and just take it from storage. 2 weeks = 50$ is feasible and not impossible. Also the shops sell cans of food (already done the same shit) for 1.50$ which is like 1 meal. If you combine these strategies i can see 60$ for food per 2 weeks the most realistic outcome. You can swap rice to freezed potatoes which is like also 45-90c. Depending the brand and on sale. Usually i just go for plain potatoes. You can also eat at your parents house when visiting them.

Now this seems frugal but its actually quite delicious if you make your own food. I actually obviously spend more money on food, going out with my gf as well etc. but if i would live a loner life then 60$ per 2 weeks is very realistic. You can reduce it to 30$ per 2 weeks if you cut meat but that seems a bit too overboard.

do you freeze alot of the meat? and how do you manage to eat all the vegatables and use them in everyday cooking from day to day? i always struggle with using all my vegetables before they go bad

ups forgot to give (you) a you

see

What do you mean veggies go bad? Explain to me how cabbage + carrots + onions go bad in 2 weeks?

And yeah with meat you freeze it. What i do is that i cut them in 0,5kg pieces and freeze them. When im preparing next day food i put it in the fridge to soften up.

>rice
Exclude this and its good

how come? personally i prefer whole grain pasta but is that also bad?

I find potatoes to be more healthy but sometimes i like rice. My mega food recipe is as follows:

2 bags of rice (or use potatoes)
carrots, onions, tomatoes, garlic, red onions, pickles, cabbage (add more veggies)
onions sauce
2 eggs while cooking the rice
any taste powder (curry, meat taste what ever)
meat

You start off by boiling the rice and preparing it. While its cooking you chop all the veggies to cubes. Then you cook the meat. After you cooked the meat you add your square veggies and use onions sauce + taste powder (i use curry or pepper). Then after you have cooked a little bit the veggies (dont let them get soggy) then you take the veggies off and add some lemon juice into it. Then you start cooking the rice after boiling it and add taste powder. After that you add onions sauce to your rice. Then you add eggs to the rice and shake it. Then you mix up the prepared veggies + cooked rice with seasoning etc and add something if y want. Mayonaisse 1 spoon i use. Then mix it and you can last for a day.

get yourself a pressure cookers to save on energy too and eat nothing but simple fresh or frozen veggies, beans, and rice.

I like the taste of meat. I cant work without it. I also need to use protein powder to keep fit.

Also to you user i try not to spend over 200$ for food per month. Thats like my keycode. 150$ per month is a good result! Im talking about all the food not the frugal food recipe. With frugal food recipe you can cut it to 120$ but its too fucking insane.

was also thinking about making a massive pot of bolognese sauce and freeze it down. you could also switch out the beef with something like squash if u want to save even more

what country do you live in? 200 pr month here would be insane, it would be almost impossible.

Dont forget to live a life man. Ive had period of 1 week of frugal food style and it drives me nuts. I try to eat chinese food but i keep my kcal dose to 1500-2000kcal per day.

Ive only got my breakfast sorted.
>plain oatmeal
>mix in nuts and whatever cheap berrys/fruit

I live in eastern EU man.

well i dont spend a massive amount of food to begin with, but i feel i often waste the food i buy or dont use it to its full potential. thats why i wanna learn how to cook to not only last for the day, but to last for several days etc

yeah same here man, but i absolutely need to drink milk in order to get the oatmeal down desu

>how come? personally i prefer whole grain pasta but is that also bad?
Glycemic load and glycemic index
Also its not rich in terms of minerals and etc.

Wholegrain pasta is good

Rice and potatoes are your friend.
Veggies.
Raw meat.

Also as other anons posted oatmeal or any other type of food. As said above.

Main ingredient - 1$
Veggies - 50c
Meat - 3$

Mix it up or change values. You should be able to make a lot of food for 5-8$ for 2 days.

do anyone of you bake bread yourself?

I dont eat bread because its too heavy on the kcal side. I also avoid butter, salt, sugar. Only drink water or coffee (and hehe white wine).

>butter
how? butter is one of my favorite things, i use it in so much cooking

costco hotdog
costco chicken
costco rice

Attached: 1433659996472.jpg (800x534, 290K)

sorry I thought you were trying to save money not be a little bitch making excuses about why he can't eat cheap to work toward a greater goal cause lil baby can't live without a meaty cock in his mouth

chicken tendies

I cook with onions sauce. Its a cheat i learned. Onions sauce gives a good salty taste and that way i avoid butter. Okay with meat y kind of need to use butter because the onions sauce trick doesnt like to work with that. You can use fatty meat and cook and just cut off the fat after cooking it. That way you avoid butter completely. And yes im that type of person who eats sandwiches (if i eat) without butter.

This

Saged user, sage.

Also wtf soiiiiiii sauce it changes it to onion sauce if i write it right.

>not swallowing
doesn't your job provide lunch for you op?

nope

rice and beans

Attached: 1505023938011.jpg (480x337, 91K)

Get one of those packages of steak where it's like a pound and a half in two pieces of meat. Have one piece for dinner. Cut the other piece into thirds. Boom! A little steak and eggs for breakfast for three days this week.

>Can of black beans
>Drain
>Put it in a bowl with a few spoons of salsa
>Microwave it

Alternatively, you can also add cheese and lettuce then turn it into burritos.

I copied something an user said here is the ultimate chad meal
////////////////
food 150 a month :
"what you can make:
quesadilla
burger
chicken sandwich
turkey sandwich
steak tips
salad
fajitas

ingredients:
chicken breast
ground turkey
steak tips
ground beef

bell peppers
jalapeno
habanero
romaine lettuce

shredded jack cheese

tortillas
potato buns
ciabatta

hot sauces
italian dressing
EVOO
mayo
dried habanero spice
cajun blend spice (or cayenne and chili powder)
garlic powder
black pepper
crushed red pepper

this is my actual shopping list, sometimes I try different shit but these are my staples

as far as making stuff, I fry or saute everything in a pan, ideally cast iron, with olive oil and spices. different spices for different creations.

chicken for example:
marinate chicken breast in spices (usually chili powder, cayenne, black pepper because I like flavor, maybe some salt but don't go overboard, it's really not needed)

dice chicken breast
toss in spices, rub evenly
heat oil on a pan, put on medium heat
drop in diced breast, sear and cover, flip after a minute or so, drop heat, cover. super juicy chicken. repeat process with diced veggies, go with the lower heat.

for a quesadilla, dice, and spice and fry veggies, take one tortilla, put cheese on it, drop on hot veggies, put on a pan, fold.

burgers are the same process essentially, toast your buns, take off heat once juices start coming through the top of the patty. You can make turkey burgers with ground turkey and forming them into patties and then doing the same.

this shit really isn't hard, and you can buy all that stuff for less than 150$ and it will last you a long time, depending on how much you eat a day."

At the moment I've been solid on some pretty uncomplicated cheap foods. My missus and I went from eating take out every day ($60+) to easy home cooked meals (