I work a job I absolutely hate. The problem is, the money is good, and the time off is good...

I work a job I absolutely hate. The problem is, the money is good, and the time off is good. I work 6 months out of the year, and make approximately $90k after taxes and 401k deductions. 401k is maxed out at $18.5k with a 4% company match, for an annual contribution of about $25k.

I'm a 30 year old white male, and I want to go pursue my passions, but I'm worried that if I leave this career field, I won't be able to come back. On the other hand I feel like I'm wasting the best years of my life on this shit-ass job and sacrificing time I could be spending developing myself in other careers.

Advice?

(PS - Net worth is about $70k.)

Attached: m1.jpg (1280x1351, 471K)

all in chainlink
retire next year

The way i see it all jobs are sucky. The goal is to get the most money and time off as possible. You already accomplish that so stop thinking grass is greener.

Why not just make a living day trading?

Attached: 1541615538111.jpg (590x585, 238K)

What would u do if u would quit that job tmrw?

Why don’t you just use those 6 months you don’t work to test the waters? If the things you’re passionate about work out after 6 months you can quit you current careeer.

Why do cucks always talk about 401k, I'm not american so I don't know what it is, but if I had to guess I'd say it's a retirement fund?
Why the fuck plan your retirement at 60 when you hate your present day life, if anything, just have fun now and kys at 60, do you think you'll still get pussy at 60? life becomes extremely boring then.

Holy shit this mindset is fucking retarded. Most 60 year olds thought this way when they were 20. Then they turned 60 and decided life was still worth living.

Really must suck to be one of those boomers who yolo’d it the first half of their lives and now are living in poverty.

this

Why is your net worth so pathetic for your income and age?

My career is basically 2 months on / 2 months off. It's tough to check out a whole new career in that time, but maybe I can do some internships and see whats up. This actually good advice, thanks user.

401k is literally free money if you have employer match. Just this year I got an extra $7000 from my match for nothing.

What job?

Learn how to actually save money and you could be a free man by 40. Money in, money out is keeping you on a treadmill

Oil or shipping?

I have 800k, should I stop wage cucking?

Just started this job. Spent most of my 20s drinking and doing drugs. Just started my 401k at 29.

Deployed military contracting.

I've thought about this. I figure if I have a house and car paid off, I can live off the dividends of invested $400k. Is this realistic?

I'm a free man with less. Do you feel productive, or trapped?

Consider developing a real estate portfolio (meaning you own more than one property) for consistent rental income. Read "Antifragile". You're on the right track

Ah sucks man. I was in Afghan 08-09. The contractors then talked it up, how much money, but fuck, I liked having Apaches and Seacobras on call. What are your assets like?

>Antifragile
Thanks user, I'll check that out. It'd be great to just start a career doing something creative, and having enough of a portfolio that I could make a living off my art or something else.

Yep, it's still no fun. Five dudes to a room, and being gone isn't exactly easy to maintain a relationship with. I work ISR so at least I'm relatively safe - but like you said, money is good and the work is chill. The Afghans are burning their trash again now though, so the air smells like burning tires -___-

what a shitty spoilednigger
for 90K a year I'd do any job there is, with the exception of selling my asshole to gay men (I'd even do that for 90K if I were guaranteed no stds and no reputation loss)
and you have 6 months off a year too
I despise you
I hate everything you are
every fiber of your being
are all americans that are not lower class as spoiled as you? jesus christ, I thought my country was supposed to be rich and on top, but then I hear this shit
I really want you to do, not even joking
you are a waste of space and literally anyone deserve that job more than you

Attached: 1488123997516.jpg (1663x1247, 176K)

Hmm.. my job is not bad but I work in a liberal hellhole that I really want to get the fuck out of.
So I guess yeah, I do feel kinda trapped.

>Deployed military contracting.
jesus fucking christ
so you get to shoot your gun, have a thrill now and then and get instant respect from people 1on1
again, you don't deserve your job at all

Luxury. Ah, there were days I'd dream of the smell of burning tires. We had to get up four hours before we went to bed to burn the shit, and when we came off patrol our platoon Serjeant would cut us in half with a sword and dance on our graves

Attached: C9555D72-F6BA-4D5C-AA1C-3CE079585FE8.jpg (460x276, 28K)

If the remaining six months out of the year isn’t enough to pursue your passions you problem are just feeling resentment that is based more on a sense of restlessness than rooted in real practical issues. If you quit your job you’ll probably regret it. Your attitude towards your work is like a lot of women’s attitude towards men.

Anyone could do what I did. Do a few years in the military, get out and make connections on LinkedIn. Not my fault you're a lazy faggot.

But thanks for the backhanded compliment. Makes me feel good to know my job is the envy of someone out there.

Attached: pg13.png (450x643, 600K)

You sound Russian or Eastern European with the way you type. But anyway, you might be right about the restlessness part. I mostly want to get my law degree and begin working towards civilian leadership of the US Air Force. It's a pretty technical, high level thing that I can't just 'pursue on the side' when I'm home.

>Not my fault you're a lazy faggot.
>literally posts gay pictures
>Makes me feel good to know my job is the envy of someone out there.
Your job is. You, the person, however, is the epitome of everything no one wants to be.
You whine about making 90K a year on a nigerian fishmonger advertising board, and then you go on and cry and break down even more about how awful it is not working 6 months a year. How much cock do you take up the arse daily? You must have lost count ages ago.

numbnuts, he low-key called you a whiny bitch

Is it gay if it's a picture of yourself?

Don't know what part of the world you're from, but $90k a year isn't much in the US. Sorry to hear you work a dead end ass job where you'll never wonder if you were made for more, or to pursue something that would benefit your society or species beyond naked self-interest. Maybe when you retire from the coal mine you work at when you're 65, you'll be able to ask yourself these questions, but then again, by then it'll be too late, and you will have worked your whole life being a wagie, never taking risks, consuming and dying like a good like pleb.

Buy link
You'll even have enough money left over after retiring to keep tabs on your ex-boss and arrange to have a gang of gay niggers rape his ass once every single year for the rest of your life.

>Is it gay if it's a picture of yourself?
even more so
>to pursue something that would benefit your society or species beyond naked self-interest
yeah, you're a huge faggot

Sounds like a plan.

Uh huh, stay broke faggot.

>Is it gay if it's a picture of yourself?
Double gay.

Trust me, I have a master's degree in looking at gay pictures.

Don't listen to those bare-chested neet faggots. They don't respect you because they know how much 90k a year costs you to make. They think you're working dream job. My advice is to retire off crypto and fuck usaf management, never have to deal with any chogies ever again. Priceless

How do you make a living? how much u invested? newfag here

Buy LINK, seriously, I have $60k worth myself.

Attached: 1537030668009.png (4404x2248, 2.19M)

Thanks user, you know what's up. You might be on to something. I think working in politics might be okay as long as I knew I wasn't dependent on it and could quit at any point. We'll see how that goes though - good looking out.

So you're contracting, maybe former military? In a similar boat, I don't think I'm gonna do it. Money isn't worth living in a shithole half of the year dude

>401k is literally free money

Imagine being this much of a deluded wagie. Literally beyond certifiable

Attached: delusion.jpg (346x399, 15K)

Didn't read the rest of the posts, yep I was right. We might actually have done the same thing, what color was your old hat?

>Uh huh, stay broke faggot.
are you this sackless in your job to?

Attached: C367neuXAAIoLxj.jpg (798x770, 62K)

Don't want to talk about it too much on this board, it's a small community. Prior USAF, niche profession, airborne. I'm sure you can narrow it down from there.

i agree with this.

if you don't wanna talk about it, why make a thread
oh, just fuck off and die

obviously pararescue or combat control

so you make a shit load of money working in a shithole for 6 months of the year? is it dangerous?

401k will get rekt by government next crisis, dont trust these massive funds to still have your money 40 years from now

t rowe price apparently manages just shy of $1 trillion dollars, its absurd, your money isnt safe

> I contribute 25k to my 401k
>annual limit is 18.5 with employer contributions

Anything over the 18.5 gets taxed twice enjoy getting fucked by the IRS assuming this isn’t a larp

But it’s a larp, and assuming it isn’t would be like assuming OP isn’t a faggot

I agree with you mostly, but the company that manages my 401k allows a fair amount of personal adjustment, which is why I keep my shit in treasuries and bonds. Slow roll at 3% average per year, but I think its the smart bet, especially right now. I'm predicting a major market crash (15-20% correction at least) in the next 18 months.

Employer match also helps allay some of the worries of market fluctuation.

I contribute 18.5 from my paycheck - the other 6.5 comes from employer match which doesn't count against your limit.

Yes it does you fucking imbecile the max is 18500 per year it doesn’t fucking matter if the employer contributes the 18500, once that’s reached you get double taxed on what you over contributed for fucking things up

Double down on your larp though goes to show you’re an idiot. What goes through your head that you have to pretend on an anonymous website? Pathetic.

youre a fucking idiot

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 7.02.35 PM.png (1442x394, 135K)

cont'd

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 7.06.06 PM.png (1440x422, 144K)

if I were you, I would buy investment properties, rental apartments near universities/colleges. that is what i plan to do

Pic related.

Attached: Capture.jpg (738x321, 64K)

Yep, I think real estate is the way I'm gonna go as well. It's just so comfy.

Imma bet CCT, wat was it like OP?

Funny, I'm planning to exit scam from this life at 60.

Tier 2 SOF is not quite what you would think, 99% of the time it's not like call of duty. You train a lot, do day to day bullshit, etc. I'm betting this guy was a TACP and is kind of an idiot posting on Jow Forums when he could use a bro network to find a good job stateside. a PJ would not get a job as a sensor operator. Military ain't too bad but it will slowly suck you dry

Not a spec ops guy.

>TACP
Nope. Also, good luck trying to find a job in the states that pays as well as a deployable one. That's the conundrum.

>PJ would not get a job as a sensor operator
They can and do.

I’m currently enlisting in AF and am wondering wat to pick
Scored 99th percentile for whatever that’s worth

You don't know what you're talking about, good luck.

Security Forces!

Just kidding... Obviously.

Well, it depends on what you want. You made a good choice. I went from a NEET to making $200k+ a year from the military. General advice is that the more niche of a field you pick, the more money you can command after you get out. Intelligence work is always in demand, so are cyber jobs. Spec ops have a wide breadth of options too. A lot of the guys I work with are ex-CCT, TACP and PJ, and I work in intel, so it goes to show how far reaching they can go.

Besides that, only sign for 4 years. There's literally no reason to do 6. They're going to give you the hard sell on this, telling you you wont be promoted / get good assignments if you only do 4. Absolute lies. Sign for 4 years.

If you decide its not what you want to do in 4 years, you still have the GI Bill. Enjoy your 4 years of free college and living expenses if you decide military contracting isn't for you.

What do you want to do? And enlist or commission? Go air force, don't let any retard convince you otherwise. As much as I think it's all pretty stupid, the other branches are way fucking worse. I've worked with all of them

They don't send Intel guys to jump school you absolute bullshitter

Literally go try to find me a stateside job that pays $200k+/annum where you only work half the year. You won't find it.

We just had a PJ leave my company doing sensor ops. I don't think you've ever worked military contracting, or even been in the military, and you're probably a faggot. Good attempt at a LARP though, 3/10.

Enlist, no commission, think I’m shooting for CCT or intelligence , Idk I don’t really enjoy anything but am a lonely 22yo neet with 50k saved.
Thinking it’s time to branch out and explore a bit is all
AF seems to be a good way to do that with some longer term benefits along the way

Hahaha okay my airborne Intel ISR contractor friend. You're the one creating Jow Forums threads, now you're the one who has it all figured out. Good luck bro, I hope IDF doesn't smoke your ass when you're buying subway on baf

Unless you're willing to be in basically D II college athlete shape, I wouldn't try for CCT. not being cheeky, but you'll fail and they turn you into a cop. Their lives suck. Go be a cyber guy, they learn sick skills and you can get a good job after doing a 4 year enlistment like the guy with a mixed up story said. Air force will pay back student loan debt and shit too

I was a state swimmer in HS, and work out regularly, Running 6 min miles isn’t an issue for me desu, think I should be able to make it?
It’s hard to parse out how hard it is, some people make it sound almost physically impossible, others say it’s not a big deal...

CCT is a good option, but know what you're getting yourself into. It's very hard. Watch an episode of Survivng the Cut to get an idea, if you don't already have one. You might have the athleticism for it, but in general, I doubt the denizens of Jow Forums do on the whole.

Look into 1A8 careers. The aircrew qualification is huge if you're doing intel - like I said, keep making yourself more and more niche, and you'll get a higher and higher salary. I still think you should also look into cyber. I had a friend just get into it and he loves it. And after you get out, you can go almost anywhere in the US and get a $100k+ salary, easily.

Hahaha okay bud, thanks your perspective, glad to see you had nothing to say about being called out on your lack of knowledge about anything. Stay strong, 3P0X1.

Definitely psyops. Then you get to post on this board AND get paid for it.

Plus, Eglin AFB is the number one most Reddit addicted city. Howdidthathappen.jpg.

user, straight up your passion is probably worthless, dont quit.

That's actually a pretty ideal background, it takes a lot of hard work and maturity to make it through. Go for it if you want, just understand the commitment. It's more of a lifestyle than a job

Also I work outdoors doing heavy labor,so I think I’m more suited to handle this than most civilians, but thanks for the heads up, an educational thread for me for sure

Of the USAF Spec Ops community, CCTs are definitely the work horse. In my opinion, when people ask who are the best Special Operations in all communities, I have to objectively say CCTs. Most people think SEALs or Delta, but quite honestly, CCTs have the widest array of qualifications. All CCTs are jump and dive certified - not even all SEALs can say that (all dive, not necessarily all jump). On top of that, CCTs are also fully qualified ATCs.

You'll be embedded with a lot of ODA guys and they'll all love you because you're the one who calls down the thunder. You'll probably also get to kill a lot of people, if that's what you want to do.

The quad of quads!

Ya, all that seems pretty appealing ngl, it’s why I want to do it

Ignore that other guys last post, it's mostly incorrect. Good luck with your choice

It's a sign bruh, meme magic doesn't lie, or so they tell me.

> Thinks you can get higher paying contracting jobs in the US than deployed
> Doesn't think PJs do sensor ops
> Doesn't understand aerial intel exists
> Doesn't think CCTs have broadest range of quals
> Wrong about almost everything he's said so far

K

>why not make a living gambling?

He thinks giving his money to Wall Street every two weeks so they can HFT it and spend the profits on hookers and blow is free money. Meanwhile he can’t touch the money until his balls have dropped below his knees without incurring massive penalties and he doesn’t know what taxes will look like in 35 years. Jesus was a waste.

Maybe put that money to use now reducing personal debt and creating additional monthly revenue through interest paying assets and not giving it away to the worst people on the planet.

Quit being a pussy. Go do something. If you weren't such a pussy you wouldn't be worried about there not being jobs in the future. Grow some balls you coward fuck.

Look at Relex then

Sounds like a gilded cage buddy, get out before its too late.

Pic related is why Bongs call it "int". Int corps sound classier than Intel corps

Attached: 2FFD4D9F-A235-4515-A8E9-B253437D3803.jpg (1000x667, 37K)